Tankbag suggestion for 1200 RT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 8:12 am Thread Starter

Tankbag suggestion for 1200 RT

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and just wanna say hey from a very cold Finland today -20 celcius. My "problem" is to find a tankbag for my RT 1200 - I know that BMW got one but is there any other model that could suite as well as the orginal one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 28th, 2007, 7:36 pm

A guy in the UK bought a Cortech strap-mount bag for his 1200RT and is very happy with it, especially the price! Try http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

Let me know how you get on - I'm in the market for one myself...
post #3 of 9 Old Mar 1st, 2007, 7:39 am

Just received the strap mount Cortech super-mini from motorcycle super store. I haven't installed it on the bike yet. The quality is great. The size (small) is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a bag to carry (and have quick access to) my camera, cell phone, spare pair of glasses, and clip on sunglasses. This bag is perfect for those items and some room to spare. Comes with a rain cover. Installation looks quite simple. I'm curious to see how well it lifts for fueling (I have the Nav III with the between the handle bar mount).

06 RT Granite Gray

post #4 of 9 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 5:18 am Thread Starter

How did the bag suited to the tank ? Is it easy to remove it for refueling and how was the installation. Some pictures would be nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckatopodis
Just received the strap mount Cortech super-mini from motorcycle super store. I haven't installed it on the bike yet. The quality is great. The size (small) is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a bag to carry (and have quick access to) my camera, cell phone, spare pair of glasses, and clip on sunglasses. This bag is perfect for those items and some room to spare. Comes with a rain cover. Installation looks quite simple. I'm curious to see how well it lifts for fueling (I have the Nav III with the between the handle bar mount).
post #5 of 9 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 6:26 pm

I got a chance to use the tankbag this weekend. Worked out very well. Even had the opportunity to use the rain cover, everything stayed dry. Installation took 10 minutes, no tools required. The front harness goes around the steering head and then connects by two buckles to the tankbag. Lift the front seat and put the lower strap around a frame member. The tankbag can be moved forward and back by adjusting the buckles. When stopping for gas, I disconnected the rear buckle, moved my Nav III forward, and lifted the tankbag. It stood nicely on end. One could also disconnect the two front buckles and lay the tankbag back on the seat. Disconnecting for gas takes less than 30 seconds. I am quite satisfied with this tankbag. I don't seem to be able to upload the pictures I took to this website. I'll check and see if I can email them to you directly. If not, email me, then I'll send them.

06 RT Granite Gray
post #6 of 9 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Tom,
I had trouble sending through MSN. Photo server is down. I resized the images. That appears to let me attach the photos here. I like the tank bag positioned towards the rear, less interference with the handlebars that way. Even in this position turning the wheel fully to the left, the bag hits the ESA button. You can find good pictures of the interior doing a web search. If you would like any other pictures of the mounting, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tankbag 2 (Small).JPG
Views:	102
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	10585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tankbag 2 (Small).JPG
Views:	81
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	10586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up for gas (Small).JPG
Views:	90
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	10587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back for gas (Small).JPG
Views:	80
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	10588  

06 RT Granite Gray
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 6:25 pm

Sent two of one picture. Here is the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tankbag (Small).JPG
Views:	69
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	10589  

06 RT Granite Gray
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2007, 5:14 am Thread Starter

Tankbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckatopodis
Sent two of one picture. Here is the other.
Thanks for the pictures, what model do you use ? I was thinking toget a little bigger on - but the problem is that I haven't been able to find any here in Finland - just have to do some googling Do you have any indication about the price points ?
post #9 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2007, 8:03 am

The camera is a Canon S2 IS. I paid $49 for this bag. It was one of the least expensive I found. There are lots of other choices for tankbags. Marsee, Big Mak, Chicane, Touratech to name a few.

06 RT Granite Gray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in