Chicane Canyon EX question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 4:08 pm Thread Starter

Chicane Canyon EX question

I have a lead on a Chicane Canyon EX tank bag. I don't know if it is the LT specific one. Will I have serious mounting issues if it is not? Past threads show that this is a popular bag but I don't know if the seller knows the difference between a regular Canyon EX and the LT specific one. I assume it is just the mounting hardware. I want to be able to open the oddments box. I see that the newest version of the bag had a little bunge loop to wrap around the box latch. How does a non LT specific one mount? Will I still be able to mount it decently if it is not the one for the LT? The seller would like $110 shipped to my house, and he said it was never used. Anyone here have one they would like to part with for less?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!

2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Re: Chicane Canyon EX question

Hi Crayklr;

I have attached a few pictures of the Chicane Canyon bag I received last November when I purchased a 2005 K 1200LT. It mounts with the small bungy cord under the pin lock for the glove compartment and the top is held on with a velcro strip (two pieces of velcro on each side of the bag) seems to hold fine!!

I think as long as the cord is around the pin on the glove compartment, you should be able to mount velcro to keep the front held down.

Hopefully it works out for you!!

Regards,
Bowdon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	21351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	604.5 KB
ID:	21352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	21353  
post #3 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 6:07 pm
Just ridin'

The Chicane Canyon EX is a large tankbag, and will not work well on the LT.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...cane-tank-bag/

What you want is the LT specific tank bag - I don't think it says Canyon anywhere on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayhlr
I have a lead on a Chicane Canyon EX tank bag. I don't know if it is the LT specific one. Will I have serious mounting issues if it is not? Past threads show that this is a popular bag but I don't know if the seller knows the difference between a regular Canyon EX and the LT specific one. I assume it is just the mounting hardware. I want to be able to open the oddments box. I see that the newest version of the bag had a little bunge loop to wrap around the box latch. How does a non LT specific one mount? Will I still be able to mount it decently if it is not the one for the LT? The seller would like $110 shipped to my house, and he said it was never used. Anyone here have one they would like to part with for less?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 8:32 pm

The Chciane says only LTex on the front (no Canyon anywhere on the bag)

Look at the third picture I uploaded, on the front it says LTex.
Bowdon
post #5 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 8:36 pm

I have a Chicane Canyon Baja EX bag; may be smaller that the Canyon EX and have used it for many miles, in all kinds of conditions. It suits my need quite well; especially since this model can be used with a water "bladder"... great for hot summer rides. Rear mount (where condiments box is located) is via looped strap under seat with female buckle to male buckle on bag, makes for easy access to condiment box. Sorry no pix.

2006 LT Mag Black

1977 HD XL

"Not all who wander are lost"
post #6 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 9:11 pm

I use the Chicane Canyon EX Tank Bag on my 2001 LT.
Not the small, LT-specific Chicane bag.

Like it better than my LT-specific RKA 8.5L tank bag.
Or the RKA 25-Liter tank bag from my R1100RT.
Hasn't affected my ability to fly through turns.

I run all my electronics through the bag,
plus a Camelbak Omega, 50 oz bag in an insulated cooler w/Blue Ice pack.
The drink tube retainer is easy to use on the fly.
The integrated rain cover works great.

Only issue is lock-lock turns.
You'll turn on your turn signals.....
And the map compartment is smaller than on my RKA.
post #7 of 7 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 11:12 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys! I didn't realize that the LT version of the bag was smaller than the regular EX. I just thought they took the EX and made the straps specifically for the LT. Now I need to figure out if I want the bigger bag or not. Otherwise, I will have to wait for a used ExLT bag to come up for sale. If anyone has one they want to part with please let me know!! Thanks

P.S. thanks for the nice pics BOWDON!!

2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in