Winter Gloves - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Nov 12th, 2005, 6:20 am Thread Starter

Winter Gloves

Who makes the best unheated gloves for winter riding? I bought some BMW winter gloves but don't think much of them, air seems to still get in. Maybe I should try some glove inserts also. Thanx for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Nov 12th, 2005, 9:10 am
Senior Member (ret.)

Harley-Davidson brand lined leather gloves (long gauntlets). Have been using them for the last 5 years and they are absolutely great. Another one is the Olympia brand that I have used (short gauntlets).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 9 Old Nov 12th, 2005, 11:00 am

Wink mittens

i use a combination of hand wear. that's the old layering effect. first when it gets cold, i use gauntletted thinsulate mittens. i bought them last year at bass pro. if it's a little colder i use polyproplene glove liners (by patagonia)under the mittens. colder yet, i use GI wool glove liners over the patagonias and of course under the mittens. i also have a pair of gore-tex mitten shells to wear over the mittens. i keep them on board year round (shells) to use in the rain, i use them in the winter to block the wind. the combination works well for me. last winter i wore the whole shebang on a "frosty balls poker run" and had to take them off as my hands started sweating. omurphy

post #4 of 9 Old Nov 12th, 2005, 4:48 pm

When I owned windshield only cruisers and my hands were exposed to the direct wind blast, I wore H-D FXRG gloves. Windproof nylon, gore-tex lined w/attached primaloft liner. The gauntlets have a locking drawstring that allows you to tighten it down around your jacket sleeve.

regards

2016 R1200RT
2015 RGU
post #5 of 9 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 9:50 am

Winter gloves

Gerbing. They plug into my jacket liner, and also come with long leads if you don't have the jacket. W had them first, and she kept raving about them, so got my own. Gotta get a hookup for the car (that *#%! cold steering wheel!).

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)
post #6 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 11:22 am

RevIt make a pair of winter gloves that I've used down to mid-20's with no problems.

Paul Browne
Reston, VA

'06 BMW R1200RT
post #7 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3xuS
Who makes the best unheated gloves for winter riding? I bought some BMW winter gloves but don't think much of them, air seems to still get in. Maybe I should try some glove inserts also. Thanx for any suggestions.
Hi, N3xuS - if your LT has the heated grips, check out this site.
post #8 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2005, 11:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3xuS

Tourmaster Elite is a decent model.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
Gerbing Heated JACKET LINER Review
http://pages.videotron.com/mcrides/p...bing/liner.htm
:
post #9 of 9 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 12:50 am

I'm a becoming a fan

I'm very quickly becoming a fan of all of RevIt's gear. It is as expensive as the BMW stuff, but it sure is good stuff. This is their USA home page. OBTW, they have their gear cut for the weminks in out lives.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in