Fieldsheer One Piece Suit - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 6:51 pm Thread Starter

Fieldsheer One Piece Suit

I see that Fieldsheer has a new one piece suit on the market this year. http://www.fieldsheer.com/2009site/f...yclonesuit.htm
Anyone check it out yet? I have been wearing the Fieldsheer Hi Temp and Four Season garments for the past year with good results.I was going to purchase the Aerostitch one piece but at 1/2 the price...I wonder if it is 1/2 the suit? I wished I had a better understanding of the materials used in the suit construction. Waterproof, windproof and breathable seem to be par for both products.

Thoughts?

Fieldsheer Cyclonesuit
600D Carbolex® Outer Shell ●YKK® Front Zipper Closure ●Removable CE Approved Armor In Back, Shoulders, Elbows, Knees And Hips ●Removable Full Body Liner, Jacket And Pant Liner Can Be Used Separately Or Zipped Together ●Rainguard® 100% Waterproof, Breathable Membrane ●Ram Air® Shoulder And Back Vents For Maximum Ventilation ●Reflective Phosolite® On Front And Back For High Visibility ●Ballistic Reinforced Seat Area ●Unique 4-Step Adjustable Upper And Lower Sleeve Volume Control To Secure Armor In Place For Small Or Large Arms ●Removable Hydro Block Collar ●Anatomically Fitted For The Riding Position ●Pockets Included: 2 Hand Warmers, 1 Chest Pocket, 1 Sleeve Pocket, 1 Zipped Map Pocket, 1 Velcro Cargo Pocket And 1 Velcro Cellphone Pocket

Aerostitch Roadcrafter
• Waterproof and Windproof 500 Denier Cordura® GORE-TEX® Fabric
• A Multitude of Storage Pockets
• Underarm and Back Vent Zippers for Comfort in all Temperatures
• 1050 Denier Nylon Ballistics at Shoulder, Elbow, Forearm, Knee, and Shin
• 3M Scotchlite™ Reflective
• Custom Shaped TF Pads Protect Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee Areas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jan 5th, 2009, 4:58 am

Re: Fieldsheer One Piece Suit

Ron,

I'm with you - wishing I knew about materials. I guess we can do what my wife does with her nutrition/medical questions - hit the Internet and make notes.

I think you and I are among the few who like one piece suits. I have 3 hanging in our front closet, but none are made for motorcycling.

I didn't find the price of the Fieldsheer One Piece, but you evidently found the price somewhere. How much?

When you're comfortable...Riding Is Wonderful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Joyfully, MOPMan (Jim Mick)
post #3 of 13 Old Jan 5th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOPMan
... I think you and I are among the few who like one piece suits...
I'd like a good one-piece suit. When I bought my Aerostich Darien (two-piece) I also tried on their one- and two-piece Roadcrafters. If I had the money I'd add a one-piece Roadcrafter to the gear closet. Maybe this year?

It seems to me a two-piece is more versatile, while a comparable one-piece is a little quicker/more convenient for those days when you are just commuting to/from work. Multiple stops (for example, where you will be at a restaurant, walking around, etc., call for a two-piece. I'll take a look at the Fieldsheer some time.

Just my $0.02.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]

post #4 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 6:38 am Thread Starter

Here is the best price I could find. http://www.powersports4less.com/deta...ID=WPS471-2801
I think it would be worth a shot if the sizes fit well. I can only assume that Fieldsheer has these mass produced somewhere overseas and alterations are out of the question. Will keep you posted.
post #5 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 7:41 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuster
Here is the best price I could find. http://www.powersports4less.com/deta...ID=WPS471-2801
I think it would be worth a shot if the sizes fit well. I can only assume that Fieldsheer has these mass produced somewhere overseas and alterations are out of the question. Will keep you posted.
Hey these are just like the new LT. It comes in any color you want as long as it's black.

Stevie Shreeve
post #6 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 1:25 pm

That suit has been out for awhile and I've worn mine out. It lasted for around four years. I liked it because it had a zip out liner and was very easy to get on and off. I wore it down into the twenties and into the eighties. The crotch wore out first. The way I found out was I hit a hard rain storm and ended up working that day looking like I had peed my pants. It is a breeze to put on and take off. In fact, I've been kind of looking at the Aerostitch and don't see much difference in how fast it can come off and on.

On the down side: we have an electronic card reader to gain access to the elevators at work. I frequently forgot to pull my wallet out of my pants and put it in the suit. In order to get to my back pocket, I had to pretty much take the suit off. That also made it a pain when I had to fuel up.

It is a fairly good functioning suit for the price. I'm now looking for a two piece and some heated gear because I'm riding in colder and colder weather.
post #7 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 2:24 pm
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADIVER
That suit has been out for awhile and I've worn mine out. It lasted for around four years.

On the down side: we have an electronic card reader to gain access to the elevators at work. I frequently forgot to pull my wallet out of my pants and put it in the suit. In order to get to my back pocket, I had to pretty much take the suit off. That also made it a pain when I had to fuel up.

It is a fairly good functioning suit for the price. I'm now looking for a two piece and some heated gear because I'm riding in colder and colder weather.
just for comparison - have about 55,000 miles on my Roadcrafter over 5 1/2 years - and it's nowhere near wearing out. There are also side zippers so you can access your pants pockets underneath (but not back pockets - how can you sit on your wallet and ride anyways? )

Aerostich recently raised prices so Roadcrafters are now about $800 - more than twice the Fieldsheer, but it will last and is quite functional.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #8 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Aerostich recently raised prices so Roadcrafters are now about $800 - more than twice the Fieldsheer, but it will last and is quite functional.
....and it's real entertaining watching someone who just got a Roadcrafter putting it on and taking it off in a parking lot.

The experienced folks can do it in less than 30 seconds.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #9 of 13 Old Jan 6th, 2009, 8:21 pm

Garage

Keep checking ebay and the other message boards.

Guess who just scored a barely worn Roadcrafter for just over $400?

If I didn't win the auction, I was going to get a Phantom or a Stealth for about the same price.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #10 of 13 Old Jan 7th, 2009, 1:51 am
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
....and it's real entertaining watching someone who just got a Roadcrafter putting it on and taking it off in a parking lot.

The experienced folks can do it in less than 30 seconds.
yeah I know, but in fairness the new suits are pretty stiff - they go on a lot easier once they're broken-in!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
IBA# 16554

post #11 of 13 Old Jan 7th, 2009, 7:21 pm Thread Starter

Well I bit the bullet. More money must mean a better product. I called Aerostitch and found it takes 5 weeks to build one of these Roadcrafters. They are going to send me a Hi-Viz model to check the fit and if I like the fit and color I can keep it. If I want different colors (which I do right now) I send the Hi-Viz back with any desired alterations and they will build based on today's date...kinda bumps you up in the queue. So far they seem really on top of their game. Will keep you posted.
post #12 of 13 Old Jan 7th, 2009, 7:42 pm
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuster
So far they seem really on top of their game. Will keep you posted.
Congrats - you won't be disappointed - and their customer service and workmanship are second to none. Make sure you sit on the bike when determining the fit - it's a riding suit - not a walking suit!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
IBA# 16554

post #13 of 13 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 6:27 am Thread Starter

Now for the boots...any experience with these?
http://www.helimot.com/shopexd.asp?id=162

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in