Tourmaster Synergy Heated Vest - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Nov 20th, 2008, 6:05 pm Thread Starter

Question Tourmaster Synergy Heated Vest

Hello all!

I am looking at the Tourmaster Synergy Heated Vest for my wife and I. It looks like it is designed to be wired to the battery.

Can anybody tell me a location that I can buy the BMW style plug so I can just plug the vest into the electric sockets on the LT?

Thanks!

2003 Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K1200LTC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Garmin 450
XM Radio
Video Camera Mount
Fender Mount Driving Lights
Autocom Super Pro AVi
Saddlebag LED Lights

Bakup Backrest
Grip Puppies
VStream Windscreen
Muth Mirrors
2008 Bushtec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Nov 20th, 2008, 6:54 pm

Re: Tourmaster Synergy Heated Vest

The wife and I have the Synergy jackets and not the vest. My thinking was why just warm up your chest. The jackets feel great. I've seen the adapters around but didn't use one (two). We tied the power leads directly to the battery and leave the drivers plug stick out in front of the seat and the wife's comes up between the seat halves behind me. Plenty of cord can be pulled out when needed. When they are not used, they are attached to the frame by winding the protective cap tether around it to keep them in place. I've never been real impressed by the gauge of wire used in the bike. By going straight to the battery, you don't have any voltage drop due to minimal wiring. Hope this helps.

Jim Whitsitt KC5KM
BMWMOA# 144388
Garland, TX
'06 K1200LT
Magnesium black metallic
'04 Bushtec Roadstar
"Hukt on Fonix rilly werkt fer mee."
post #3 of 13 Old Nov 20th, 2008, 7:57 pm
Old Dawg

Why not look at the Vendors here that sell Warm and Safe or look at some Gerbing stuff, they will already the plug you seek and are top quality gear.
+1 on the jacket over the vest BTW.

Warm and Safe Vendor:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41555

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."

post #4 of 13 Old Nov 20th, 2008, 9:01 pm

I was just amazed at the Warm n Safe jacket and gloves coming back from Dallas last weekend. I usually get comfy after getting numbed out from the cold. This time, I was comfy from the word go till I rode into the gearage.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 13 Old Nov 21st, 2008, 12:06 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubLNawt
The wife and I have the Synergy jackets and not the vest. My thinking was why just warm up your chest. The jackets feel great. I've seen the adapters around but didn't use one (two). We tied the power leads directly to the battery and leave the drivers plug stick out in front of the seat and the wife's comes up between the seat halves behind me. Plenty of cord can be pulled out when needed. When they are not used, they are attached to the frame by winding the protective cap tether around it to keep them in place. I've never been real impressed by the gauge of wire used in the bike. By going straight to the battery, you don't have any voltage drop due to minimal wiring. Hope this helps.
Well, after thinking about it, I have bought the jackets rather than just the vests.
I got a great price at $130.00 per jacket with free shipping off of ebay.

Thanks!~

2003 Black
K1200LTC

Garmin 450
XM Radio
Video Camera Mount
Fender Mount Driving Lights
Autocom Super Pro AVi
Saddlebag LED Lights

Bakup Backrest
Grip Puppies
VStream Windscreen
Muth Mirrors
2008 Bushtec

post #6 of 13 Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 8:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Well, after thinking about it, I have bought the jackets rather than just the vests.
I got a great price at $130.00 per jacket with free shipping off of ebay.

Thanks!~
Hi, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if you could let me know who to contact on ebay so I to can get the Synergy jacket for $130. I looked under completed auctions but I cold not find any deals ending for $130. Thank you.
post #7 of 13 Old Jan 7th, 2009, 9:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006FJRAE
Hi, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if you could let me know who to contact on ebay so I to can get the Synergy jacket for $130. I looked under completed auctions but I cold not find any deals ending for $130. Thank you.
Haven't seen the $130 one, but here is a $160 one: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ket-Liner.aspx

I'm leaning towards these myself. They have been getting great reviews and come with the controller an no additional cost. The Motorcycle-Superstore also has the BMW connections.
post #8 of 13 Old Jan 12th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Check my website www.12voltclothing.com Low prices on Warm & Safe gear.
Liners, gloves, Heat trollers & pants. I also carry BMw plugs and adapters.
Larry

Warm & Safe Heated Clothing Sale- Lowest Prices!!

Contact Me.

post #9 of 13 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 6:58 pm

I purchased the jacket liner, chaps and gloves. They work quite well in the 20's on a low setting. When I put them on medium, it got HOT. Tomorrow will be the real test as we will probably be down to the single digits. So far, I really like these things.

The chaps at first seemed to be weird, however since the LT has a heated seat and these chaps are very easy to put on, I'm very happy with them. As stated, there is nothing extra to buy. The wiring harness and thermostat come with the purchase. the gloves, jacket and chaps all connect together.

Thanks for the review guys. I'm happy and warm!
post #10 of 13 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADIVER
I purchased the jacket liner, chaps and gloves. They work quite well in the 20's on a low setting. When I put them on medium, it got HOT. Tomorrow will be the real test as we will probably be down to the single digits. So far, I really like these things.
Did you use a permanent mount for the controller, or did you just go with the "dangling" remote that I believe comes with it. If the latter, did you strap it to your leg? Did you find that acceptable?

Last question. Did you wire it directly to the battery?

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #11 of 13 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 11:29 pm

My tail gunner went with 12 volt clothing... I ordered on Friday afternoon and had the package delivered on Monday morning... AND I DID'NT PAY XTRA!

Everything was as advertised and worked like a charm. On a test run, before I could put the bike in gear, the SO advised me she had to turn the controller down.

If you're part of this community, you owe it to shop the vendors who support it. I have not been displeased yet...

And my hat's off to 12 volt... OUTSTANDING!!!!

Buy whatever you want... I'll support the vendors thank-you...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

post #12 of 13 Old Jan 16th, 2009, 7:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnoxous
Did you use a permanent mount for the controller, or did you just go with the "dangling" remote that I believe comes with it. If the latter, did you strap it to your leg? Did you find that acceptable?

Last question. Did you wire it directly to the battery?
I left it dangling. I have a Kilimanjaro Jacket and the controller falls about two or three inches below the bottom of the jacket. It is easily reached just dangling there. Tourmaster does supply a leg strap, but I haven't needed it.

I was going to order the BMW outlet for the power, but the place I ordered from was out of stock. So, yes I used the supplied harness to wire directly to the battery. It works just fine and it took only a few minutes to hook it up.

As an update, the temps were in the low teens this morning and I put the gear on the medium setting. I ended up sweating before the 40 minute ride was over. I'm beginning to wonder how I ever rode without this stuff. Next week I have a four hour drive and will really give it the test.
post #13 of 13 Old Jan 16th, 2009, 7:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMark

Buy whatever you want... I'll support the vendors thank-you...
Thank you, I will and I did. I looked at 12 volt clothing because they are a vendor. I believe that any vendor who supports forums such as these wants to know that they get a shot at our business. I gave them full consideration, but made a different decision on my purchase.

Tourmaster Synergy gear is a complete product, not one sold in pieces. With 12-volt, you have to buy the jacket, then add a troller or two, then add a plug. With Tourmaster, everything comes in the package. If 12-volt put together a package and priced it competitively, they would have had another customer.

I thank the vendors for sponsoring this site and that does get my attention. I have purchased a lot of things from vendors on this site. However, I will not blindly throw my money towards a vendor simply because of a sponsorship. Once they have my attention (what the vendor sponsorship buys), then they have to earn the business.

12-volt looks like good gear and I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. This thread was about Tourmaster Synergy and that is why I responded. If we create an environment where we frown upon those who speak well of gear that is from a non-vendor, then we are doing a disservice to the community.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in