help contacting Chicane guys - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 9:42 am Thread Starter

help contacting Chicane guys

I am trying to contact the Chicane guys. No luck so far. Anybody have a way to get to them?

Tom Volk
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:19 am
Gold Supporter

Re: help contacting Chicane guys

They have taken down their web site and haven't been returning anyone's calls (that I am aware of), they are not listed as a vendor for CCR this year, so I am guessing they have gone away...but that is just a guess.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:33 am Thread Starter

I am asking because I am interested in buying any inventory and/or tooling. The products are good (I use two of their bags on my LT).

We bought the web site www.chicaneusa.com and it now goes directly to www.racerpartswholesale.com -- Motorcycle Division. Unfortunately, we have no help available for Chicane products.

We recently bought the Helen Twowheels product line and are manufacturing those products in Michigan. I believe that the Chicane products would be a good addition to our product line.

So--I am looking for any help possible to get in contact with Randy. We have left several voice messages.

Thanks.

Tom Volk
President
Racer Parts Wholesale

post #4 of 17 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:37 am
Just ridin'

They are MIA for now. The last time I saw Randy was at his house last fall. They have not responded to any form of contact from individuals or dealers since then. I haven't run up to his house to check yet, but plan to.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #5 of 17 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:52 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

I wish you luck but it will not help. Search the threads have not heard anything good regarding them for the time I have been a member.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC

Last edited by gglove; Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:57 am.
post #6 of 17 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk
I am asking because I am interested in buying any inventory and/or tooling. The products are good (I use two of their bags on my LT).

Thanks.

Tom Volk
President
Racer Parts Wholesale
At CCR last year I believe that they said that their bags were produced for them in Viet Nam. They do make/made nice bags....I have 3 of them. Too bad that it is not working out for them.

kk610lt
2007 K 1200 LT
2004 R 1150 GS Adventure
2002 K 1200 LT (totaled by a SUV 10-7-08)
1988 Concours
Why do bullets bounce off of Superman, but he ducks when you throw a gun at him?
post #7 of 17 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 6:43 am

Quote:

We bought the web site www.chicaneusa.com and it now goes directly to www.racerpartswholesale.com -- Motorcycle Division. Unfortunately, we have no help available for Chicane products.

We recently bought the Helen Twowheels product line and are manufacturing those products in Michigan. I believe that the Chicane products would be a good addition to our product line.

So--I am looking for any help possible to get in contact with Randy. We have left several voice messages.

Thanks.

Tom Volk
President
Racer Parts Wholesale

I'm curious, why would you buy their website if you did not negotiate their product line first?
post #8 of 17 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 8:48 am
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick
I'm curious, why would you buy their website if you did not negotiate their product line first?
Probably because Chicane let their registration lapse and the domain was wide open and available to anybody who backordered it with the registrar. If RPW was trying to get their line and the domain was unprotected, it would be foolish not to protect the domain.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #9 of 17 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:43 am

No more Randy and Lou? That's very sad... I know they had a pretty tough year last year personally. If you're out there, Klamm brothers, our thoughts and prayers are with you!

We have quite a few of their bags and believe them to be as good as you can find anywhere. Chicane will be missed.

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #10 of 17 Old May 6th, 2008, 10:05 am
Lifetime Supporter

Cool Re: help contacting Chicane guys

If you do get to take over the products, make sure you use good straps for the tank bag. Those useless ones they had failed in the first year and I had an upholsterer put good straps on.
Sorry, but with the lack of service I got from them, good riddance from the business world.

Benton Blalock
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

'18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure SportDCT
'12 Kawi KLR 650 "Dirty" - traded in
'08 LT Black "Fireball" 113,000+ miles(RIP- transmission - may be seen on the road again)
'05 LT Yeller er Gold? "Ophelia"(RIP- fire) 80,000 miles
'04 R12CLC (RIP- hurricane) 36,000 miles
230,000+ BMW miles
'Rounder'
post #11 of 17 Old May 7th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblalock
If you do get to take over the products, make sure you use good straps for the tank bag. Those useless ones they had failed in the first year and I had an upholsterer put good straps on.
Sorry, but with the lack of service I got from them, good riddance from the business world.
I have had at least 5 bags of theirs with absolutely no problems. One of the bags is on it's third bike... about 70k miles total. Too bad you had a negative experience - we've always found them to be great to work with and very reputable. "Good riddance" is a bit harsh, don't you think?

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #12 of 17 Old May 7th, 2008, 3:31 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauer608
I have had at least 5 bags of theirs with absolutely no problems. One of the bags is on it's third bike... about 70k miles total. Too bad you had a negative experience - we've always found them to be great to work with and very reputable. "Good riddance" is a bit harsh, don't you think?
I'm right there with you, Deb. We have Chicane bags on all of our bikes and have been using them exclusively since their introduction. Not one problem.

Something has happened since I was up at Randy's house last fall. He was preparing to make another trip overseas and I have not heard from him since.

I sincerely hope that nothing bad has happened. As you said, it was a tough year for the family last year and they were hoping things would be much better going into 2008.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #13 of 17 Old May 7th, 2008, 3:37 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauer608
Deb,

You're right on. The only issue with a Chicane bag I had was a bad loop on the front of the LT bag that goes around the latch. When I called Chicane about it, they sent a new bag to me, no questions asked, and they didn't even need for me to send the old one back. Great product, great people.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #14 of 17 Old May 7th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Quote:

Thanks.

Tom Volk
President
Racer Parts Wholesale
It would be GREAT to see the Chicane bags made HERE IN THE USA! Maybe they can hire Vietnamese people to make them!

Vietnam?

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #15 of 17 Old May 7th, 2008, 5:27 pm
Mister Moto

Rumor has it (from a Chicane vendor) that he is missing and hasn't been heard from since he left the country. I'm hoping that's not actually true.

>K-daug

aka: studio4design
'06 LT "Shamu"

post #16 of 17 Old May 7th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
It would be GREAT to see the Chicane bags made HERE IN THE USA! Maybe they can hire Vietnamese people to make them!

Vietnam?
It can be done. Roadgear makes all of their luggage here in the USA. tank bags included.
post #17 of 17 Old May 8th, 2008, 3:01 pm

I've been looking for a modest-sized tank bag for the GT - the BMW bag was too big and got not-so-favorable reviews on this forum. So .....

Just bought a NOS Chicane Baha EX bag from Touring Sport BMW. I'd been looking for a Canyon EX, but couldn't find it. Joey, parts guy @ TS, found the Baha EX in some deep, dark corner of TS and said, "Why isn't this on display in the showroom"? And there I wuz!

I like it. Too bad Chicane seems to have gone belly-up.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in