new jackets are stiff!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:10 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation new jackets are stiff!!!

Hi all;

I have just purchased new jackets for myself and my wife. Mine is a Joe Rocket and the wife's is a Firstgear. They are extremely STIFF!!!! Just wondering how to get these a little softer before riding season!! I heard that you can put them in the dryer with some rubber balls which will beat the jackets up and soften them up!!!

Is this true?

Any other "solutions"??

Regards,
Bowdon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:24 pm

Re: new jackets are stiff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdon
Hi all;

I have just purchased new jackets for myself and my wife. Mine is a Joe Rocket and the wife's is a Firstgear. They are extremely STIFF!!!! Just wondering how to get these a little softer before riding season!! I heard that you can put them in the dryer with some rubber balls which will beat the jackets up and soften them up!!!

Is this true?

Any other "solutions"??

Regards,
Bowdon
I've done this but used tennis shoes instead of balls...I think Motoport recommended this on his site.Make sure your stuff can go in a machine first though

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #3 of 4 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 2:05 pm

In the immortal words of Queen.

"Get on your bike and ride."

(Fat bottom girls. You make the rockin' world go round.)

I"m sure throwing them in the dryer with some other "stuff" will deteriorate them enough...

JOhn

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Kinsey
Make sure your stuff can go in a machine first though
To expand on this a bit. Make sure that the clothing is compatible with the heat setting on the drying. Motoport recommends not using any heat with their clothing. Just tumble in a cold dryer with two pairs of tennis shoes.

Reports on the effectiveness of this method have had mixed results so YMMV.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in