Nolan helmet anti fog shield adjusment - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 5th, 2009, 11:17 am Thread Starter

Nolan helmet anti fog shield adjusment

I called for an RMA today on my Nolan. The head liner will not lock and stay in place.

In the process, I asked how much to replace the shield and anti fog shield, due to ever so slight scratches between the two I can not buff out.

I now find, due to harmonics from the wind, the pins that hold the anti fog shield in place rotate, and are used to better lock the fog shield to prevent any vibrations. You think, they would have put a warning sticker on the shield stating that. Maybe they did. I don't recall seeing one.

So, if you have a Nolan and use the anti fog shield, you NEED to adjust the pins.

Their rep told me it was done with a screwdriver. My shield has tiny levers on the outside of the visor you rotate.

Another lesson learned the hard way. I won't be spending the $60 to replace those two items.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 5th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Re: Nolan helmet anti fog shield adjusment

Quote:
Originally Posted by yechave
I called for an RMA today on my Nolan. The head liner will not lock and stay in place.

In the process, I asked how much to replace the shield and anti fog shield, due to ever so slight scratches between the two I can not buff out.

I now find, due to harmonics from the wind, the pins that hold the anti fog shield in place rotate, and are used to better lock the fog shield to prevent any vibrations. You think, they would have put a warning sticker on the shield stating that. Maybe they did. I don't recall seeing one.

So, if you have a Nolan and use the anti fog shield, you NEED to adjust the pins.

Their rep told me it was done with a screwdriver. My shield has tiny levers on the outside of the visor you rotate.

Another lesson learned the hard way. I won't be spending the $60 to replace those two items.........
Is the anti fog shield the extra one that comes with the helmet or the one installed?

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 5th, 2009, 2:06 pm Thread Starter

Re: Nolan helmet anti fog shield adjusment

The anti fog goes inside the clear visor. Both are included when you buy the helmet, but the anti fog is not installed. It worked great and I had no fog, but, when I realized there was some scarring of the shield and found it was caused by vibrations between the two, due to the lugs supposedly not being correctly positioned........that is a $60+ repair.

Hoping to save someone else the expense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in