Nolan Bluetooth Helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Mar 1st, 2007, 7:04 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down Nolan Bluetooth Helmet

I ordered two Nolan N102 N-Com helmets with bluetooth at the International Motorcyle show in Atlanta last weekend. Today I received a call from the company telling me that Nolan doesn't make a BMW cable, so I would not be able to wire up to the com system, i.e. no radio, no radar detector, no cd, no ipod. Even worse, if they did have a BMW cable, the system is not stereo. Needless to say, I canceled the order. I like the N102 helmet, so I am buying two of them and installing J&M's N-Com head sets. They are not bluetooth, but they are stereo and will connect to the ComSystem.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2001 R1150GS (gone -- victim of a Highway 28 curve)
2002 K1200LT Trike (now history, transmission died)
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 8:39 am
Gold Supporter

This may be a dumb question but.....If they are Bluetooth helmets, what cable are they talking about?

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 3:09 pm

I think what they are referring to is that the helmet to NCOM system is bluetooth, so wireless, but to get to the LT's intercom it needs to have some sort of copper wire connector. That is the cable that they do not have..

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA

post #4 of 9 Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 6:18 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrickland55
I ordered two Nolan N102 N-Com helmets with bluetooth at the International Motorcyle show in Atlanta last weekend. Today I received a call from the company telling me that Nolan doesn't make a BMW cable, so I would not be able to wire up to the com system, i.e. no radio, no radar detector, no cd, no ipod. Even worse, if they did have a BMW cable, the system is not stereo. Needless to say, I canceled the order. I like the N102 helmet, so I am buying two of them and installing J&M's N-Com head sets. They are not bluetooth, but they are stereo and will connect to the ComSystem.
Al... I had the same problem I have the N102 N-COM I use the J-M headsets and they are great. when I bought the helmit at Lonestar BMW here in Austin They told me Nolan was not making the Bluetooth for BMW bikes, But I love the helmit itself!!

Stevie Shreeve
post #5 of 9 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 9:47 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
This may be a dumb question but.....If they are Bluetooth helmets, what cable are they talking about?
Jerry,
The bluetooth is for wireless connection to your cell phone and wireless connection between helmets (rider/pasenger). To access the features of the onboard comsystem you have to connect with a cable.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #6 of 9 Old Mar 4th, 2007, 9:49 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Al... I had the same problem I have the N102 N-COM I use the J-M headsets and they are great. when I bought the helmit at Lonestar BMW here in Austin They told me Nolan was not making the Bluetooth for BMW bikes, But I love the helmit itself!!
Steve,
I use a J&M headset with the helmets I have now and it works pretty good. The speakers are not too good though. The folks at J&M told me that the upgrade system for the N-Com has much better speakers. I am looking forward to getting them.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 12:59 pm

Adapter

My answer may look foolish but Wunderlich makes adapters to solve this problem. BMW of Santa Cruz, CA is a Wunderlich dealer and you can buy this online. There are several adapters. Wunderich sells some very interesting BMW accessories. They are a German company but you can get their catalogue in English from the dealer.
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 6:51 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodakgus
My answer may look foolish but Wunderlich makes adapters to solve this problem. BMW of Santa Cruz, CA is a Wunderlich dealer and you can buy this online. There are several adapters. Wunderich sells some very interesting BMW accessories. They are a German company but you can get their catalogue in English from the dealer.
Thanks Gus,

I was unaware of Wunderlich. The Nolan bluetooth still has the problem of not being stereo. J&M claims that the bluetooth set they have coming out is stereo, however their intercom is wired between the two helmets. With Nolan, there is no wire between the two helmets, but there is a wire from the rider to the bike. With J&M there will be no wire to the bike, but there is a wire between the two helmets. Either system will let you connect to your cell phone bluetooth..... I think I am just going to stick with the wired system...

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #9 of 9 Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Nolan Bluetooth Helmet

i have a n-102 i bought last year at seattle bike show from cima int'l. i just had it upgraded to a2dp stereo by them and it works great w/ my treo phone . they also sent me a cable for my 04' 1200lt intercom, but sent a 6 pin instead of 7, but i think they have that too -mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in