• 1 Post By noRThwind
  • 1 Post By DesertJohn
  • 1 Post By rubertsn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 19th, 2015, 10:16 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Waterproof Glove Recommendation Requested

Okay sports fans, there are a million different options for gloves so rather than try a hit or miss approach I'd appreciate hearing from you as to what brand of waterproof gloves you recommend? Bonus if they're good for cooler weather, the insides don't slide around and you don't have to give away your firstborn to pay for them.

Thanking you in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 41940

2015 R1200 RT San Marino Blue
2002 Road King Classic - Traded
1971 Honda SL 125 - sold
1970 Honda CB 100 - sold
1969 Sears Mini-Bike- Gone. Never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 20th, 2015, 1:32 am

Garage
Re: Waterproof Glove Recommendation Requested

Hi,

Currently I use the BMW Waterproof Summer Gloves, and for Mid Season to warm weather I have a pair of Rev'it Summit H2O gloves.

However I live in Belgium, and the availability in the States might be a little different!

Best regards
Sleuth
davidtn likes this.

Best regards
Sleuth

Current & previous bikes
2010 R1200RT Thunder Grey
1988 K100RT (For Sale)
Suzuki GS850 (Sold)
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 20th, 2015, 9:03 am

I swear by Airboss NBC/CBRN gloves. I have worked in these for some years and find them ideal for motorcycling.

Designed for military and police these are protective equipment and resistant to Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear materials - they are also highly resistant to tearing. They have good grip in the wet. I once observed a military bomb disposal expert disarming an improvised nuclear device in a pair of these during a special forces exercise - so they should be able to withstand the requirements of riding an LT.

They are also surprisingly cheap from Army & Navy stores and often available cheaply on eBay around $10-15. As I am in the UK I tend to use mine with an inner glove as it's usually pretty cold. I rode 150 miles in heavy rain round the Lake District on Tuesday and they worked 100% (as I expected). They also cover half the forearm and grip tightly enough to prevent water entering down the glove along the jacket sleeve.

So with these you can keep dry and also withstand a nuclear attack whilst riding your LT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	1,006.6 KB
ID:	87698  
davidtn likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 20th, 2015, 9:28 am

Garage
Wink Re: Waterproof Glove Recommendation Requested

David,

I have been using Halvarssons Newman gloves for 2 years, I didn't notice where you are, but last winter in the UK saw me commute 240 miles in wet and sub zero conditions. These were good for the wet, never letting water into the glove ( as long as your jacket goes over the glove cuff. ) and with the heated grips on the RT I'll not be getting cold either. Last year I was riding a Honda VFR 800 Vtec ( Interceptor ) with much less weather protection, they were a bit chilly at motorway/Freeway speeds. (80+MPH)
I took a minor slide in them in Febuary thanks to a farmer leaving half of the mud from his field on the road, and the gloves dont look at all marked. They machine wash and reproof with NIKWAX.
looking forward to being even warmer and dryer this winter with the extra protection the RT offers. : )
Hope this helps.

Steve J
davidtn likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 20th, 2015, 8:30 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

For a long time I just used BMW Airflow gloves and put the AeroStich water proof three fingered mittens on over them. It is a little hard to get used to the three fingers but they are light, pack small, keep you dry and they have a squeegee on the left index finger. But I caught a good deal on a door prize at the BMW Huntsville opening and got a set of BMW Grip/Proof gloves. They are 2 in one, grip is very light on the hands and some air flow, while proof side it a little tighter but completely water proof.
davidtn likes this.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old Aug 20th, 2015, 9:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

+1 on the Aerostich Triple digit rain gloves. They fold up small and can be easily stored in your jacket pocket for easy access. They work well with all glove types and I've even used them in dry weather for their wind blocking ability during unforeseen temperature drops. The "three finger" feature does take a little bit of getting used to, but doesn't prevent effective operation of your clutch, throttle and brake controls. They are well made, have reflective patches and are reasonably priced, at about $50.00.
davidtn likes this.

Bob

2005 Blue K1200LT
2010 R1200GS
BMW/MOA 94539

post #7 of 11 Old Aug 31st, 2015, 6:57 pm

Not inexpensive but well worth the investment, BMW GS Dry gloves. Nice when cooler temperatures prevail. Warm, water proof, breathable and comfortable without the usual bulk associated with all weather gloves. I prefer the GS Dry to any motorcycle weather proof glove I have worn over the last 50+ years.

If nothing else, worth a look before you make a final decision.
davidtn likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 31st, 2015, 8:45 pm

My preference in warm to hot weather are golf rain gloves (footjoy is what I'm using). They dry quickly, are flexible and provide excellent grip. In warm to hot weather, I'm only concerned about grip not keeping my actual hands dry.

2000 BMW K1200 LT (Alice)
Gone, but not forgotten:
1983 Venture Royale
1982 Goldwing Aspencade
1982 Yamaha 650 Maxxim
1975 Yamaha 650 Special

Katy, TX
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 31st, 2015, 11:49 pm

+ + + on the BMW Waterproof Summer Gloves
Sleuth likes this.

Desert John

2018 K1600GT
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
2015 BMW R1200GS
post #10 of 11 Old Sep 2nd, 2015, 11:52 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noRThwind View Post
Not inexpensive but well worth the investment, BMW GS Dry gloves. Nice when cooler temperatures prevail. Warm, water proof, breathable and comfortable without the usual bulk associated with all weather gloves. I prefer the GS Dry to any motorcycle weather proof glove I have worn over the last 50+ years.

If nothing else, worth a look before you make a final decision.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check them out!

IBA # 41940

2015 R1200 RT San Marino Blue
2002 Road King Classic - Traded
1971 Honda SL 125 - sold
1970 Honda CB 100 - sold
1969 Sears Mini-Bike- Gone. Never forgotten
post #11 of 11 Old Oct 6th, 2015, 4:20 am

Have the BMW Atlantis 3 gloves and have no issues whatsoever. Very comfy.
davidtn likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in