I'm finally in a full-face helmet, and don't mind - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Nov 7th, 2008, 1:43 pm Thread Starter

I'm finally in a full-face helmet, and don't mind

My wife has been sort of banned from riding with me. On our trip to Flagstaff way back, a "shakedown ride" of sorts, the wind noise coming into her helmet mic made hearing the radio through the headset and talking to each other almost impossible. We've been meaning to get her a new helmet ever since, but haven't done it.

Recently, we stopped by cycle gear. The plan was to get her a flip-up, but she found it too heavy, and quite a bit more expensive. She tried on a full-face version of the same style and fit of helmet from the same manufacturer, and was happier with the weight and price (about 1/2 on both).

I was perfectly happy with my 3/4 helmet. I love the openness and wide peripheral vision. But, she really wanted me to try a full-face, so I got a matching helmet, and said I'd try it for a couple days (cycle gear will let you return it in a few days). I moved the speakers and mic into the new helmet and took it for a ride. I was surprised that I found it comfortable enough. Something pushing on my cheeks wasn't as bothersome as I thought it would be. The headset and mic worked better, of course, and there's the added benefit of better protection. It's also become clear to me that my 3/4 helmet is too lose, after getting some help with the fit for the full-face.

So, I'll keep it. With our new cycleport suits, the wife and I have all the protective gear we need for long trips, at least until we take the next long trip and discover otherwise. Alas, rumor has it the Colorado mountains are becoming impassable.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in