BMW Streetguard 2 jacket/pants - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 20th, 2006, 4:43 am Thread Starter

BMW Streetguard 2 jacket/pants

Anyone have this jacket and/or pants? Or at least seen them or tried them on?

Yeah..yeah..yeah...tell me about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 20th, 2006, 6:07 am

Ordered both in "long" size, got the jacket and was told the pants will be here in the Spring (after the sun comes out, are you kidding me?!?) I guess that means it's selling well. This could be the consummate, BMW badged winter riding suit, IMO. I first saw this thing in the flesh at the dealer down the road from the MOA rally in Vermont this Summer and knew then it had serious merit. There must be many others that feel the same way apparently. I am convinced if you had a set of Gerbings under this thing, you could ride to Antarctica and back with no problems.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #3 of 3 Old Nov 20th, 2006, 1:05 pm
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Excellent Choice

Rena and I have been using Street Guard II top & bottoms since March. Very versatile clothing for all weather. Removable thinsulate linings, collar, ventilation zippers, and from our ride home from the Snowy, 100% waterproof. Is the expression " frog drowner " correct ? It rained so hard, at noon it was so black my instrument lights came on ! Gore-Tex rocks ! So far riding from 2 degrees C to about 35. As stated above with a gerbing liner replacing the original, you have the best of everything. You can choose to plug in or just use it as padding. Size wise, the gerbing is slightly thicker, but not much in it. The blurb says they treat the outer material to reflect more sunlight to keep cooler. Guess it works, but when it gets really hot we go with the AirFlow suits. The best thing I like about the SG II is that the one suit does every thing very well. Hot or Cold. You get what you pay for.

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in