Looking for Lace up M/C boots - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 4:00 pm Thread Starter

Looking for Lace up M/C boots

I've got such wide feet(2E) size (46euro) I 'm having a hard time finding a boot that I can get my foot into. I would love to have been able to keep the boots the wife got me for christmas (Sidi way Tepor). I don't want boots that look like I just stepped out of the Hog shop with the buckles on the side. I have been using BMW lace up ankle high boots that have been fantastic but their day has come and gone and they are no longer available. Any help here?

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the car window
Stephen Moore
02 K1200LTC Silver
02 Uni-go (skittles reborn)
1975 R75/6 Black Still running strong
BMWMOA# 122791
AMA# 711312
CCR 02,03,04,05,07,08,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 4:24 pm

You might want to checkout Zappos.com. Free shipping both ways, if the ones you pick don't fit right. I saw plenty of lace-up possibilities...though most had the H-D logo on them somewhere.
post #3 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 5:03 pm
Gold Supporter

Check out Red Wings. I wear model 2292 (EEE) & have been very pleased with them. A quick check indicated that this particular model isn't available in (EE) width, but they do have others thar are. Happy hunting!

C. E. Doerr

Blu '02LTC "My Blue Heaven"

post #4 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 5:50 pm

Dehner has boots in that size, don't know whether any will appeal to you. They advertise patrol (motor cop), riding (horseback), and military styles.

www.dehner.com

Peter Tessin
2002 Champagne
post #5 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 7:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknuckles
I've got such wide feet(2E) size (46euro) I 'm having a hard time finding a boot that I can get my foot into. I would love to have been able to keep the boots the wife got me for christmas (Sidi way Tepor). I don't want boots that look like I just stepped out of the Hog shop with the buckles on the side. I have been using BMW lace up ankle high boots that have been fantastic but their day has come and gone and they are no longer available. Any help here?
Take them to a real boot maker and he can put in zippers with storm flaps for not much money.
I know had it done with 16" engineer boots, when I was 355lbs there was no way to get my foot down the shaft of the boot.
Rock
post #6 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 7:52 pm

Best boot I ever had, yes they are very waterproof & you can actually walk in them. http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/d...UCT_ID=50-7192
post #7 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 8:37 pm

Cruiserworks sells lace up boots in a couple different styles and they have EE sizes. I've never own a pair myself but I have heard numerous positive testimonials from friends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #8 of 15 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 10:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter

You might want to look at WestCoast boots. They are a custom boot that many in the riding community like to wear. They make lace-up boots that will work well riding your bike.

Another boot, and my favorite for work and Winter riding, are Danner boots. Both companies are Made In Oregon and of excellent quality. Good luck!

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #9 of 15 Old Jan 1st, 2007, 9:37 am

Smile

Cruiserworks are the best boots! I prefer the sidezip style easy to use and clean. Great for the office business casual look!
post #10 of 15 Old Jan 1st, 2007, 11:12 am

Wink Red Wing Steel Toe Lace Ups

Nothing Better in my opinion; the leather wears in nice and comfortable and the steel toe with solid soles are what you want when riding. Lots of good choices.

Joe Buttress
Plain Washington
2003 LTE
IBA SS
post #11 of 15 Old Jan 1st, 2007, 5:19 pm

Quote:
Hey Stephen, one of our English brethren turned me on to Altberg Boots made in, well, England. http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle1.jsp

I just love mine. I got the Microlite Clubman's, English moto cop's wear them. They were a leetle of 300 bones delivered to the door. You can send them a tracing of your foot, and I recomend a tracing of your boot, so they can build what you need. I'd think, as a purdy good size boy, that you have a "high volume" foot. Be sure to tell them that if you order from them.

I think the best part was talking to English girls. I especially liked pissing them off. Love that English accent on a lassie.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #12 of 15 Old Jan 1st, 2007, 7:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E
Best boot I ever had, yes they are very waterproof & you can actually walk in them. http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/d...UCT_ID=50-7192
Looked at these, almost ready to order a pair to try out, then saw nothing larger than a 12.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #13 of 15 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:50 am

Quote:
Give these guys a try...http://www.boot.com/...

Jeff Davis
San Diego, CA
'00 Pacific Blue AKA BluBlur
'08 WR250F
'07 TTR125L (for the kid)
post #14 of 15 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 2:43 pm

New boots and

Grifscoots said:

'one of our English brethren turned me on to'

English - English !!!!!!!!!! ?????????????? Scottish if you don't mind old chap ;-)))

I have the Continental Tourer Microlite with Goretex type liner and they are great.

Good luck in your search.

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #15 of 15 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 4:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamw
Grifscoots said:

'one of our English brethren turned me on to'

English - English !!!!!!!!!! ?????????????? Scottish if you don't mind old chap ;-)))

I have the Continental Tourer Microlite with Goretex type liner and they are great.

Good luck in your search.
OOOOOPS Sorry, mate!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in