New Osbe Summer Helmet is Really COOL! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 3:53 pm Thread Starter

New Osbe Summer Helmet is Really COOL!

Yesterday I ordered an Osbe Summer demi-jet helmet from MotoInternationale in Montreal and much to my surprise, it was on my desk in Brampton, Ontario at 10:00am this morning. Of course I needed to try it immediately and I have to say it performed exactly as I expected.

Visibility with this helmet is excellent as is the angle of view. From 30kph to 80kph air flows through the stainless steel mesh vents keeping your head cool. At 120kph still nice and cool as expected. What I didn't expect was how quiet this helmet was for an openface half helmet. I have a Nolan N42, an HJC C2 there is absolutely not comparison in how much cooler your head is with the Osbe Summer helmet.

The Osbe Summer comes with an additional helmet cover which goes over the stainless steel mesh should you need to ride in wet weather. The cost of the helmet was $240 canadian.

This helmet is very similar to the BMW Airflow helmet in terms of where the stainless steel mesh is located. Like the BMW helmet the Osbe Summer helmet is not DOT compliant but is ECE 22.05 compliant.

If your excuse for riding without a lid has always been that they're just too damn hot, well, this helmet throws that excuse completely out the window. That being said, you wouldn't want to wear this helmet on a day where the temperature was under 10 degrees Centegrade.

I have attached 2 pics to this post. I've never tried this before so I just say I'm sorry in advance in case it doesn't work.

Going to Port Dover tomorrow. Just hope it's nicer than it's been the last 3 Friday the 13th's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Osbe Summer black 1.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	13095   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW Airflow helmet.jpg
Views:	5146
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	13096  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 5:20 pm

I didn't know they made a helmet with the mesh like that. I might have to look into that! It's all about the comfort!!
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 6:33 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Bet Osbe made the helmet for BMW. That's almost a dead ringer for the BMW Airflow helmet. Is the cover for the mesh made of clear plastic?

I had a BMW Airflow and I can tell you, you can freeze your head off in cooler temps. It works great.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:23 pm
Gold Supporter

I haven't seen one of those yet. Do they sell them in the states?

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:46 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Since these airflow helmets are not DOT approved, I'd say no, they don't sell them here. You'd have to mail order one through a sympathetic dealer or an overseas friend. For off-road use only, of course.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 11:11 pm Thread Starter

Montreal is not overseas?????

It should be a lot easier to order the helmet from Montreal than overseas. The number for MotoInternationale is 1-800-871-6686 if this doesn't work in the USA then try (514) 483-6686 . Service is very good and the accents will definitely be French Canadian. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in