Assistance Needed on Storage Bags - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 9:56 am Thread Starter

Assistance Needed on Storage Bags

What do you suggest is the best storage bag you have used for mounting on the top case. Needs to be water proof and big. I have an expandable Cee Bailey, but it is not big enough for two up travel.

Ultra LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLT
What do you suggest is the best storage bag you have used for mounting on the top case. Needs to be water proof and big. I have an expandable Cee Bailey, but it is not big enough for two up travel.

Ultra LT
In addition to the thread on this topic that is currently running, every time I talk to an owner of one of these, I always hear great raves. I bought a Beemer Bag top case rack bag and like it, butt it's not waterproof like Kathy's Bag. Check it out.
post #3 of 10 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:47 am

I gots me one of them and I likes it.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

post #4 of 10 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Thumbs up Kathy's Bag

I also have one of Kathy's bags for the top rack that we have used over the past 2 years with very good results. Was tested in heavy rain on a trip to Florida last summer and everything remained completly dry. I figure that with the high center of gravity on the LT I would not want to go much bigger than this size.

Sit back and take in each ride like you did the first one!
R Graven
2001 K1200LT

post #5 of 10 Old Feb 7th, 2008, 1:49 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I use a medium size 'clothes sack' from Helen2Wheels. http://www.helen2wheels.com/products/index.html Fits the footprint of the stock top rack and straps to the rack with Helen's unbeatable straps. Waterproof and they have a couple of handles for easy totin' off the bike. I especially like that it opens wide sideways and allow quick and easy access if you need something in a hurry.

Motor On ,/'

post #6 of 10 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 8:31 am

+1 for what Dick said. We have one and it is easy on easy off and works really well. I cannot attest to it being water proof, we've been lucky so far.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #7 of 10 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 11:24 am
Gold Supporter

I have the Chicane Trunk Rack bag and it is fantastic. Comes with a hidden rain cover and mounts better than any I have seen, plus they even have a small cooler that fits in half of it. Don't go too big, because the weight limit on that rack isn't much and total weight on the trunk itself is only like 25# (and I am sure NONE of us have EVER exceeded that ).

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #8 of 10 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 10:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
I have the Chicane Trunk Rack bag and it is fantastic. Comes with a hidden rain cover and mounts better than any I have seen, plus they even have a small cooler that fits in half of it. Don't go too big, because the weight limit on that rack isn't much and total weight on the trunk itself is only like 25# (and I am sure NONE of us have EVER exceeded that ).
I agree with Lonewuff. I have the Chicane "Sierra" top rack bag and am very pleased with it. There is not a picture of the Sierra bag on the Chicane web site but it is similar to the "Dune" that they do picture. The Sierra has a lower profile. Recently there was (maybe still is) what looked to be a Sierra advertised for sale by one of the forum members on the Classified forum at a reasonable price.

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

post #9 of 10 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 9:52 pm Thread Starter

Storage Bags

I know I asked about bags for the top rack, but looking at Helen's products, the storage bags with top zipper. Are they waterproof, does it rub the paint on the side storage covers.

They look real interesting and would keep the weight down lower.

Ultra LT
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2008, 7:37 pm

Talking Re: Assistance Needed on Storage Bags

I use a simple whitewater(kayaking) bag. Waterproof, expandable, easy to use, and cheap!

The ride is the objective, the destination is an excuse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in