gerbings warrantee issues? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 11:14 am Thread Starter

gerbings warrantee issues?

My buddy said that Gerbings has sold out to another company and that they aren't honoring their lifetime warrantee's anymore? Anyone heard anything that can confirm/deny this?

If this ends up being the case, then my next set of heated gear is probably going to be another brand.....

Steve and Shari Kramer
2009 BMW R1200RT
2008 BMW R1200RT (wife rides, I fix)
Sedro Woolley, Washington State
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 24th, 2015, 12:04 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: gerbings warrantee issues?

Yep, it happened a couple of years ago, when the original owners retired. New company owners said no more lifetime warranty, and no coverage on the "older" stuff.

I've always had great experiences with my Warm & Safe heated gear.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 5 Old Oct 24th, 2015, 12:54 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese View Post
Yep, it happened a couple of years ago, when the original owners retired. New company owners said no more lifetime warranty, and no coverage on the "older" stuff.

I've always had great experiences with my Warm & Safe heated gear.
Do the Gerbings controllers happen to work with your warmnsafe stuff?

Steve and Shari Kramer
2009 BMW R1200RT
2008 BMW R1200RT (wife rides, I fix)
Sedro Woolley, Washington State

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 24th, 2015, 6:16 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

They do, because Gerbings copied the original Warm & Safe Heat-Troller design, and used the same coaxial power plugs.

Heat-Trollers are way better (I've had and used both), but if you already have the Gerbings controllers, they'll plug in and work just fine.

I will say I preferred the Gerbings pants, as the heat covered more area, except when I got 2nd degree burns on my hip from where the wires all bunched up together at a solder junction. That sucked.

I find the Warm & Safe jacket to be comfortable down to 18F (with good outer gear), so I just don't bother with the pants anymore. The Warm & Safe jacket lives on my bike year-round so it's always available when the temp drops 30 at night . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 30th, 2016, 9:34 am

I had a great experience with greetings this past year. I had a pair of old g3 gloves, about 4 years old, that I didn't think were getting very hot. I sent the glove in figuring there in-house repair being non profit could get them fixed up cheaper than a new pair even if the issue wasn't covered under warranty. End result was I got a call from a very nice lady that said the techs didn't find anything wrong with the glove wiring, it was just a matter of the glove being old and not insulating very well anymore and that she would send me a brand new pair of that model glove since they aren't selling it anymore at no charge. So two days later I had a brand new in the package pair of g3 gloves that were actually a later model than the ones I sent in and she sent my old pair back to me as well. for that alone I will continue to be a greetings customers and That is the direction I point anyone I know that is interested in heated gear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in