40mph get off - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 11:23 am Thread Starter

40mph get off

Riding with a group this last weekend over on Smoky Hole road in WV. The guy in front of me did a low side slide at about 40mph with his leg trapped under the bike then slamming into a guard rail. It was a terrible sound and sight. he was an experienced rider who has ridden all his life including the haul Road in Alaska. my point is that he was wearing an aerostich 2 piece suit. It was shredded some but no road rash and he only has a sore ankle from being under the bike. I am a firm believer in aerostich now! Wear your gear. Like my buddy said "I would rather sweat than bleed".
Ride safe

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Glad your buddy is OK. I'm a true believer in ATGATT.

Just wish my SO was. She wears a half helmet, and not always proper jacket.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:24 pm Thread Starter

Agree

I told my wife last night that she is getting some gear and is going to wear it.

Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 3:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpillis
I told my wife last night that she is getting some gear and is going to wear it.
You coming to CCR next year? Would you be available to teach some of us husband's how to "tell" our wives what to do?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
post #5 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 3:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
You coming to CCR next year? Would you be available to teach some of us husband's how to "tell" our wives what to do?
If you learn that secret, let me know!

You could even start a whole new FORUM on that topic.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #6 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 4:28 pm Thread Starter

wife

I will keep you posted on my success rate.
But just so you know, I am the boss in my house and my wife said I could say that!

Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
post #7 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 7:41 pm
Gold Supporter

Quote:
Is this where we sign up for that class? How much is it....oh never mind...it really doesn't matter...my wife won't let me go anyway

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #8 of 14 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 9:13 pm

STOP THE MADNESS GUYS!

First the keyboard, then the screen, then the carpet....only to have my wife come in and tell me to clean it all up

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #9 of 14 Old Oct 10th, 2007, 9:02 am

Quote:
Yeah, I'll ask my wife if I can go!

"BONES" <///><

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #10 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 8:23 am

I know what you mean, I've been trying to get the wife to wear gear for the last five years. The biggest problem was nothing fit right and she just didn't want to wear it. So I continued to search for something that fit and finnally found a Cortech jacket that came in plus sizes ( she's not a size 6 anymore) it fit and she said it was a beatiful jacket but to send it back because she wasn't going to wear it. So that nite after packing the jacket up and having dinner we decide to go out for dessert. Had every intention of taking the bike but at the last minute changed our minds and took the car. Now for the good part, while driving down a 5 lane hiway I'm in the left lane and another car is in the right slightly ahead of me, when suddenly this guy clips apiece of 2x4 and sends it pinwheeling straight at us, I swerved and luckily caught it on an angle. The wife is startled and scared but the first thing out of her mouth is " Don't Send That Jacket Back . If we had been on the bike we would have been down". She now wears the jacket and the rest of the gear all the time now.

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

post #11 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2007, 8:33 am

You guys who can't get your wives to wear proper gear need to send them to Wife School.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIPzvA23tQ

I should send mine too, I can't get her to buy a decent pair of riding boots.

Kevin
'06 K1200LT
post #12 of 14 Old Nov 8th, 2007, 6:57 am

My wife does what she is told to do. Just the other day I told her to fix the water heater. She did. There was no way I was gonna wash those dishes in cold water!!.......

2006 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
2003 K1200LTE Black
Totaled Oct 2, 2010
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Most of us would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
post #13 of 14 Old Nov 9th, 2007, 9:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnata
You guys who can't get your wives to wear proper gear need to send them to Wife School.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIPzvA23tQ

I should send mine too, I can't get her to buy a decent pair of riding boots.
Have her look at the Icon Bombshell boots. Very stylish while providing great protection. I won't let the wife on the bike unless she is wearing all of her gear. Since I am the responsible party, she either wears it, or stays home. I don't know if I could live with myself if I was responsible for something bad happening to her. As for wife school, I can help. I am currently a "kept" man while working on becoming a certified teacher. Get to ride every morning and all it is costing me is having the house clean and dinner ready when she comes home from work!!!!! So in other words, it cost me my soul.
Ray

Raymond Dell'Olio
Bronx, NY
718-530-5793
2000 K1200LT (Sold)

"A nation of sheep,
Owned by pigs,
Ruled by wolves."

post #14 of 14 Old Nov 9th, 2007, 10:06 am

Thanks for the tip, Ray. She just told me it's a more of a flexibility issue for her. Her riding season is pretty much over for the year, so she'll have lots of time to select something.

Kevin
'06 K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in