Where to find BMW Riding Apparel? - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 9:22 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Question Where to find BMW Riding Apparel?

I'm looking to try on -- in a store, not via mail order -- some BMW riding apparel. Specifically, I'm looking at the Street Guard 2, the Commuter 3, and the Light N Easy. Where are the BMW dealers that would have these in stock, in multiple sizes? (yes, I know any dealer can order them...) I'm guessing these will be dealers in larger cities. The idea is to travel to one of these locations, try things on, and leave with new gear.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hschisler; Mar 3rd, 2007 at 9:28 pm.
hschisler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 9:32 pm
BMW Guru
 
Ted Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nor Cal, , USA
Posts: 8,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
I'm looking to try on -- in a store, not via mail order -- some BMW riding apparel. Specifically, I'm looking at the Street Guard 2, the Commuter 3, and the Light N Easy. Where are the BMW dealers that would have these in stock, in multiple sizes? (yes, I know any dealer can order them...) I'm guessing these will be dealers in larger cities. The idea is to travel to one of these locations, try things on, and leave with new gear.
Well if you're up for a road trip we have all of that

A&S BMW Motorcycles
Roseville (Sacramento) CA

__________
2016 R1200GS Adventure
2006 DRZ400E

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ted Shred is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:07 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhudson
Well if you're up for a road trip we have all of that

A&S BMW Motorcycles
Roseville (Sacramento) CA
Thanks, Ted. I expected I'd be hearing from you. I won't rule out going to California, but surely there is a large full-line BMW dealer closer to Ohio: Pittsburgh (been there), Chicago, east coast ...

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:21 pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,905
Did you call BMW of Cleveland? They have had those jackets in stock in the past. I haven't been there for several months though.
messenger13 is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 6:28 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Did you call BMW of Cleveland? They have had those jackets in stock in the past. I haven't been there for several months though.
Good call, Joe. Duh... And it's one of the out-of-town dealers that are closest to me. Yes, I've seen some of that gear there. I'll contact them. Thanks.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 12:15 pm
Senior Member
 
grahamw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dumbarton, Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 773
BMW Apparel

I have just been out in some typical Scottish weather - 7 deg cel, strong wind and pouring with rain. I have a Santiago Jacket and I am glad to say that I returned nice and dry underneath it. It is a long jacket so keeps the small of my back warm. Overall I am happy with the purchase but doubt I would buy another one. Why not? It has a seperate Gortex liner that provides the waterproofing and some wiind protrection - I am not convinced this is ideal for the temprate climate in this country - but would be ideal if you had dry hot summers. As the shell is not waterproof none of the pockets are waterproof, maybe not such a big issue with the storage on the LT but where do you keep your wallet?. After todays trip the whole shell has absorbed water and has got heavier but I should treat it with Nikiwax.

The guy I did my trip with had an earlier streetgaurd and did not find it to oppresive in the heat. He also swears by trousers with a bib tyoe arrangement as it keeps your middle warm.

After watching the video you posted a link for I would even consider Aerostich pants as it saves the boots off - trousers on - boots on - sort out trousers carry on.

Enjoy the shopping ;-)

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
grahamw is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 1:37 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamw
...I have a Santiago Jacket and I am glad to say that I returned nice and dry underneath it. It is a long jacket so keeps the small of my back warm. Overall I am happy with the purchase but doubt I would buy another one. Why not? It has a seperate Gortex liner that provides the waterproofing and some wiind protrection - I am not convinced this is ideal for the temprate climate in this country - but would be ideal if you had dry hot summers. As the shell is not waterproof none of the pockets are waterproof, maybe not such a big issue with the storage on the LT but where do you keep your wallet?. After todays trip the whole shell has absorbed water and has got heavier but I should treat it with Nikiwax.

The guy I did my trip with had an earlier streetgaurd and did not find it to oppresive in the heat. He also swears by trousers with a bib tyoe arrangement as it keeps your middle warm.

After watching the video you posted a link for I would even consider Aerostich pants as it saves the boots off - trousers on - boots on - sort out trousers carry on...)
Graham, excellent points all around. My additional comments:

The easy on/off of the Aerostich suit is what I like best about it. The wet-crotch issue seems to be a hit-or-miss thing: some owners report it, others say it doesn't happen for them. Could have to do with how much rain you ride in, open bike v. LT, etc.

I've had the Santiago jacket on several times. What a great piece of gear! Wonderful quality (typically BMW), great protection, great features, but I don't want anything I need to add a liner to stay dry. Santiago jacket, pants, and liner cost $1,220 the way I price it.

Bib-type pants? Yes, that would be my first choice. I just like the way they fit, and provide extra rain protection in a two-piece suit. I like a 3/4-length touring jacket, and I like to pull the zipper up a foot or so when I'm on the LT. Bibs make that "safer", rain-wise.

To all who are reading this: I'm still open to your suggestions for large full-line BMW apparel dealers. Cleveland is one option for me, but they aren't the size of Houston, Chicago, California, etc. dealers.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 2:11 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
I'm looking to try on -- in a store, not via mail order -- some BMW riding apparel. Specifically, I'm looking at the Street Guard 2, the Commuter 3, and the Light N Easy. Where are the BMW dealers that would have these in stock, in multiple sizes? (yes, I know any dealer can order them...) I'm guessing these will be dealers in larger cities. The idea is to travel to one of these locations, try things on, and leave with new gear.
Howard - BMW of Leetle Rock had an apparel department bar none when a bunch of us Texicans stopped there and terrorized 'em on our way to Gatlinburg CCR in '03. Don't know what they have these days, butt they were stocking top-of-the-line BMW gear back then, and plenty of it. Our bunch musta thought we were in a bargain basement sale, cuz we were fillin' up the saddle bags and loadin' up a cage trunk. Might give James Willbanks (owner and nice guy) a ping and see if they can help in your search. Good luck. Be a nice ride for ya too!!!!
Dick is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 4:19 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Howard - BMW of Leetle Rock had an apparel department bar none when a bunch of us Texicans stopped there and terrorized 'em on our way to Gatlinburg CCR in '03. Don't know what they have these days, butt they were stocking top-of-the-line BMW gear back then, and plenty of it. Our bunch musta thought we were in a bargain basement sale, cuz we were fillin' up the saddle bags and loadin' up a cage trunk. Might give James Willbanks (owner and nice guy) a ping and see if they can help in your search. Good luck. Be a nice ride for ya too!!!!
Thanks Dick! I'll give them a call. Due to limited vacation time this year (between Spring Break w/SWMBO, CCR, and a family vacation), this year's time off is pretty much spoken for. For the 2007 apparel quest my thinking (once the location was determined) was fly to the dealer, shop, fly home. Maybe all in the same day, but probably a two-day trip.

After seeing your post I was thinking I could "swing by" Little Rock on the way to CCR. You can tell I'm not a geography major -- LR is way out of the way from here to MO. I'll give 'em a call, though. Thanks.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 4:31 pm
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 83
Both Mortons BMW in Fredericksburg, Va and Bobs BMW in Jessup, MD stock all the BMW gear in substantial volume, give the a call to check on specifics.
good hunting,
jdhargrave is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 5:03 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
Thanks Dick! After seeing your post I was thinking I could "swing by" Little Rock on the way to CCR. You can tell I'm not a geography major -- LR is way out of the way from here to MO. I'll give 'em a call, though. Thanks.
Yehbutt, once you leave the Little Rock dealership, heading to Lake of the Ozarks, you won't be vertical - so then 'outta the way' won't seem a bad thang at all.
Dick is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 9:09 pm
Senior Member
 
pdrstraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 704
BMW gear...

Howard,

You and I seem to be in the same boat....agonizing over which "perfect" riding suit to buy. I've been on the fence between Aerostich and a BMW Santiago suit for a few weeks now. Still not sure what I'm going to do.

Reggie bought the Santiago pants after seeing a friend's suit. We ended up taking a ride to BMW of SE Michigan (west side of Detroit, Ford Rd, right off of 275), where she looked them over and ordered a pair in her size. They didn't have a full range of sizes, but were more than willing to order whatever she wanted. She loves them because they fit her so well.

I agree with you wanting to try them on first, as I'm on the edge as to whether to get normal or the tall sizes. Sure would be nice to know sizing without going through the hassle of ordering...trying on... having to return if not correct, etc.

Then there's that issue of having to buy liners to make the garments waterproof!!!

So...I'm leaning right now toward the Aerostich Roadcrafter jacket, with either the Roadcrafter pants with the bib attachment...or maybe the Darien pants...which are supposed to be a little more watertight. The Darien jacket looks too "loose fitting" for my tastes. I'll still have to chance a mail order fit, with the chance of returns if the sizing isn't quite right.

The Aerostich garments will probably be too hot for our hot 'n humid summer weather, so my First Gear mesh stuff will still get some use (with less protection and the hassle of still needing a rainsuit). Kinda reinforces the notion that there's no such thing as the perfect riding suit, doesn't it?

Keep me posted if you discover a perfect solution...and I'll do the same. Kinda fun doing all this research though, isn't it?

Regards,

Paul Rakestraw
Boulder, CO

09 R1200RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 K1200LTI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrecked at 91k miles


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pdrstraw is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 10:13 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrstraw
Howard,

You and I seem to be in the same boat....agonizing over which "perfect" riding suit to buy. I've been on the fence between Aerostich and a BMW Santiago suit for a few weeks now. Still not sure what I'm going to do.
I don't think there is one "perfect" set of riding gear, unless you never ride in the cold... or the heat... or the rain... in which case something simple will always work for you! If I had to make a guess as to what I'll eventually end up with, it would be an Aerostich... probably Darien jacket and pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrstraw
I agree with you wanting to try them on first, as I'm on the edge as to whether to get normal or the tall sizes. Sure would be nice to know sizing without going through the hassle of ordering...trying on... having to return if not correct, etc.
I would like to avoid the back-and-forth that can be involved when buying via mail order. I've been looking at these things for too long and don't want to spend another season delaying a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrstraw
Then there's that issue of having to buy liners to make the garments waterproof!!!
No liners, please! I want to be able to keep on riding when the rain hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrstraw
So...I'm leaning right now toward the Aerostich Roadcrafter jacket, with either the Roadcrafter pants with the bib attachment...or maybe the Darien pants...which are supposed to be a little more watertight. The Darien jacket looks too "loose fitting" for my tastes. I'll still have to chance a mail order fit, with the chance of returns if the sizing isn't quite right.

The Aerostich garments will probably be too hot for our hot 'n humid summer weather, so my First Gear mesh stuff will still get some use (with less protection and the hassle of still needing a rainsuit). Kinda reinforces the notion that there's no such thing as the perfect riding suit, doesn't it?

Keep me posted if you discover a perfect solution...and I'll do the same. Kinda fun doing all this research though, isn't it?
Well, that's one word for it!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 11:33 pm
Senior Member
 
dwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Far West of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Posts: 192
"To all who are reading this: I'm still open to your suggestions for large full-line BMW apparel dealers. Cleveland is one option for me, but they aren't the size of Houston, Chicago, California, etc. dealers."
__________________
Howard Schisler
2005 BMW K1200LT: "Gray Ghost"
BMWMOA #122322

Wish I could report differently, but surprisingly Chicago area only has a few dealerships, and none stock BMW clothing to any extent. They'll order for you, but that doesn't solve your "one stop shopping" goal. I've been dealing with this too. dwillie.
dwillie is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 8:59 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
bmwhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Grapevine, TX, USA
Posts: 2,645
As much as I like my new Phantom (and liked my 1PC 'Stich), if I could only have one set of gear it would be my Darien jacket and pants. Not as good for commuting as the 1PC suits but the most versatile across the widest range of temps and conditions of anything I own.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
bmwhd is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 2:40 pm
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4
Usually at the MOA rally the BMW trailer has most of the BMW gear.
rclimerjak is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 4:26 pm
Senior Member
 
pdrstraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 704
darien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhd
As much as I like my new Phantom (and liked my 1PC 'Stich), if I could only have one set of gear it would be my Darien jacket and pants. Not as good for commuting as the 1PC suits but the most versatile across the widest range of temps and conditions of anything I own.

Thanks, Todd. I wonder about the loose fit of the Darien being too baggy, but I suppose its lighter weight and room for layers does make it more versatile. Appreciate your recommendation.

I notice Aerostich offers custom velcro tabs on the sleeves to reduce wind flutter. I worry some about the arms being baggy enough without a liner that the armor might not stay where it's supposed to. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Paul Rakestraw
Boulder, CO

09 R1200RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 K1200LTI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrecked at 91k miles


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pdrstraw is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 7:46 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillie
...Wish I could report differently, but surprisingly Chicago area only has a few dealerships, and none stock BMW clothing to any extent. They'll order for you, but that doesn't solve your "one stop shopping" goal. I've been dealing with this too. dwillie.
Interesting. No, amazing. I would have thought a Chicago-area dealer would have everything on hand.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 7:54 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Paul, you're in South Bend. I'm an hour SE of Columbus. We should plan on meeting halfway some time, maybe Toledo, Lima, Indy, or something else?

I'll be having a Tech Session some time late spring/early summer. Consider yourself invited. We can compare notes on gear.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 9:59 pm
Senior Member
 
pdrstraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 704
Thumbs up Sure....

...I'd be up for a that! Actually, I've planned a local club ride to Lake Hope State Park on the weekend of May 19th. That can't be terribly far from you. We'll be taking Friday off of work to ride down to meet up with some local riders, then we'll spend two nights there before riding home on Sunday. Our club plans a couple of rides every year. Everyone plans their own rides to a specified lodging point, then meet up for a few nights/meals. The ride home is usually also solo. Everyone is free to do their own pace that way. Maybe we can meet up on that Saturday. I've never been to the BMW shop in Athens. I'll make sure we've swapped phone numbers before that weekend.

Anyway...we'll get together sometime soon. Still waiting for the snow to finish melting up here! I definitely want to make it to one of your tech sessions. I met you briefly at the Vermont national last summer. I left early though, to go play in the Adirondacks.

Til then...

Paul Rakestraw
Boulder, CO

09 R1200RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 K1200LTI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrecked at 91k miles


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pdrstraw is offline  
post #21 of 22 Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:04 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrstraw
...I'd be up for a that! Actually, I've planned a local club ride to Lake Hope State Park on the weekend of May 19th. That can't be terribly far from you. We'll be taking Friday off of work to ride down to meet up with some local riders, then we'll spend two nights there before riding home on Sunday. Our club plans a couple of rides every year. Everyone plans their own rides to a specified lodging point, then meet up for a few nights/meals. The ride home is usually also solo. Everyone is free to do their own pace that way. Maybe we can meet up on that Saturday. I've never been to the BMW shop in Athens. I'll make sure we've swapped phone numbers before that weekend.

Anyway...we'll get together sometime soon. Still waiting for the snow to finish melting up here! I definitely want to make it to one of your tech sessions. I met you briefly at the Vermont national last summer. I left early though, to go play in the Adirondacks.

Til then...
Lake Hope State Park is about 45 minutes from my house, near Nelsonville. The Hocking Hills is a nice riding area! Looking forward to meeting up with you.

I met you at the BMW MOA rally last July? Sorry but I don't recall that. I'm drawing a blank...

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #22 of 22 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 7:45 am
Senior Member
 
pdrstraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler

I met you at the BMW MOA rally last July? Sorry but I don't recall that. I'm drawing a blank...
It was a pretty quick Thursday afternoon encounter as we were going opposite directions and didn't get the chance to chat. I can't even remember who introduced us, so no apologies needed for memory loss. Besides...I'm an easy guy to forget! We'll meet again this spring for sure.

Paul Rakestraw
Boulder, CO

09 R1200RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 K1200LTI
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrecked at 91k miles


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pdrstraw is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Veteran BMW Riders sparkycat Chit Chat 4 Jun 14th, 2008 9:42 pm
BMW Advanced Stability Control eljeffe Bike Talk 4 Jun 29th, 2006 3:14 am
French Test of K1200GT eljeffe K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 2 Apr 8th, 2006 5:29 pm
BMW branch in Munich opens the world's largest BMW motorcycle center eljeffe Chit Chat 8 Apr 1st, 2006 12:58 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome