Rider Input Wanted - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 7:47 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Rider Input Wanted

Roadgear will be in the process of developing some new apparel shortly. We are always looking for suggestions. So here's your chance. What would you like too see in the next production line of motorcycle apparel?
nplenzick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 8:51 am
Senior Member
 
cfell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX, USA
Posts: 7,794
BOOTS to fit 13EEE (US) with HIGH instep... not these "flat-footed" versions they are all making.

Elastic neck and wrist with velcro to adjust 'snugness' without pinching.

Gloves with varying length fingers (you know, not all have same "proportions".)

Men's overpants, not cut from G-string model patterns... some of us have some meat on us and the fit can be far too ... confining.

More "tall" sizes for us "vertically challenged" 74 inch tall guys.

Velcro between Jacket and top of Riding Pants... to keep things "stuck" when riding. The velcro can be rolled/retracted/tucked when not in use so it doesn't grab other clothing.

Velcro on outside of pant legs and arms so you can take up "slack" material allowing snug fit when layering clothing.

more to follow

...............
J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cfell; Jan 31st, 2008 at 10:12 am.
cfell is offline  
post #3 of 36 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 9:39 am
Senior Member
 
Eric_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washougal, Washington, USA
Posts: 216
Gear that will fit my short , "round" wife. Can't find a thing. She is currently wearing a mens XXL jacket to fit around her and has about 6 inches of extra sleeve length to contend with.
every shop I go in just shakes their head and some counter woman will start complaining about the lack of gear for "real" bodies.

2002 K1200LTC Ocean Blue
Eric_R is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 2:10 pm
Senior Member
 
Lynn_Keen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North East Florida, FL, USA
Posts: 2,234
Full length zippers on the pant legs are a must. However, stop the zipper about 6" or so short of the bottom. Close that last 6" with a Velcro closure so the length can be easily adjusted for us inseam challenged individuals. That way the pants can be hemmed (shortened) without having to mess with the zipper.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lynn_Keen is offline  
post #5 of 36 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 8:07 am
Senior Member
 
ibbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Victoria, TX, USA
Posts: 3,327
Drop the Big AND Tall part and make a Big OR Tall.
Boots size 13 with a B width?
Gloves in a sixe L-XL with a XXXXL length finger
Pants with a 38"inseam?

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
ibbones is offline  
post #6 of 36 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 11:39 am
Senior Member
 
zippy_gg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennesaw, GA, USA
Posts: 8,115
Rain pants that do NOT leak at the crotch...

You get the point...

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)



For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zippy_gg is offline  
post #7 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 6:59 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
BOOTS to fit 13EEE (US) with HIGH instep... not these "flat-footed" versions they are all making.

Elastic neck and wrist with velcro to adjust 'snugness' without pinching.

Gloves with varying length fingers (you know, not all have same "proportions".)

Men's overpants, not cut from G-string model patterns... some of us have some meat on us and the fit can be far too ... confining.

More "tall" sizes for us "vertically challenged" 74 inch tall guys.

Velcro between Jacket and top of Riding Pants... to keep things "stuck" when riding. The velcro can be rolled/retracted/tucked when not in use so it doesn't grab other clothing.

Velcro on outside of pant legs and arms so you can take up "slack" material allowing snug fit when layering clothing.

more to follow
Boot sizes- That's a tough one as the molds for each size are big $$$$ and you really don't sell enough of MC boots to cover costs but I'll pass it on.

Elastic neck and velcro- we have velcro closures on all neck and wrist area's with elastic wrist guards on some jackets like the Xtreme. I really don't think an elastic neck with Velcro is a good idea as I would think that most would feel like your being strangled.

Gloves- All our gloves have variable finger length.

Overpants- All of our pants are exact size, a 36" waist is exactly at 36". Jeans are not as they can be as much as 1" off. A 36" could be a 37".

More tall sizes- Good idea!

Velcro jacket to pants- Another good idea!

Velcro at bottom of pants- already have it on our Tierra Del Fuego Pants

Last edited by nplenzick; Feb 13th, 2008 at 8:16 am.
nplenzick is offline  
post #8 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:13 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_R
Gear that will fit my short , "round" wife. Can't find a thing. She is currently wearing a mens XXL jacket to fit around her and has about 6 inches of extra sleeve length to contend with.
every shop I go in just shakes their head and some counter woman will start complaining about the lack of gear for "real" bodies.
My wife has a similar problem. It's pretty tough making every size for every body type. The bottom line is you just don't sell enough of MC jackets to make it cost effective. It is a legitimate concern, I'll pass it on.
nplenzick is offline  
post #9 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:22 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
Full length zippers on the pant legs are a must. However, stop the zipper about 6" or so short of the bottom. Close that last 6" with a Velcro closure so the length can be easily adjusted for us inseam challenged individuals. That way the pants can be hemmed (shortened) without having to mess with the zipper.
All our overpants have full length zippers with velcro closures at the bottom that are offered in 30", 33", and 36" inseams. I will pass your request on as it's not a bad idea.

Last edited by nplenzick; Feb 13th, 2008 at 8:18 am.
nplenzick is offline  
post #10 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:36 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
Drop the Big AND Tall part and make a Big OR Tall.
Boots size 13 with a B width?
Gloves in a sixe L-XL with a XXXXL length finger
Pants with a 38"inseam?
I think pretty much of what your looking for is custom sizing which is not practical at Roadgears price point. After selling various MC clothing for the past three years I can tell you first hand that it takes 6 times longer to sell a XXXL and a XS then it does all the other sizes. Your requests are vary valid for you, maybe Roadgear might consider a "Custom made Division" at some point. If they do be prepared to pay the $$$$ for it.
nplenzick is offline  
post #11 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:56 am
Senior Member
 
STARFIGHTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR, USA
Posts: 1,561
For pants, look at BMW zipper. That little gusset prevents leaking at the zipper. I also like the velcro on the leg of aerostich and Darien for attaching map case............

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
STARFIGHTER is offline  
post #12 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:00 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Rain pants that do NOT leak at the crotch...

You get the point...
We've sold rainwear for the past three years and and for the past year we've been in development of our own breathable rainwear. It's very challenging to say the least. There are a couple of problems with the crotch area.
Seat style is one, if your seat is shaped in a way to "hold water" ( Goldwings in particular) it makes it particulary tough, we have been working on that problem, short of turning them into flyfishing chest waders.
The second problem is fit. Some people want their rainwear to fit tight, this stretches the seams which can cause leaks. 90% of the rainwear we sold before which people complained about were caused by this.
nplenzick is offline  
post #13 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:11 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARFIGHTER
For pants, look at BMW zipper. That little gusset prevents leaking at the zipper. I also like the velcro on the leg of aerostich and Darien for attaching map case............
All our overpants have an overlay of fabric with Velcro over the entire zipper length. On our Tierra Del Fuego pants (which are very much like the Darien's) have a similar Velcro closer which also has Roadgear reflective Dynatec material.

Last edited by nplenzick; Feb 13th, 2008 at 8:23 am.
nplenzick is offline  
post #14 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:15 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Keep those cards and letters coming!
nplenzick is offline  
post #15 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:43 am
Senior Member
 
ibbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Victoria, TX, USA
Posts: 3,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick
I think pretty much of what your looking for is custom sizing which is not practical at Roadgears price point. After selling various MC clothing for the past three years I can tell you first hand that it takes 6 times longer to sell a XXXL and a XS then it does all the other sizes. Your requests are vary valid for you, maybe Roadgear might consider a "Custom made Division" at some point. If they do be prepared to pay the $$$$ for it.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Just wishful thinking. Sometimes it's tough to be tall and thin. Maybe I should hit the pizza buffet a little harder. Thanks.

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
ibbones is offline  
post #16 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 9:50 am
Senior Member
 
zippy_gg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennesaw, GA, USA
Posts: 8,115
My SO has a hard time finding women's jackets that are actually designed for a woman with shapes that would fit someone tall and thin, with a narrow waist and C cups.
It seems that many manufacturers use a man's design with some modifications and that just does not fit. Tall equates to fat, and thin equates to short... So far the best fit she found is from Olympia. Everything else she tried just didn't work, and we tried very large stores with a variety of brands.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)



For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zippy_gg is offline  
post #17 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 11:03 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
Yeah, yeah, I know. Just wishful thinking. Sometimes it's tough to be tall and thin. Maybe I should hit the pizza buffet a little harder. Thanks.
I wish I had your problem! I'm shrinking in height, what I'm losing there is gaining in my waist!
nplenzick is offline  
post #18 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 11:17 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
My SO has a hard time finding women's jackets that are actually designed for a woman with shapes that would fit someone tall and thin, with a narrow waist and C cups.
It seems that many manufacturers use a man's design with some modifications and that just does not fit. Tall equates to fat, and thin equates to short... So far the best fit she found is from Olympia. Everything else she tried just didn't work, and we tried very large stores with a variety of brands.
Roadgear does offer a small, medium, and large, all in Women sizes in all jackets. It's unlikely she has tried them on unless you have seen Roadgear or myself at a show or rally. You do have a valid point, maybe Roadgear should come out with a womans only line. I'll be passing it on. If you and your SO see us at an event please stop by and try one on, we value your input!
nplenzick is offline  
post #19 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 12:09 pm
Senior Member
 
STARFIGHTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR, USA
Posts: 1,561
Failure to communicate....
prolly my fault.
BMW puts a gusset on the INSIDE of their zipper also. If water gets under the fabric flap and then penetrates the zipper it cannot get to your body because of the simple interior gusset which spans the opening. So when you open the zipper, the pants widen enough to drop 'em and urinate but there is on opening behind the zipper.
The velcro I mentioned is on the left leg for attaching a map case to.....I use it alot. Hope this helps give you more ideas to consider

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
STARFIGHTER is offline  
post #20 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 1:03 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARFIGHTER
Failure to communicate....
prolly my fault.
BMW puts a gusset on the INSIDE of their zipper also. If water gets under the fabric flap and then penetrates the zipper it cannot get to your body because of the simple interior gusset which spans the opening. So when you open the zipper, the pants widen enough to drop 'em and urinate but there is on opening behind the zipper.
The velcro I mentioned is on the left leg for attaching a map case to.....I use it alot. Hope this helps give you more ideas to consider
The front zipper on all our pants have a gusset. Does BMW do that on the side zippers also?

Last edited by nplenzick; Feb 13th, 2008 at 1:08 pm.
nplenzick is offline  
post #21 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 1:42 pm
Senior Member
 
STARFIGHTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR, USA
Posts: 1,561
They do....?
Guess It's time to look @ yours..............I couldn't tell alot about them from the website..........are there dealers ?

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
STARFIGHTER is offline  
post #22 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 2:35 pm
Senior Member
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Snellville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,424
I'm not complaining, but I have the complete Tierra Del Fuego suit, jacket and pants. I've had to ride a couple of days in a light to medium rain and I was soaked top to bottom. I should not have to be told to treat clothing that is supposed to be water proof. JM2CW.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Steve_R is offline  
post #23 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 3:26 pm
Senior Member
 
NOGILLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hammond, LA, USA
Posts: 1,899
One solution I came up with is: I have a pair of waterproof overpants, I ordered bigger so they will fit over jeans, long underwear and such as to layer in cold weather. Well as the waist gets bigger the length gets longer.

I was trying to come up with a solution for the LONG length and had a friend add velcro at the cuff of the pants so I could make the opening smaller so that it will not allow the pants to go below the ankle of my boots. I got the idea from my riding jacket that has velcro around the wrist to keep wind from flowing up the sleeve, and allow gloves to fit over the jacket sleeve.

Took about twenty minutes and some velcro. cost less than $5.00 to do both legs.

NOGILLS2


Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.







To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NOGILLS2 is offline  
post #24 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 4:21 pm
Senior Member
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Old Hangtown, CA, USA
Posts: 2,406
Thumbs up

Never have seen this done commercially, but have done this myself ...

Within each size and style, have a Zip on / Velcro on Sleeve cuff extension or Pant leg extension.

My mid torso fits large, but to get sleeves long enough have to wear XL to XXL.
Same with pants.

** What this does is allow standard fitting specs without having too manufacture or buy Tall sizes. Also allow extensions to be fitted for winter riding when sealing & cold air entry are more an issue.

Scott

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

motorhead is offline  
post #25 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 4:36 pm
Senior Member
 
cfell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX, USA
Posts: 7,794
How about some "electro luminescent" tape along outside of arms, legs and back?

...............
J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cfell is offline  
post #26 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 4:55 pm
Senior Member
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Snellville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
How about some "electro luminescent" tape along outside of arms, legs and back?
It's already there. You just can't tell in the RoadGear catalog pictures. This is the Tierra Del Fuego jacket. I think the Tiera Del Fuego pants could stand a little more.

OBTW, this more reflectivity than some jackets and less than others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	16594   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	16595   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	16596  

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Steve_R is offline  
post #27 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 6:02 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I'm not complaining, but I have the complete Tierra Del Fuego suit, jacket and pants. I've had to ride a couple of days in a light to medium rain and I was soaked top to bottom. I should not have to be told to treat clothing that is supposed to be water proof. JM2CW.
Steve,
I've been ridding with the Tierra Del Fuego suit for almost two years. Outside of water coming up and under my helmut that found its way down my neck in a absolute downpour in Maggie Valley, NC last April I have never had a problem. ALL of Roadgears jackets and pants are guaranteed for two years. Have you contacted Roadgear?
nplenzick is offline  
post #28 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:41 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARFIGHTER
They do....?
Guess It's time to look @ yours..............I couldn't tell alot about them from the website..........are there dealers ?
You'll have to catch Roadgear or myself at a show or rally to try one on. Hey what better reason to take a trip!
nplenzick is offline  
post #29 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:49 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
One solution I came up with is: I have a pair of waterproof overpants, I ordered bigger so they will fit over jeans, long underwear and such as to layer in cold weather. Well as the waist gets bigger the length gets longer.

I was trying to come up with a solution for the LONG length and had a friend add velcro at the cuff of the pants so I could make the opening smaller so that it will not allow the pants to go below the ankle of my boots. I got the idea from my riding jacket that has velcro around the wrist to keep wind from flowing up the sleeve, and allow gloves to fit over the jacket sleeve.

Took about twenty minutes and some velcro. cost less than $5.00 to do both legs.
All of Roadgear's pants have that feature and it's already been designed into our soon to be rainwear .
nplenzick is offline  
post #30 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:52 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Never have seen this done commercially, but have done this myself ...

Within each size and style, have a Zip on / Velcro on Sleeve cuff extension or Pant leg extension.

My mid torso fits large, but to get sleeves long enough have to wear XL to XXL.
Same with pants.

** What this does is allow standard fitting specs without having too manufacture or buy Tall sizes. Also allow extensions to be fitted for winter riding when sealing & cold air entry are more an issue.

Scott
Hmmm, you may have something there!
nplenzick is offline  
post #31 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 7:59 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
It's already there. You just can't tell in the RoadGear catalog pictures. This is the Tierra Del Fuego jacket. I think the Tiera Del Fuego pants could stand a little more.

OBTW, this more reflectivity than some jackets and less than others.
I agree, you can't have enough reflective area's.
nplenzick is offline  
post #32 of 36 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 9:12 pm
Senior Member
 
mwnahas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bedford Hts, OH, USA
Posts: 4,216
How about some light color choices too. Black and dark grey gets too hot in the sun.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
mwnahas is offline  
post #33 of 36 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 5:50 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
How about some light color choices too. Black and dark grey gets too hot in the sun.
Roadgear's Xtreme and more so the Excaliber are offered in Red/black or yellow/black. Our Mesh jackets ( Airtec) are offered in Red/Silver and Black/Silver
The attched photos are of the Excaliber and Airtec
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xcaliber jacket.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	16604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Gear Mesh jacket.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	16605  
nplenzick is offline  
post #34 of 36 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 5:58 am
Senior Member
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Snellville, GA, USA
Posts: 6,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
How about some light color choices too. Black and dark grey gets too hot in the sun.
OBTW, don't let the grey/black fool you. I've worn this in 80 weather with all the vents open, it isn't that hot. But then living in the deep south mesh is always the way to go.

With the quilted liner in and the neck and arms sealed for wind, the jacket is good for 32 degrees F at 75MPH. How do I know this, I just made that ride from Bowling Green, KY to Atlanta, this past Sunday.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Steve_R is offline  
post #35 of 36 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 7:20 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Warrington, Pa., USA
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
OBTW, don't let the grey/black fool you. I've worn this in 80 weather with all the vents open, it isn't that hot. But then living in the deep south mesh is always the way to go.

With the quilted liner in and the neck and arms sealed for wind, the jacket is good for 32 degrees F at 75MPH. How do I know this, I just made that ride from Bowling Green, KY to Atlanta, this past Sunday.
I agree with Steve the low 80's is about as high of a temp as I ride in the TDF jacket. Last year at Bike week I only had my TDF jacket with me, I didn't expect it to get so hot in March at Daytona. I should have had my mesh jacket . I won't make that mistake again this year! The TDF pants however work very well for me in warm weather with just a pair of cargo shorts underneath, however when I ride in very cold weather the Xtreme pants work much better since they are insulated.
nplenzick is offline  
post #36 of 36 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 9:41 am
Senior Member
 
ibbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Victoria, TX, USA
Posts: 3,327
Steve, that is a good looking jacket. Too bad I can only put one on for just a few months out of the year. Gotta wear mesh for 10 months and then we still have to deal with the high humidity.

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
ibbones is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adventures in Crashing Motorcycles by Art Friedman Lonewuff Chit Chat 0 Oct 23rd, 2007 9:18 am
An open letter to an LT Rider: A chance to learn. GTAdam Bike Talk 45 Jul 20th, 2007 7:26 am
Audio input from Zumo (low tech solution) wcarter GPS 0 Jan 15th, 2007 8:54 pm
Atlanta Experienced Rider Course dhendy South East 3 Dec 27th, 2006 3:24 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome