Neotec II temple pain? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 25th, 2019, 10:58 pm Thread Starter

Neotec II temple pain?

I've had the Neotec II for about 4k miles and I love everything about it except this one thing. After about about 40 minutes of wearing the helmet, I get the worst pain on the right side of my head, in-between my temple and top of the ear. I start to feel it gradually coming and it just gets worse and worse. After about an hour or so, my whole jaw and temple are killing me, it gets almost unbearable. It only does this on the right side.

I've tried pressing the back of a spoon into the suspected areas to soften or take the corners off in the foam, but I don't want to dig in more and affect the foam too much. Doing that helped a bit, but it still puts pressure only head. I've had Shoeis, Arais, Bells, etc. and never had this issue, or any issue with pressure points. Maybe it's just my head shape and this helmet? Maybe it needs more miles to break in? I'd hate to get rid of this lid, for the first little bit of a long ride, its the most comfortable helmet I've worn. After about 40 minutes, its the worst helmet Ive worn. I may have to go back to the trusty RF1200.

And before anyone chimes in saying it may be the wrong size, it's not. Its a Medium and it fits as it should, aside from this one little spot.

| Orange County, CA. | 18 Mars Red RT | Many Harleys Previously |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 26th, 2019, 7:33 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Neotec II temple pain?

I had similar issue as what you have, with the exception that the pressure spot was up above my ear and to the front. Never had that with the older Neotec. Solution? Buy a new headliner, but select the thinner one (they are available as standard, thicker or thinner). Works for me! With the old Neotec, I replaced the cheekpads with thinner ones, while the ones in the Neotec 2 is fine for me.

Just a thought - perhaps you can contact Shoei about your discomfort, because I recalled reading about somebody who did, but with the old version that they had just bought, and Shoei gave him the thinner liner for free! I just never bothered.

Pad. Gajajiva
Solon, OH, USA

2015 R1200RT (San Marino Blue Met.)
2014 R1200RT (Quartz Metallic Blue - Returned to BMW)
2007 R1200RT (Sold!)

Once Upon a Time........
1963 Norton Dominator 650 SS
1960 Triumph Bonneville (T120)
1960 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1952 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1932 Triumph 500
1952 BSA Goldstar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in