Shoei Multitec - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 7:12 pm Thread Starter

Shoei Multitec

Anybody out there use the Shoei Multitec helmet? What do you think? Does it have space for speakers in the Helmet for Intercom purposes?

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 7:35 pm
Gold Supporter

Re: Shoei Multitec

I love mine and it has a pocket in the pading right beside the ears made just for a speaker. I have the J&M in mine so you know there is lots of room. Fantastic helmet!!!

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #3 of 17 Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

I have two so I guess that's a +2.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #4 of 17 Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 7:54 pm

Went from a HJC flip (which I liked very much) to the Mulitec which I love. Autocom speakers fit fine and I was able to mount the Autocom mike into the recess in the chin bar and route the wire through the chin bar to the hinge area and into the helmet. Works great. -Chuck-

'05 K1200LT
'92 FXSTC
'66 HD Sprint
IBA #375

"Eat, Drink and be Merry for tomorrow we Ride"
post #5 of 17 Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:31 pm

I have 2 as well...love em. plenty of room for speakers...and oh, so comfortable.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #6 of 17 Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 9:23 am

the best that we(Wife) and i have found so far.

Mike
73's ka0mlh

post #7 of 17 Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 2:20 pm

I'm about ready to pop for one. Wife got one about 6 months ago, around 400 bucks from helmetharbor. She loves that thing, fits her much better than the quantum she was wearing.

Prices look like they've gone up a bit. Dealer has them here in socal for 480 bucks.

where's the best place to get one? for a $40 diff, I'm tempted to pay the dealer for one off the shelf....thanks.
post #8 of 17 Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 4:30 pm

try this placehere
here

Mike
73's ka0mlh

post #9 of 17 Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 4:40 pm

thanks...I checked them out, then remembered about newenuff...

bought one there, about the same price, free 1-day shipping on the color/size i got, pure luck there...

I can't believe I'm buying one of these things, I really like my Aria SM-Z's (flip up shield, open face) but...I can still drink coffee on the fly with this new helmet so it has at least one good attribute!!

by the way, I did try one on in person, I wear a lg in Aria, but this multitec was way too big in L, I got the medium.
post #10 of 17 Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 5:57 pm

Check out this site:

www.parts411.com

Follow their instructions to get the real price. I just checked and a Shoei Multitec is $362.00. I bought one late last summer and their service is great and you can't beat the price. I really like the multitec...probably the best helmet I've ever owned.

Bruce Hodges
post #11 of 17 Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 7:36 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. i love my syncrotec but you can not put the speakers in it without butchering the inside. I bought a HJC flip front but hate it. Loud and not very comfortable. I am buying through Helmet house. Using my MSF Discount. Save like a hundred bucks or so.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #12 of 17 Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:38 pm

+1 on the Multitec. Autocom speakers and mic fit right in. Very quiet helmet, and comfortable.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #13 of 17 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 4:55 am

I had no problems with installing the speakers, in fact they were quite easy given other helmets I have owned. The mic was/is another matter. I am still lost in making that work properly. I have the mike fixed in place but the flex and bare wire is another matter operating in a closed position and full open position. That piece I still struggle with.
post #14 of 17 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 6:56 am

Re: Shoei Multitec order

I am shooting blanks trying to order a Shoei Multitec from Parts 411. I think I followed the instructions herein but I haven't been able to get the $338. price to come up on the order page. Must I call for a coupon code or is the 30mn51 code correct? TIA for advice.

I suppose IO could wait 'till Tuesday and call the company...
Best,
Ben
post #15 of 17 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 9:15 am

Re: Shoei Multitec-- best current price

did a thorough search online for the best price on the Multitec and found, ultimately ordered and received two, priced at $389.95 each! Ordering two also got me free shipping...

***Price shown above was for any color other than black or white- if you like/want white or black the price is $379.95!

Go to: http://www.motodepot.com/product_list.php?cid=1418

(Copy and pasted) DISCOUNT CODE: To get our best price on all our Shoei
products, put your item(s) in the shopping cart, enter
MotoDepot in the Apply Code box, and hit Apply Code.

(I have no connection to this vendor)

Joe Dumas (Basic Member)
-from the shores of Lake Michigan
BMW MOA# -expired

2011 Triumph Speed Triple
2008 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Sold)
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1999 Triumph Adventurer
1978 Yamaha XS650E

Last edited by jdumas54; Mar 30th, 2008 at 9:30 am.
post #16 of 17 Old Mar 31st, 2008, 5:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
I am shooting blanks trying to order a Shoei Multitec from Parts 411. I think I followed the instructions herein but I haven't been able to get the $338. price to come up on the order page. Must I call for a coupon code or is the 30mn51 code correct? TIA for advice.

I suppose IO could wait 'till Tuesday and call the company...
Best,
Ben
I called www.parts411 today (Monday) for the coupon code. The sales person was extremely courteous and took my order by telephone at $352 delivered to Texas for a solid color Shoei Multitec. No hassles whatever. He said the helmet would likely be shipped today from Tennessee.

Thanks to those of you who alerted me to this company.

Ben
post #17 of 17 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 4:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
I called www.parts411 today (Monday) for the coupon code. The sales person was extremely courteous and took my order by telephone at $352 delivered to Texas for a solid color Shoei Multitec. No hassles whatever. He said the helmet would likely be shipped today from Tennessee.

Thanks to those of you who alerted me to this company.

Ben
Follow-up. Helmet was ordered Monday PM and delivered Wednesday PM, almost exactly 48 hours later. Of course it came from TN to TX. No hassle, pleasant representative, price as agreed and shipping was included.
Ben

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in