Riding Pants Recommendation - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old May 27th, 2007, 8:52 pm Thread Starter

Riding Pants Recommendation

I currently have the Ranger II pants by Olympia and like them. However, they are too large for me (size 38) and I only wear a size 34-36 (36 at most since I do not wear pants under my riding pants).

My question is before I buy another pair, are there any recommendations for another brand as I would like to get a pair that has belt loops (including full armor) as the Ranger II pants do not have belt loops.

Thanks
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old May 27th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEngland
I currently have the Ranger II pants by Olympia and like them. However, they are too large for me (size 38) and I only wear a size 34-36 (36 at most since I do not wear pants under my riding pants).

My question is before I buy another pair, are there any recommendations for another brand as I would like to get a pair that has belt loops (including full armor) as the Ranger II pants do not have belt loops.

Thanks
Mark
Since you don't wear no britches under, I see why you want something that wont drop off.
How about the simple route, go to the craft store get a package of blue jean buttons (they are 2 piece, hammer onto the backing plate, which is pushed through material) you need at least 6 buttons. Then get your self a set of suspenders.
Snug pants binding on a ride can be a pain, if you're road or drag racing you want snug, otherwise comfort is the word. The pants you have are already paid for tested and you said you like them, give it a try for a couple bucks.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old May 27th, 2007, 10:20 pm

FWIW, I bought a pair of Olympia Airglide II this past Wednesday and now have worn them for almost 1000 miles. So far, I am very satisfied with these except for the fact that their side zippers (that run the full length too) open only in one direction

Prakash Krishnamurthy

2004 R1150RT Titanium Grey

post #4 of 11 Old May 28th, 2007, 1:02 am

Riding Pants Recommendation

I got a pair of Cortech vented pants and really like them. They fit well and are long enough. I usually ride with shorts on under them. They have the same zipper as my Olympia jacket, so they zip together fine. I also have a pair of clip on suspenders on them to keep them up when I walk around without the jacket on.

Tim Barstow

2004 GSA Silver
2007 X Challenge
post #5 of 11 Old May 28th, 2007, 8:26 am

Thumbs down Olympia

I don't know which model pants I have, but they are Olymipia, and have belt loops, they have the armor, and Cordula, but they convert into shorts and best of all they weren't black. Up until yesterday I really liked them. We were caught in a little bit of heavy rain. Me sitting on top of my new rider beads when I felt a stream of water going down the back of my legs. They leak where the zipper stops, and starts for where you detach the legs.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #6 of 11 Old May 28th, 2007, 1:31 pm

Smile Air Pants

I have the Olympia Air 1 pants and after 20,000 + miles they are doing well.

Brought a new Air 2 jacket this spring, great products. The Air 2 jacket is better than the 1st. It's liner is better for rain and wind.
post #7 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:09 am

Brosh

Just discovered their website. They look quite interesting and very reasonably priced. Brosh.com
post #8 of 11 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 11:07 pm

I have First Gear HT Air pants and really like them. I have used suspenders for about 30 yrs on my fire dept turnouts and like the comfort and not having to pull my pants up all the time so I bought some from Areostich and love them.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #9 of 11 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 12:15 am

Wanna Swap?

Greetings,

I have a pair of BMW black coverpants. Size 36. I'm a 38. Interested in a swap? Send me a PM and we can work it out. I'm willing to send photos and ship first if necessary. These are really nice pants with armor in the knees, etc. Just too small for me.

Let me know.
Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

post #10 of 11 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 1:33 am

Summer 2 Pants

I recently purchased the BMW Summer 2 Pants in both black and tan and much like drink, I like em a lot. Great for warm weather, comfort, armor, and they actually look good.

I also have the BMW Rallye 2 Pro Pants which are not cheap, but offer great protection and versatility.

For me the Summer 2 Pants are awesome.
post #11 of 11 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 4:45 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

I have First Gear Mesh TexII Have rode over 10,000 miles with them A great fit and very confortable. Also if you wear a First Gear Jacket they zip together so the pants won't fall off ya

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in