Klim Apex Opinions? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 28th, 2016, 11:58 am Thread Starter

Klim Apex Opinions?

Hoping for some user feedback on the Klim Apex jacket ... curious if any of you have one and would be so kind as to share your opinion. I like the look and fit in my local shop, but just thought I'd reach out and see if there were any negatives (beyond the cost of the darn thing :-( ).

Chris

President SCBMWRC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MOA / Airhead Beemer Club
2015 BMW R1200RT / 1973 BMW R75/5
Yard Art - 1968 Sachs 90 / 1968 Hodaka Ace 90

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CWRoady; Feb 28th, 2016 at 12:00 pm. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 3rd, 2016, 1:47 pm Thread Starter

Re: Klim Apex Opinions?

Maybe to new and no one here wears it yet? Went Motoport instead.

Chris

President SCBMWRC

post #3 of 4 Old Mar 5th, 2016, 8:05 am

I had a Klim Latitude Misano jacket that I liked very much but had some flaws. Most of what I didn't like was in the cut of the jacket, which from what I now understand was due to where the jacket was made. But the arms were long and the cuffs and lower arms were wide and floppy. Otherwise the jacket was fine. Nice materials, good comfort, and totally waterproof in the hardest downpour.

Because of the fit issues I just recently shopped for a new jacket. I looked at both the "new" Klim latitude jacket, which is a totally updated design, as well as their new Apex jacket. The Apex being a waist length jacket and the Latitude more of a 3/4 length. I liked both jackets but in the end I went with the new Latitude. I just didn't see the advantage of the Apex and I couldn't justify the wide price difference between the two. I believe that both jackets would serve you well and the difference is pretty much just style.

Klim makes great stuff at a very premium price. They are well constructed and use top notch materials. It will last for years, and as I said before it's totally waterproof. I like their jackets with the gortex because I hate having to use rain gear. I know that this may not have been exactly what you were asking but I hoped that it helped a little.

Doug

Doug
2012 R1200RT - The Green Machine
2007 R1200RT - Sold - but not forgotten

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 5th, 2016, 11:56 am Thread Starter

Appreciate the input ... I liked the style, but had a hard time with the price. I just picked up some perfect condition Motoport gear that is a perfect fit for me ... meant to be I think. The young guy on Craigslist said he quit riding after going down (in other gear) and thinking about his babies at home. For about the same money as the Apex jacket I got the Motoport air mesh Kevlar jacket, air mesh Kevlar pants + liners. On top of that he threw in a pair of the Motoport Jean riding pants and Forcefield Pro shirt, Pro pants and the Pro L2K EVO back protector/kidney belt.

I called up Motoport before purchasing to inquire about tailoring (turned out not to be needed) and asked if I should have in concerns about purchasing used gear. Bob was amazing ... he responded 3 different times via email within the hour with what to look for, said they absolutely tailor the fit frequently and completely alleviated any concerns with purchasing the gear ... this to someone asking about purchasing gear from a private party instead of them ... very impressive.

Chris

President SCBMWRC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in