BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

LT Luggage

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  beemerlimo 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used "Ortlieb" travel bags on their LT? Good or Bad.

#4 ·
Like John I guess it depends on what you mean by "on". There are several options for liner bags that fit in the side cases. John showed you the RKA line there is also the ones BMW sell and Kathy's Journey Designs (Kathy's Bags) are very popular. Bob's BMW currently has a sale on Kathy's Bags though you can find them on eBay from time to time as well. There is also Beemerbags, Cee Bailey and probably others as well.

I use an XL Ortlieb Rack Pack bag on my R1200GS. Totally waterproof and ruggedly built. It could probably be put across the passenger seat on my LT but a Large might be better. An even smaller size would work better on the trunk rack or tied off elsewhere. Though yellow goes well on Brutus I would look for a different color for an LT :rotf:.

#7 ·
I purchased the smaller yellow one from Aerostich last year for a long cruise, I strap it to the top box rack and assume the yellow makes me more visible. Very rugged, no zippers to foul and waterproof so far, also makes for a great carry bag if you do a day away from the bike, I'd recommend them.

Ron

Attachments

#8 ·
I've owned/used the ortleib saddlebags (on a yamaha) and also still have the duffel or seat bag if you will. They are great overall, totally waterproof.

However, I have used my helen's bag on the back seat of the LT almost exclusively since I got it years ago (when Helen was still in Helenbags), its that good. I need a new one soon, the threads are actually dry rotting now. I mostly like the ease of use and the additional places to put the tie-down straps thru, real easy.

I used aerostich straps to hold it to the seat, using the grab rails.

You can get different sizes and they have never leaked a drop.

Can also stuff a helmet in there, camp gear, etc. Check em out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.