Safepacker mod pic - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Oct 21st, 2008, 9:11 pm Thread Starter

Safepacker mod pic

This is Safepacker holster/carry-all.

I modified the top flap for a better fit, added a custom shoulder strap, and this works great. Carries a 5" SA, plus accessories. They do have other sizes as well.

Purchased from:
http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=51

Now that I have the hang of inserting a pic, just could not settle in with my night cap without posting one more pic:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 4:58 am

Re: Safepacker mod pic

What peeks my interest from their site is the carry position via seatbelt. Have you used it in a cage yet? It looks like you may have to remove it from the seatbelt when exiting, true? What a cool way to carry when driving!

The clip to use the flap may be a hindrance in a panic situation. Some grip and rip may be better, eh? Is it hot to wear when riding?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 10:14 am Thread Starter

I just got this a couple of days ago and only walked the neighborhood with the dog so far. Had to mod the flap before I felt good about using it.

With an all steel 5", two mags of .45, that is a lot of weight. The shoulder strap is outstanding for normal use. I would have no concerns walking with this in any store or around town.

I would add a belt when riding. This is more accessible than any other method I had tried, which has been just about all of them except an ankle holster.

The draw is extremely fast! You have to try it to appreciate it. More so than a shoulder or IWB holster....really.

Worn under a light windbreaker or shirt, the pack resting at 4-5 position, it is barely noticeable, lightening quick, and the best system I have seen for in & out of the car use.

post #4 of 15 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 11:23 am

"You can attach the optional shoulder strap to the built-in Delrinģ D-rings for a bedside security package of gun and ammo that you can throw on over your pajamas."

Real men don't wear no steenking pajamas, they only sleep Commando!

Seriously, this looks very well thought out - way ahead of the typical faggy "hip packs". Very stealthy and rugged.

I'm going to start carrying again after a 10 year hiatus.

I think my Kahr may have found a new home, but I'll leave the extra clips at home, for me it gets really old lugging around a lot of extra lead. With all the weird shit going on around Tucson lately (an ex-marine just shot and killed two home intruders, two more bad guys were arrested after breaking into 40 homes, aggressive panhandlers back in force on ALL street corners even though it is illegal, narco shootouts at a shopping center in Nogales Mexico, 90 miles away...)

Thanks for the show and tell.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 15 Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 12:08 pm

Mighty proud of them aren't they?

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #6 of 15 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:11 am Thread Starter

Just discussed two road rage incidents locally while at the restaurant last night. One, a guy and a woman involved. Eventually, the woman pulls over, the guy comes back to the car and punches her in the face. She pulled her gun and shot him. I have no idea of the outcome, did not see the article which might be located in MCALL.com newspaper for Allentown, Pa.

Another, same type of incident. Man aggressively comes up to window of other car, man pulls .45, end of story. No one hurt.

No protection on a bike. You either have something, or you don't. I have had one issue with a nut case in my van, which was too close. Quite a few guys have been glued to the LT with the pillion on board at high speed for no reason. I am in too much pain just trying to move in bed, I sure as hell am not going to attempt to fight anyone that creates a problem like that. That's what I have a permit for.

Just another precaution of being prepared. This is nice because you can wear the shoulder strap under your jacket, keep it belted, walk into a store or restaurant, and no one will care or even notice.
post #7 of 15 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 1:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yechave
Just discussed two road rage incidents locally while at the restaurant last night. One, a guy and a woman involved. Eventually, the woman pulls over, the guy comes back to the car and punches her in the face. She pulled her gun and shot him. I have no idea of the outcome, did not see the article which might be located in MCALL.com newspaper for Allentown, Pa.

Another, same type of incident. Man aggressively comes up to window of other car, man pulls .45, end of story. No one hurt.

No protection on a bike. You either have something, or you don't. I have had one issue with a nut case in my van, which was too close. Quite a few guys have been glued to the LT with the pillion on board at high speed for no reason. I am in too much pain just trying to move in bed, I sure as hell am not going to attempt to fight anyone that creates a problem like that. That's what I have a permit for.

Just another precaution of being prepared. This is nice because you can wear the shoulder strap under your jacket, keep it belted, walk into a store or restaurant, and no one will care or even notice.
Oh man, I hear ya - but after looking at the price I think I'll just carry exposed in my Uncle Mike's - which is actually pretty comfortable since it rides high on my belt. Saves me from a day long class for the concealed carry permit too. Funny thing is here in AZ most folks don't give you a second look if you are carrying. You may get some objections in businesses but I tell them that my rights supersede their sensitivity - and that if they don't like it I'll go somewhere else. And I do.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #8 of 15 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 3:55 pm Thread Starter

I've had a permit since 79. I find it unbelievable there are no requirements, no carry manual, no instructions, nothing. You pay the $25, you need two signatures from friends saying your "ok", they do a background check and that's it.

It is so messed up, no one seems to really know what the laws are, where you can or can not carry and how (at least in every county I have had one).

When I was 21 and just got out of the military, the City of Bethlehem's COP revoked my carry permit after a meeting with him, stating no one but police could carry (via his discretion), so I went back to the Sheriff and he reinstated it the next day.

Used to be you could not carry in Philly or Pittsburg. Now, I am told you can carry anywhere but the airport, courthouse, federal buildings and any others with a no carry placard. Again, nothing in writing, and you are on your own. Considering the consequences of it all, you would think this would be better handled for many reasons, instead of being just another means of revenue for the State.
post #9 of 15 Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 6:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Oh man, I hear ya - but after looking at the price I think I'll just carry exposed in my Uncle Mike's -
You, obviously, have never purchased a custom made Mitch Rosen holster.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #10 of 15 Old Oct 24th, 2008, 6:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots

I checked out the Mitch Rosen site, beautiful work, but major sticker shock.

I know, you get what you pay for.

Bob Brendel
05 LT, Light Metallic Yellow
99 LT, Totaled 3/09
97 HD Former Work Bike
88 GL1500
84 GL1200
S3 400 Kaw, too long ago to remember the year
175 Yamaha even longer

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night

Only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

George Orwell
post #11 of 15 Old Oct 24th, 2008, 10:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I have lusted in my heart , and left puddles of drool and tears on the keyboard after looking at his work. I am a sinner. Please forgive me.

I would like this between the waistband and belt holster real bad for Christmas if you're in the giving mode. I would prefer it in all matte black cowhide, no bling. $215.00 plus shipping.

What the well dressed man is wearing for the new millennium.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mitch 2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	20268  

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:02 am.
post #12 of 15 Old Oct 24th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
I have lusted in my heart , and left puddles of drool and tears on the keyboard after looking at his work. I am a sinner. Please forgive me.

I would like this between the waistband and belt holster real bad for Christmas if you're in the giving mode. I would prefer it in all matte black cowhide, no bling. $215.00 plus shipping.

What the well dressed man is wearing for the new millennium.
Let me tell you what true heart break is: I had a Mitch Rosen made for a pistol, fell in lust with another and then turned my first love with the custom holster going for pennies on the dollar. That my friend, is heart break of a fickle beyotch.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 15 Old Oct 24th, 2008, 12:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab1967
I checked out the Mitch Rosen site, beautiful work, but major sticker shock.

I know, you get what you pay for.
And the sad thang is you can't use it for on duty.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #14 of 15 Old Oct 24th, 2008, 2:01 pm

YECHAVE-There's a website www.handgunlaw.us that does a pretty good job of explaining each of the states carry laws both open and concealed. It also gives the reciprocity from one state to another. Just an FYI
post #15 of 15 Old Oct 24th, 2008, 4:27 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the link.

I read the USCCA site as well. My problem has been, the IWB does not fit in my MC riding pants, and the holster would be hitting the back of the seat.

The shoulder holster is great if I am riding alone or not planning on going into a restaurant, but is not as easy to access as the Safepacker. The Safepacker is good to go anywhere the law allows, and few would give it a second look.

I don't normally wear any belt that would hold a 5" steel .45 to begin with, and I don't wear jeans when riding.

This was something that just came up in the USCCA discussion a few weeks ago. I thought I might as well look and make a decision now while I can return any of the other products I got to look at, and it really is a nice set up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in