Bought a new pair of City Pants (Blue Jean style) today - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 8:27 pm Thread Starter

Bought a new pair of City Pants (Blue Jean style) today

I stopped by my San Diego BMW dealer (where I bought my LT) today after a scheduled hospital appointment to pick up a brake extension for my LT. I was caleld about it yesterday. I had mentioned it to the dealer, but didn't think I had ordered it. When I arrived, I found out I didn't. It was for a GS and they just had a little mixup. But while I was there, I asked about the city pants in jean style to see what people thought of them. They were just put on the shelf yesterday, so I was the first to inquire.

I tried out the L size (I'm a 38 waist) and they fit just like my 38 Levis. A bit snug, but comfortable. After trying them on I decided to wait a bit longer for some CyclePort Air Mesh Blue Jeans as they are not much more expensive and offer more protection. Plus they should be more comfortable in warm weather.

I was discussing this with my mother (she's here to help me out by driving since my kidney transplant three weeks ago) and was explaing why I wanted to buy some pants with some hip, thigh, knee protection. Afterall I want to help protect my new kidney if I go down on the motorcycle. As I explained my delimia of cost vs. wait time (4 weeks or more for the CyclePort jeans, but great warrenty, great protection, and what I really want) she offered to buy me a pair of City Jeans while I wait for the CyclePort jeans. How could I say no to such a generous offer.

So I stopped by the Escondido BMW dealer on the way home. Didn't see any on the shel, but asked about them. I gave my waist size and he pulled a pair of XL out the back. These fit better than the L around the waist, so I decided to buy the XL instead of the L. A trial fit showed that both put the knee guards in the same position when riding. And the lenght for either was a good fit for a 31 ~ 32 onch inseame. Kind of surprised me.

I have them washing now. They are like new jeans and will fade with time. Which also means they will bleed all over the place and on you too until the excess dye is removed. I will give them three washings before I dry them and try them later this week. I was told I could drive my car as of today, but forgot to ask abot my motorcycle. So I will call Monday to clarify that, then when I can on will go the jeans and a trial run will ensue. Can't be too soon for me. I've been farkling my RT like crazy while I waited for my restrictions to be remvoed. This weekend it's time for a valve adjustment and throttle body sync. Then the last of the plastic goes on and it will be good to ride.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT (sold - sigh)
1996 Sinus (aka Cirrus) Blue Metallic R1100RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in