Cylcleport pants - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 1:21 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Cylcleport pants

Well thanks to Ron K. Miller's info from ride2die.com , I decided my Olympia riding pants may result in a cooked butt. So, after researching all my options ('Stitch and Cycleport) I chose the Cycleport stretch Kevlar pants. I called the company and they gladly sent me fabric samples and after a followup call with Wayne Boyer, he sent me an email with other links to various articles and the more I read the more I realized my ass was on the line. I followed the directions for measurements and called Wayne to order my pants on Thursday 9/6. My pants and liner were custom made in California and shipped the following Tuesday and I received them Saturday! I chose black as I have found that light colors are hard for me to keep clean. I understand that Kevlar doesn't absorb or conduct heat and therefore will not be hot in any color. At first I thought, "man these are going to be hot and heavy" but, after putting them on (and it takes some time for the armor to form to your body) I went for a ride on my Harley. I wanted to ride something hot, hot on a hot, hot day! It was 92 out. As I was leaving I thought "why am I not sweating?" I always sweat as I put on ATGATT and get the bike out of the garage and can usually feel the sweat run down my legs. As I started riding, I found the comfort zone scarey. These pants are too cool and light weight to protect me! No sweating and great air flow. I'm not sure I'll ever need the liner in Florida, but will up north for winter I'm sure I will. They are waterproof and easy to get on and off and because they are stretch, you can wear them over jeans or street clothes. The right leg zips from waist to ground and visa versa with a two way zipper. The left leg zips from ground to your knee. The zippers are heavy duty waterproof with Velcro flaps and are on the inside of the leg so they are not exposed to weather or the road in the event of a crash. The fabric won't scratch your bike either. There is an adjustable Velcro cuff on the lower leg to improve fit. Among other cool features are access zippers, with flaps to allow access to your pants pockets and a belt with cover that snaps over it and looks cool. During an afternoon shower, water beaded up and blew off. These pants are cooler than jeans and Cordura. I've tried them all, so I can say that. I honestly felt like I was wearing shorts! My friends that have the Aerostitch (3 different people) have all said that their 'stiches are too hot for summer riding in Florida. Needless to say, I'm ordering the jacket now. They aren't cheap, but neither is skin!
If you are looking for some cheap riding pants, send me a post as I'm selling my Fieldsheer and Olympia's. (38 inch waist 35 inseam) From now on, I'm sporting Cycleport!.

I'll post pictures later.

Craig

2000 K1200LTC "Little Turd"
2001 Harley Softail Deuce "Ground Pounder"
BMWMOA #113448

Last edited by Offwego; Sep 17th, 2007 at 2:22 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:19 pm

I was at a friends last week and he had just got his complete suit. It looked like chain mail armor and felt very corse. He had used it a couple of times and said that it was very stiff at first but is gettting better all the time. I can say that stuff is built to take a beating. I will probably be getting a suit sometime soon as they are just over an hour away from me.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #3 of 5 Old Oct 27th, 2007, 9:12 pm

the pants

Hi,
Interesting about your jacket. I am thinking of what new jacket to get so I looked here for some advice. A friend of mine has a cycleport jacket and said the same things you did. I might be interested in those pants. What color are they, can you tell me any other details, and how much do you want for them?
Joseph

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Re: Cylcleport pants

i have worn Cycleport kevlar jacket and pants (not the mesh) as my primary gear for three seasons. Very comfortable and are excellent in a remarkably wide range of temperatures. Excellent customer service and quality.

My only regret is given my color choice I look like a mountie.

RB

2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS (red)
2009 BMW R1200 RT (biue)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 7:15 am

Re: the pants

www.motoport.com this would be a good start. Good folks and great products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in