Schuberth C2 Noisy on the LT! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 15th, 2007, 11:29 pm Thread Starter

Schuberth C2 Noisy on the LT!

I have an HJC CL-max, an HJC AG2, A Shoei RJ Air, and an HJC FG12 in addition to the Schuberth C2 I bought at the beginning of last year. Of all these helmets, the C2 has two outstanding characteristics. The first is that it is my MOST expensive helmet and secondly, it is easily my most noisy of any of my helmets when riding my 05 LT.

That being said, when riding a naked bike, the C2 is my most quiet helmet. When Schuberth tests these things for quietness (is that a word?) they obviously don't do it behind the fairing of a LT or a Goldwing because if they did, I bet they'd do it better.

All this to ask if anyone has had both a Nolan modular and a Schuberth C2 and if yes is the Nolan as noisy as the C2 behind the windshield of an LT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 16th, 2007, 6:02 am

My experience with the C2 varies. Some days it will be noisy, and other days it is extremely quiet. I cannot pin point it on the surrounding traffic, but it is nice when quiet. I also had the HJC and it was noisy all the time.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old May 14th, 2007, 9:13 am

Perhaps fit makes a difference in terms of noise. Both of our C2s are extremely quiet and we like the flip down sun shield as well. One observations is that they could use a bit more ventilation in warm weather riding... or, just adjust the wind screen down a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in