Gloves for heated grips.

Anybody using these? Winner or loser?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:22 am

Re: Gloves for heated grips.

Hi Dick,

I have not used those gloves.

I have used some Armored Icon gloves and Lined Winter Armored Icon Gloves. They happened to be on sale as well.

Anyway, I recently went down on the low side and wore my armor down on my gloves. Maybe 1/4" of the plastic worn flat.

From my experience (at least recent), I would suggest looking for something with more protection.

Joe

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #3 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:23 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Heck at that price how can you lose? I run the summer air flows until it gets down to 25 degrees (with the grip heaters blazing of course).

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:42 am

Depending on how bulky they are, you won't feel the heaters through the gloves. Thats my problem with my winter gloves. I think I'm going to get the Ultimate gloves and the lower voltage liner from 12voltclothing soon.

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #5 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 11:58 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbuttwannabe
Depending on how bulky they are, you won't feel the heaters through the gloves. Thats my problem with my winter gloves. I think I'm going to get the Ultimate gloves and the lower voltage liner from 12voltclothing soon.
Severall years ago, Bruce Coleman found some gloves that were made expecially for use with heated grips. They had good protection on the top side, and a thinner palm area for being able to pass the heat from heated grips. I've been looking for 'em for the last month or so - no joy. They aren't being made any longer. Were being sold by Hot Grips, who ran out of his inventory and no more to sell.

These from leatherup are for sure not as protective as many gloves are, butt shouldn't be much worse than the three or four pairs of gloves in my current inventory. Any warm glove I have now, or have had in the past, has been uncomfortably bulky; doesn't pass heat well from heated grips; and the pre-curved ones put my hands/fingers in a cramp after a bit. I'm gonna try a pair of the leatherups and see if they do actually allow heat transfer. Thought maybe someone here already had experience with 'em.
post #6 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Dick,

They are too cheap..can't be any good

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #7 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 12:37 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Dick,

They are too cheap..can't be any good
I hear ya, Wolfgang. Guess I prolly won't ask for a group buy!!
post #8 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
They had good protection on the top side, and a thinner palm area for being able to pass the heat from heated grips. I've been looking for 'em for the last month or so - no joy.
I bet Denise at LoneStar can fix you up. I bought my last pair like that there.

Uh, they weren't 14 bones, though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #9 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 1:24 pm

I recently ordered a pair of motorcycle "shoes" from them. Shipping was fast enough. Price was great. The quality seemed OK and seemed to definately be worth the cost. But they were way too small and I had to send them back for exchange. The return was easy enough and hassle free but it took forever for them to acknowledge they got them back (nearly a week and a half from when UPS says they got there).

If the size is right, the quality will probably be higher than you paid for and they will arrive quickly. I didn't see any comments about them being small like with my boots, and I did order a size larger than I wear.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

post #10 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 2:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknightga6
I recently ordered a pair of motorcycle "shoes" from them. Shipping was fast enough. Price was great. The quality seemed OK and seemed to definately be worth the cost. But they were way too small and I had to send them back for exchange. The return was easy enough and hassle free but it took forever for them to acknowledge they got them back (nearly a week and a half from when UPS says they got there).

If the size is right, the quality will probably be higher than you paid for and they will arrive quickly. I didn't see any comments about them being small like with my boots, and I did order a size larger than I wear.
Hey, Chris - thanks for the input. You know what - it sure seems like some companies 'get it' when it comes to customer service and some don't. I tend to think more-n-more of 'em are comin' around to realize they have competitors out there and one *easy* way to shine and garner repeat bidness and good spread of the word is in customer service - hell, it's free!!

Glad your experience for the most part wuz a good'n.
post #11 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Hey Dick, maybe you ought to order up a pair of them snazzy lookin' chaps too! Just remember to wear pants under 'em!

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #12 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 5:54 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderRay
Hey Dick, maybe you ought to order up a pair of them snazzy lookin' chaps too! Just remember to wear pants under 'em!
Dang me, dang me. I bought a pair of lined chaps from Denise awhile back and stuffed 'em in a Container Store plastic .... uhh... container! and parked 'em down in my storage unit. I honestly meant to go git 'em this afternoon for tamale's way early ride to the *$$ gig we do. Gonna be at or below freezing on the ride!! They're gonna be too stiff to wear if I drop by and pick 'em up in the morning. Dang me!

Your post, Ray, just reminded me that CRS is still alive and well here!!
post #13 of 22 Old Dec 4th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Thanks for the lead for these gloves, Dick. I just ordered up a pair for myself from ol' Santa.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #14 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 8:18 am

Like I said earlier my boots (shoes) from Leatherup didn't fit and had to be exchanged. My first option was an exchange for a larger size. Second option was a refund if out of stock. The other day I got an email from them that the size was out of stock and they would be refunding the amount to my credit card and it would take 3-4 business days. Yesterday (the next day) the credit was posted. Good prices, decent quality and good customer service!

Chris Ehlbeck

post #15 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 8:20 am

Thumbs up Leatherup discount code!

I wish I had found this before some people placed orders from Leatherup.

I have a discount code for 10% on orders. The code is 55632 for unlimited use too! It doesn't appear to be customer specific either.

Use and enjoy.

Chris Ehlbeck

post #16 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 10:07 am Thread Starter

Re: Leatherup discount code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknightga6
I wish I had found this before some people placed orders from Leatherup.

I have a discount code for 10% on orders. The code is 55632 for unlimited use too! It doesn't appear to be customer specific either.

Use and enjoy.
Thanks for sharing the code, Chris. Good on ya. I won't use it, cuz these gloves are pretty inexpensive - and hopefully, someone else can take advantage of it, if ordering some bigger ticket items.

Have great Holiday season, Chris.
post #17 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 10:17 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I bet Denise at LoneStar can fix you up. I bought my last pair like that there.

Uh, they weren't 14 bones, though.
Grif i hate to berst your bubble but...... Denise is not at LoneStar any longer.
Kathy took her place.

Stevie Shreeve
post #18 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 10:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Grif i hate to berst your bubble but...... Denise is not at LoneStar any longer.
Kathy took her place.
WHAT?????

Bruce
Rowlett, TX
2010 Gold Wing
'00 Canyon Red - Sold

post #19 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 11:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Kathy took her place.
WHAT?!?!?! Say it ain't so!!
post #20 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 11:19 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
WHAT?!?!?! Say it ain't so!!
Yep she left about 2 months ago.

Stevie Shreeve
post #21 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 12:35 pm

In my experience, the heated grips put out plenty of heat for cooler gloves to be used. I have armored gloves that are supposed to be good in the hot weather (specifically these), but I haven't really tested that yet. But in 40F, they worked fine. Heated grips did the rest, sometimes on setting 1, sometimes on 2. If the breathe, they probably let the heat through fine.

In case that wasn't enough, I also got some waterproof liners to wear inside, but haven't had the need to try them. I think that's the way to go, though, rather than bulkier, warmer gloves that may negate the effectiveness of the heated grips. Just MHO.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #22 of 22 Old Dec 5th, 2008, 1:12 pm

I actually have a pair of these. Not bad for the money.Never tried the rain cover but it is there if you need it. That being said, I do not wear them anymore. Changed to Columbia Titanium gloves. Lack protection of true cycle gloves but they are by far the warmest gloves I have ever owned. Great heat transfer from the grips. Ridden down to 20 degrees and hands were toastie (grips on low). Hard to believe for as thin as they seem (for winter gloves).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in