Nolan 102C vs GMAX GM44 helmet tests - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Oct 30th, 2008, 6:54 pm Thread Starter

Nolan 102C vs GMAX GM44 helmet tests

As previously mentioned, we bought 3 Nolan 102's. Not much room for anything other than your head if it fits right, and too tight for a balaclava for the colder temps.

I ordered a GMAX 44 and took that out this evening for a test. It was about 45 or so, with the wind chill.......not sure. Only part of me that was cold was a very small part of my face and eyes when I needed the visor to be open.

Great looking helmet, a few features I wish Nolan would have used. Noise in the ears was about 3'x that of the Nolan. More visibility, harder to see in direct sun, both using a smoked visor and sunglasses. Did not have that problem with the Nolan.

Liked the Nolan chin strap much better, has a much stronger modular locking system.

GMAX has better ventilation, but the visor fogged up quickly. The visor swap is FAST, and it has better detent adjustment! Comes with the helmet cover and a smoked visor in a soft cover. Nicely put together!

Nolan has the anti fog inner visor, which evidently works.
Can't beat the GMAX at $125 for he money, but I m going to have to opt for either a XXL Nolan or something else. Hate to not use a modular after being spoiled with the Nolan as my first, back into biking, helmet I bought.

The video link offered the other day had me thinking of looking into the $450 Arai. Maybe next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in