N102 N-com - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Dec 20th, 2006, 9:09 pm Thread Starter

N102 N-com

I was looking around today for some prices on helmets and I see that the Nolan N-102 is available with an optional Bluetooth Comm system.

Has anyone found what the additional Bluetooth parts cost. I can't find a USA price reference anywhere.. I admit I looked for only a short while.. less than 30 minutes.

I found a site in the UK and it looks like the com unit will be about $200.. and the head set will be about $60. Found a reference that the units are supposed to be available in Dec 2006 but I can't confirm it anywhere that I can see.

I wonder if it is adaptable to an AutoCom? Looks pretty interesting.. any one seen or heard of this .... it is not Stereo but sure would be nice not to have to mess with the cord!

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Dec 21st, 2006, 1:07 am

n-com

I use the open face N-42, l like the configuration & design but like many other thing that made in Italy, you sometimes need to compromise on quality's wont last for long . You should be aware that this sys would not deliver stereo sound, and the other thing is that it's is nice but it's better to check for compatibility with other devices .
for more info you might want to get in touch with:
Cima International
1585 Beverly Court #118
IL 60502 Aurora
[email protected]

Yair
K12LT 00
K11LT 97
post #3 of 15 Old Dec 21st, 2006, 1:55 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yair1956
like many other thing that made in Italy, you sometimes need to compromise on quality's wont last for long .
Yair
K12LT 00
K11LT 97
Well, I looking at the Nolan line again mainly because I have been using a N100E now for about 6 years. I think the quality/price ratio is very good. My first one worked very well and the insurance company bought me a new one. I don't understand your reference to Italian products. Is it in general or with Nolan?

It has been my experience that my Nolan(s) retained their fit better and longer than any other helmet I used in the last 35 years. I'm updating this year as I do every 3 or 4 seasons.

Are you seeing a quality problem with your Nolan?

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA

post #4 of 15 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:39 am

Nolan

.. u r right quality/price ratio is very good. I have been using Nolan since the mid seventies (along with others like Bell & AGV), use to own Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Moto Gutzi ... Italian are great in design, performance and stile, but they are falling behind when it comes to quality and finish. I like my N-42, even though quality is not the best part of it.
post #5 of 15 Old Jan 14th, 2007, 7:42 am

Nolan Ncom

I purchased the 102N helmet with the basic ncom kit and the bluetooth kit from The Helmet Shop. Seems like I spent around $889. That included shipping and they installed the system. I am having some issues with the system. I can't seem to get it to hold up my calls. I can make the call and when the party answeres, I here them but only for a second. So far I have not been able to correct. Guess I need to tell you that it is when I try to go through the Zumo 550. When I hook up straight to the headset it works great but I also want to hear the Zumo commands. I have talked with garmin and they are working on it and said they will get back with me next week. http://www.helmetshop.com/ is the link to The Helmet shop. Don
post #6 of 15 Old Jan 15th, 2007, 8:25 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donscoin
Seems like I spent around $889. That included shipping and they installed the system. Don
Wow... is that for 1 helmet?

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #7 of 15 Old Jan 16th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Nolan bluetooth pricing

I've found a few retailers who will sell the blueooth e-box plus basic kit (both required) for $249.95 + $99.95 respectively. The N-Com 102 will cost between $210 and $300, depending on color choice. I haven't bought mine yet, but will any day now. I'm trying to find a dealer who has my size and color choice! Try [email protected]

2006 K1200LT Magnesium Black
2005 F650CSA Silver
2001 K1200LT Tuscana Green (sold)
1999 HD Low Rider Blue & Diamond Ice (sold)
2005 645 Convertible Champagne (my favorite 4 wheeler ever)
post #8 of 15 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 7:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd
I was looking around today for some prices on helmets and I see that the Nolan N-102 is available with an optional Bluetooth Comm system.

Has anyone found what the additional Bluetooth parts cost. I can't find a USA price reference anywhere.. I admit I looked for only a short while.. less than 30 minutes.

I found a site in the UK and it looks like the com unit will be about $200.. and the head set will be about $60. Found a reference that the units are supposed to be available in Dec 2006 but I can't confirm it anywhere that I can see.

I wonder if it is adaptable to an AutoCom? Looks pretty interesting.. any one seen or heard of this .... it is not Stereo but sure would be nice not to have to mess with the cord!
I have the new Blue Tooth Nolan N102, bought directly, and it's compatible with NADA. I also have the Autocom SuperPro AVI. No Blue Tooth available there.

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #9 of 15 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 6:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
I have the new Blue Tooth Nolan N102, bought directly, and it's compatible with NADA. I also have the Autocom SuperPro AVI. No Blue Tooth available there.
I was afraid if that.. if it is truly Bluetooth it should work with any Bluetooth product.. will take a few years but I think it will eventually get there.

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #10 of 15 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 8:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd
I was afraid if that.. if it is truly Bluetooth it should work with any Bluetooth product.. will take a few years but I think it will eventually get there.
I have a Nokia Blue Tooth adapter that goes with the Autocom SuperPro AVI; it allegedly syncs with a Blue Tooth telephone. My current cell is NOT Blue Tooth so unless the comm unit has Bluetooth, which it doesn't, the only device Bluetooth would be the phone. Not worth it to me, so continue with my iPod, Garmin, V1, XM to go thru Comm and use my Etymotic er6I's for audio.

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #11 of 15 Old Jan 18th, 2007, 7:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
I have a Nokia Blue Tooth adapter that goes with the Autocom SuperPro AVI; it allegedly syncs with a Blue Tooth telephone. My current cell is NOT Blue Tooth so unless the comm unit has Bluetooth, which it doesn't, the only device Bluetooth would be the phone. Not worth it to me, so continue with my iPod, Garmin, V1, XM to go thru Comm and use my Etymotic er6I's for audio.
I'm thinking that this will probably get better over the next few years so I am still looking at using the N-102 as my next helmet. That is if it fits. I use a Nolan now so I'm hoping there isn't too much difference in this lid. I have yet to find time to try and hunt one down. But I have a few months before I need to make that decision. Hopefully there will be more discounts out there in a month or two. Also IF I have the helmet and there is something interesting that comes available during my usual 'three season' helmet replenish cycle I will have some of the cost of the BlueTooth migration already completed.

It seems like a good idea and I would guess that there are some intercom manufacturers looking at using BlueTooth. First ones out set the market and get a chance to recoup their development costs by setting the initial price accordingly.. As long as Nolan used a standard it might work.. we just need to let the market forces take it's course..

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #12 of 15 Old Jan 18th, 2007, 7:41 pm

I actually have 3 Nolans. I have the Nolan Classic, which I don't use anymore. I bought the N102 when it first came out and I love it. It was NOT upgradeable to the Bluetooth model. I have a brand-spanking new Bluetooth N102 that I have not used, and will not use until something comes out, other than phone, that will work on a comm system. And yeah, let's hope they adhered to the 'standards' for Bluetooth! But, forgetting Bluetooth for a moment, I do love the helmet!!!

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #13 of 15 Old Jan 18th, 2007, 8:06 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
I actually have 3 Nolans. I have the Nolan Classic, which I don't use anymore. I bought the N102 when it first came out and I love it. It was NOT upgradeable to the Bluetooth model. I have a brand-spanking new Bluetooth N102 that I have not used, and will not use until something comes out, other than phone, that will work on a comm system. And yeah, let's hope they adhered to the 'standards' for Bluetooth! But, forgetting Bluetooth for a moment, I do love the helmet!!!
Great, I'm looking forward to finding the time. I see that the original N102 is selling at quite a discount.. is it the same as the Bluetooth version.. sans knockouts for the electronics...

Have you fit the AutoCom headset into the original N102? or do you think it's adaptable to the Bluetooth N-102 without the Bluetooth electronics... or am I mistaken on what these helmets are?

2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #14 of 15 Old Jan 27th, 2007, 2:02 pm

For those of you out there looking for a Bluetooth option Cardo has come out with two new helmet adapters, which, are will integrate with any helmet as well.

The cool thing about an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter is that you can easily remove the bluetooth unit from the helmet if you have to leave your helmet on your bike. Makes that whole experience a little easier.

I believe the N Com does do intercom (passenger/rider) but the other person would need another n com system correct?

The Scala Rider Teamset does come with the two units for wireless intercom and works with any helmet. Plus its only $229.95 . It's available now through our shopping cart. You should start seeing it at BMW dealers as well.
post #15 of 15 Old Jan 27th, 2007, 4:23 pm

J&M have a great looking integrated headset for use with the Nolan N102 N-Com helmets. Their headsets tend to have superb microphone and speaker quality. The stock Nolan N-Com speakers seemed kinda wimpy to me.

http://www.jmcorp.com/NolanHelmets.asp

pg
www.ducatidesigns.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in