Scheuberth C2 Concept Helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old May 12th, 2008, 1:54 pm Thread Starter

Scheuberth C2 Concept Helmet

I lost one of the fasteners that attaches the face shield to the helmet. Called Fairchild Sports and they no longer are the USA distributer. Any ideas on who to contact to order a replacement part?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old May 12th, 2008, 1:58 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: Scheuberth C2 Concept Helmet

I've heard that BMW of Santa Cruz is working on becoming the US distributor for Schuberth. You might contact them directly. If not, then I think you have to find a Canadian, British, or German Schuberth dealer and do an international order.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 10 Old May 12th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Unhappy Re: Scheuberth C2 Concept Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGFOTOG
I lost one of the fasteners that attaches the face shield to the helmet. Called Fairchild Sports and they no longer are the USA distributer. Any ideas on who to contact to order a replacement part?
Sorry to bear bad news. I picked up a new visor recently and was told by my dealer that Schuberth did not want to put up with our ridicilous liability exposure and would no longer make helmets or parts available in the United States. I bought both of the visors they had in stock. If Santa Cruz finds a way around this or it is simply untrue, I'd love to know that as would thousands of others who love their Shcuberth Concept 2 helmets. Craze country. You can import any cheap piece of crap but one of the safest helmts out there goes away due to our legal system. Moot

post #4 of 10 Old May 12th, 2008, 6:29 pm
Ted

Quote:
Email Schuberth directly in Germany, describe your problem & attach pics if necessary.

I recently had problems with my left temple piece on my S1. I searched the web and saw Santa Cruz BMW was becoming a distributor so I called them. Apparently, negotiations have broken down, so as of right now they only carry face-shields. The person I spoke to in Parts suggested that I contact Schuberth directly.

It took a few days, but they did respond and are replacing the part free and shipping via UPS. I originally emailed them April 30, and they sent notification of shipping on May 6. And, as I was typing this the doorbell rang - UPS just delivered the part!

12 days including shipping from Germany - pretty amazing customer service I'd say!! They now have me as a customer for life!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #5 of 10 Old May 13th, 2008, 10:52 am

Mike,

I have a spare schuberth that I trashed when I installed and un-installed mike and
speakers. If you can somehow attach a picture of what you need, I will see if I have the piece you need, and send to you for....FREE

Ed

Ed Bruce
post #6 of 10 Old May 13th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Oy veh. I heard all the tales about Schuberth looking for a new US distributor when I was trying to replace the face shield on my C1 (same shield as C2).

If anyone remembers, the original Concept was met with much enthusiasm because BMW had decided not to import its modular helmets (which were made by Schuberth, I believe) due to the same product liability concerns. Now, whether the Concept was equal to the BMW System helmets is a matter of some debate.

Since the Concept came along, several other modulars hit the US market, including the Nolan, the redesigned Shoei and many others. Given Schuberth's inability to support its US customers, I doubt I'd buy another. I do like the integrated sun visor, though.

Run a Google search and contact the (former) US dealers. Maybe someone has some spare parts in a discount bin somewhere.
post #7 of 10 Old May 13th, 2008, 7:50 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

I just ordered a couple of C1/C2 visors from Santa Cruz BMW online. Figured I'd better have a spare.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 10 Old May 14th, 2008, 8:03 am

There is a UK company (www.helmetcity.co.uk) that carry spares for Schuberth. The side pods to attach the visor are GBP 10.00 per pair. Email address is [email protected] and if they will not ship to the US let me know and we can work something out.

Regards

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #9 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 12:31 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Made e-mail contact w/ Schuberth in Germany and they're going to send me the part.
post #10 of 10 Old May 28th, 2008, 5:53 pm

I just returned from a 1800 mile trip to the Grand Canyon. On the first day, I lost one of the attachment wheels. I was able to hold the shield on until I could get stopped and make a "200 mph tape" repair. The problem with that repair was the shield was now fixed and could not be raised or lowered. That evening when we stopped, I bought a bottle of rubbing alcohol to clean the parts thoroughly and some lengths of industrial strength adhesive lock and loop (Velcro). I cut circles of both sides of the lock and loop that were the same size as the "turntable" that is attached to the helmet and rotates to raise the shield. I adhered one side of the tape to the turntable and the other to the shield. With this repair the shield rotates up and down as intended. It lasted the remainder of the trip including through rain, snow and high winds and looks like it would last forever. I did, this morning, however, order two sets of repair kits that include the attachment wheels from [B]Derby Cycles. http://www.derbycycles.com/ I have an order confirmation stating they have been shipped by fed ex. I now, however, have a new touring tip. I will always carry rubbing alcohol to clean parts so the adhesive will stick for the industrial strength lock and loop tape I will also carry. It worked much better for this repair than did the duct tape.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in