Overpaints - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Dec 26th, 2007, 3:57 pm Thread Starter

Overpaints

Does anyone know if BMW has over pants in their apparel line? I wear the Atlantis jacket and pants but when it starts gets above 80 I would like to have a quality pair of over pants to wear over shorts, or even a pair of jeans, along with a Airflow Jacket. I prefer leather but like everything in life that's not written in stone. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Dec 26th, 2007, 4:11 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmanwheeler
Does anyone know if BMW has over pants in their apparel line? I wear the Atlantis jacket and pants but when it starts gets above 80 I would like to have a quality pair of over pants to wear over shorts, or even a pair of jeans, along with a Airflow Jacket. I prefer leather but like everything in life that's not written in stone. Any suggestions?

They have the Airflow Three pants now. Could be worn over shorts and is mesh vented like your jacket.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 6th, 2008, 12:27 pm

I have been using the Firstgear HT Air overpants for a couple years and even in hot weather they provide protection and are probably cooler than jeans. I have worn over shorts, jeans and dress slacks and as they have a liner you are even good going into known rain. Easy on and off too! Not Leather but give them a look! MUCH lower cost than any leather or a BMW version.

Bill
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 6th, 2008, 7:48 pm

I wear the airflow with and without shorts. It is comfortqble and does permit free flow of air. It can be quite cooling in very hot temps. The airflow jacket with a damp t-shirt is amazingly cool also.

Larry
2009 Deep Blue K1300GT
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 11th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Smile Over or not.

After many years of looking, I finally fount the perfect pants and they are made in the USA (California is still part of the US, right?) They are the Cycleport stretch mesh Kevlar. 100% waterproof. Easy on, easy off. I wear them both over pants or shorts, or over Underamor Heat Gear in the Summer. They are cool in summer, warm in winter. Wayne will make them the way you want them in a couple of days. They have a removable waterproof, windproof liner that will take you down to 20 degrees. I've never used the liner as I live in Florida and we don't allow cold weather here! I've worn them in heat and rain and am still dry. They breath unbelievably and the stretch Kevlar allows for big meals. They have a stretch, high waist that keeps water out and the fly zipper runs diagonally from waist to right ankle for easy off and no leaking in the crotch. These are truely one of a kind. The only thing I would add is an extra smaller pocket on the leg for a cell phones or what ever. You won't regret these pants. I loved them so much I bought a jacket too!
By the way, I have a pair of Fieldsheer and Olympia motorcycle pants and these are 100X better. They have a money back satisfaction guarantee. And if you read about Kevlar on their site, you'll never wear Cordura again! WWW.Motoport.com

Craig

2000 K1200LTC "Little Turd"
2001 Harley Softail Deuce "Ground Pounder"
BMWMOA #113448

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in