BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Shoei Multitec

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ben1364 
#1 ·
Anybody out there use the Shoei Multitec helmet? What do you think? Does it have space for speakers in the Helmet for Intercom purposes?

#2 ·
I love mine and it has a pocket in the pading right beside the ears made just for a speaker. I have the J&M in mine so you know there is lots of room. Fantastic helmet!!!

#3 ·
I have two so I guess that's a +2. :)

#4 ·
Went from a HJC flip (which I liked very much) to the Mulitec which I love. Autocom speakers fit fine and I was able to mount the Autocom mike into the recess in the chin bar and route the wire through the chin bar to the hinge area and into the helmet. Works great. -Chuck-

#7 ·
I'm about ready to pop for one. Wife got one about 6 months ago, around 400 bucks from helmetharbor. She loves that thing, fits her much better than the quantum she was wearing.

Prices look like they've gone up a bit. Dealer has them here in socal for 480 bucks.

where's the best place to get one? for a $40 diff, I'm tempted to pay the dealer for one off the shelf....thanks.

#9 ·
thanks...I checked them out, then remembered about newenuff...

bought one there, about the same price, free 1-day shipping on the color/size i got, pure luck there...

I can't believe I'm buying one of these things, I really like my Aria SM-Z's (flip up shield, open face) but...I can still drink coffee on the fly with this new helmet so it has at least one good attribute!! :rolleyes:

by the way, I did try one on in person, I wear a lg in Aria, but this multitec was way too big in L, I got the medium.

#11 ·
Thanks for the feedback. i love my syncrotec but you can not put the speakers in it without butchering the inside. I bought a HJC flip front but hate it. Loud and not very comfortable. I am buying through Helmet house. Using my MSF Discount. Save like a hundred bucks or so.

#12 ·
+1 on the Multitec. Autocom speakers and mic fit right in. Very quiet helmet, and comfortable.

#13 ·
I had no problems with installing the speakers, in fact they were quite easy given other helmets I have owned. The mic was/is another matter. I am still lost in making that work properly. I have the mike fixed in place but the flex and bare wire is another matter operating in a closed position and full open position. That piece I still struggle with.

#14 ·
Re: Shoei Multitec order

I am shooting blanks trying to order a Shoei Multitec from Parts 411. I think I followed the instructions herein but I haven't been able to get the $338. price to come up on the order page. Must I call for a coupon code or is the 30mn51 code correct? TIA for advice.

I suppose IO could wait 'till Tuesday and call the company...
Best,
Ben

#15 · (Edited)
Re: Shoei Multitec-- best current price

did a thorough search online for the best price on the Multitec and found, ultimately ordered and received two, priced at $389.95 each! Ordering two also got me free shipping...

***Price shown above was for any color other than black or white- if you like/want white or black the price is $379.95!

Go to: http://www.motodepot.com/product_list.php?cid=1418

(Copy and pasted) DISCOUNT CODE: To get our best price on all our Shoei
products, put your item(s) in the shopping cart, enter
MotoDepot in the Apply Code box, and hit Apply Code.

(I have no connection to this vendor)

#16 ·

ben1364 said:
I am shooting blanks trying to order a Shoei Multitec from Parts 411. I think I followed the instructions herein but I haven't been able to get the $338. price to come up on the order page. Must I call for a coupon code or is the 30mn51 code correct? TIA for advice.

I suppose IO could wait 'till Tuesday and call the company...
Best,
Ben
I called www.parts411 today (Monday) for the coupon code. The sales person was extremely courteous and took my order by telephone at $352 delivered to Texas for a solid color Shoei Multitec. No hassles whatever. He said the helmet would likely be shipped today from Tennessee.

Thanks to those of you who alerted me to this company.

Ben

#17 ·

ben1364 said:
I called www.parts411 today (Monday) for the coupon code. The sales person was extremely courteous and took my order by telephone at $352 delivered to Texas for a solid color Shoei Multitec. No hassles whatever. He said the helmet would likely be shipped today from Tennessee.

Thanks to those of you who alerted me to this company.

Ben
Follow-up. Helmet was ordered Monday PM and delivered Wednesday PM, almost exactly 48 hours later. Of course it came from TN to TX. No hassle, pleasant representative, price as agreed and shipping was included.
Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.