Looking for ladies electric gloves or liners - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 28th, 2005, 3:11 pm Thread Starter

Looking for ladies electric gloves or liners

My wife & I went for our 1st official cold weather ride today. Our main attraction was 25 minutes at 80 mph at 48 degree ambient temperature. Her only complaint was cold hands. So, in order to extend our riding season I was looking for heated gloves for her that power off the bike. She's not BIlly Badass so we won't be needing gauntlets. If anything, liners would do just fine. We'll worry about the top layer.
Thanks for any help.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 28th, 2005, 9:08 pm

See www.gerbing.com. I bought just what you are seeking from Gerbing at the NYC cycle show last January. The wires and the controller become a bit of a "house keeping chore" as you must make up your own clipping and routing scheme under her current jacket. I am now thinking of getting the Jacket and Pant liners as, at lower temperatures, say in the 40's the seat and gloves do not keep her warm. It is just cold in the pillion area with out fairing protection that the rider gets. Barnett

"The idea is to die young as late as possible"

Barney Rubble (rider); Wilma Flintstone (pillion).
2000LTC CHAMPAGNE, Most prominent color at early CCR's
BMWMOA 89402
post #3 of 5 Old Oct 29th, 2005, 4:46 am Thread Starter

We have heated vests from Chilli and they work great. Unfortunately, the glove liners they make don't seem to be carried by anyone in the USA, including where we got the vests from. I thought of writing Chilli in the UK, we would just have to eat the shipping from them to us.

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 29th, 2005, 5:26 am

Wife & I have used the Gerbinlgs heated jacket, pant, and their waterproof heated gloves for years and can ride down to 32 degrees or below providing road conditions are dry. They work great and the company stands by their product. The only caution is try on the clothing to make sure it fits well, especially the jacket liner. All heated clothing should be warn as close to the area you want heated as possible, so don't buy it too big and don't wear thick undergarmets. As far as the controllers, if you want to wear both jacket and pant liners, I would suggest dual controllers which gives you the option to control top and bottom to different heat levels so one will not be too cold or hot over the other. Yes, the wires and controllers are a housekeeping issue, but the warmth far out weighs the problem. The new style gloves are waterproof as well as heated and we won't ride without them. I rode last Saturday in 40-45 degree weather with light rain and was warm as toast while other riders were envious with cold hands and think coats. The only product I would not recommend is the socks. We felt the wires were too uncomfortable on the bottom of the feet. We tried another pair of socks as liners, but that made the boots fit too tight, so unless they have changed them, we would not recommend the heated socks. Again, if possible, try them on first rather than buying online as in the past, they usually run smaller that normal. Another requirement is full face helmets for both safety and wind protection. The Gerbing jacket liner has a large heated upper collar that fits up against the bottom of the helmet. Hope this helps.

Gary & Mary Droege
1999 K1200LT
2008 K1200LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce."
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 29th, 2005, 5:40 am

Ed
Bear in mind the Chilli stuff is not manufactured by them, it comes from Softline in Germany.

http://www.softline-online.de/englis.../pricelist.htm

http://www.chilliheatedclothing.co.uk

Might be worth doing a few calculations, £-$ v €-$ see if buying them direct might be cheaper. Or if you have a friend in the trade that could order them for you and save approx 40% by buying them at the trade price from Softline direct.

Malki

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in