Bmw Air Flow Gloves - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 9:11 am Thread Starter

Bmw Air Flow Gloves

I was in desperate need of new summer weight riding gloves. The old ones were literally falling apart at the seams. So, went over to the Helmet Shop in Daytona and just couldn't find anything that pleased me. I said to myself, may as well walk around the corner and see what the Bring My Wallet shop has to offer. Found a pair of "AIRFLOW GLOVES" that fit me perfectly and of course the materials and construction quality were as expected. So I opened the vault and counted out the big bucks that were necessary to claim the gloves as my very own. After a couple of days riding around in this pizza oven that they call Central Florida wearing my new gloves all I can say is that BMW AIRFLOW GLOVES DONT! (flow air very well) I wear an AIRFLOW jacket which I'm very happy with but the gloves just don't measure up for this ultra hot weather. May have to go buy a pair of cheapies just to get through the next couple of months and then break out the new ones when the weather becomes more capable of supporting human life.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Great gloves I wear them year round but they are not AIR FLOW as I expected when I bought the first pair. They seem to last about 18 months of daily wear. I got the white ones this time, but they don't seem to be any better in the AIR FLOW department.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 2:08 pm
Gold Supporter

LIke Bo, I wear mine daily pretty much year round and I am putting them on and taking them off a lot during the day (I use my bike for work) and I am going on two years and they still have a long life ahead of them. They are not as bad as wearing straight leather gloves and in town they are great. On long trips I wear Olympia mesh, which are air flow, but wouldn't handle the daily grind I put gloves through. I like the ease of the air flows for putting on and taking off and I really do think they are cooler than straight leather.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 17th, 2007, 8:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas42
Great gloves I wear them year round but they are not AIR FLOW as I expected when I bought the first pair. They seem to last about 18 months of daily wear. I got the white ones this time, but they don't seem to be any better in the AIR FLOW department.
Cindy, the riding gear manager at Daytona BMW told me that the BMW gloves are now guaranteed for 2 years so save those receipts!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

post #5 of 7 Old Aug 17th, 2007, 8:56 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Lynn,

I bought a pair of Air Flow gloves right after I first got the LT. Was disappointed in them UNTIL I stuck my hand out in the "air flow". They cooled very well its just that the LT does not allow the "air flow" to reach your hands on the bars.

Great in the winter but sucks in the summer.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #6 of 7 Old Aug 17th, 2007, 3:59 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
Lynn,

I bought a pair of Air Flow gloves right after I first got the LT. Was disappointed in them UNTIL I stuck my hand out in the "air flow". They cooled very well its just that the LT does not allow the "air flow" to reach your hands on the bars.

Great in the winter but sucks in the summer.
I tried what your suggesting but still no love! Perhaps the problem is that the ambient air temperature down here lately has been HOT, HOT, HOT!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

post #7 of 7 Old Aug 17th, 2007, 7:45 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Yeah I know Lynn, I have not ridden in two weeks because of the heat. Did take the old Suzuki out as it has NO body work to block the wind.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in