Any experience with the Kilimanjaro II? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:39 am Thread Starter

Any experience with the Kilimanjaro II?

Hi there,

My recent trip around Lake Superior (which was great by the way) has made me aware that I need a jacket beyond my Firstgear Mesh.

I have found Kilimanjaro IIs on the net for under $200. I have searched and found some good thoughts on Kilimanjaro's in general and wondered if anyone her owned the II and could give me their impressions.

Thank you,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:50 am

What about some Gerbingís? I ride in mesh all year round. When it starts getting chilly I just plug in and turn up the heat.

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:02 am Thread Starter

I would have paid dearly for a heated vest last week. I honestly didn't expect low to mid 50's in the middle of the day in July

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 2:10 pm

I'm heading to the black hills today and even though it's been 70 - 100, I'll still take my jacket liner. I probably won't need it, but if I left it, I'm sure I'd hit a cold windy thunderstorm at night and that is when it would be soooo good. Kinda like American Express, never leave home without it.

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:21 pm

Kilimanjaro II Jacket

As a cold weather rider....I LOVE this jacket!! My ride to work is about 20 minutes, and unless it's below 30, I can't wear the liner in it...just too warm to be comfortable. It's got decent vents, but gets a bit warm in anything over 60 degrees.
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 5:25 pm
was

Bought one for my wife. She loves it. She has not been out in it in the rain (and probably won't be!), so I cannot speak to its wet weather properties. But with vents open she was comfortable riding pillion in 80+ degrees, and on the coast in the evening she liked wearing the liner alone.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 5:58 pm

I have two sets of Kilimanjaros (purchased in 2002) for myself and SO; we did 1700 miles around the periphery of Washington state with rain about 60% of the time; they were great. Then we did a trip from Seattle to El Paso with everything from snow in Utah to desert heat; again, no problem.

I had to bring the bike back from Albuquerque to El Paso last week: it looked like rain (monsoons) even though the temperature was in the low 90s; I rode zipped up and didn't open up until I was close to home. I have absolute confidence in them and don't find them oppressive even in hot weather.

But you have to spend some time un-velcroing stuff.....
post #8 of 8 Old Aug 4th, 2007, 10:07 am

This is a great jacket I cant use the liner here in ga unless it get below 30 then is still kinda warm have not ride the LT in cold weather yet just got it in March.

VanO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in