Deal on MotoTech 4 season Armored Riding pants $99.00 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Aug 6th, 2006, 11:43 pm Thread Starter

Smile Deal on MotoTech 4 season Armored Riding pants $99.00

I ordered my pants and had them the next day - $110.00 delivered, UPS Ground. **Scroll down to see AD.

I have been looking around and was not happy with anything that I found because of either not enough pockets, Little or no armor, sloppy fitting and or bad/cheap closures. This includes Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, Tourmaster, Firstgear ,etc. Most textile pants cost $150 - 230 with leather more.
Then I got a ad from Paul Thomsoms "newenough.com" for $99.00 - OK, I'll bite. I Googled them and found them mostly for sale on other internet stores for $169.99 so $99 @ Newenough seems a great price.
I order my size, 38 with no big expectations and not alot of $$ laid out. I was pleasantly surprized. I have ridden 2 days now, about
500+ miles in some pretty hot (93+ degree) weather and upto 6,000 feet elevation.

Evaluation: Great fit, armor in all the right places (Hips-Shins-Knees) and water proof with winter liner that zips in for cold winter/fall riding.
Very comfortable pants and with nice zippered pockets with leg cargo pockets. Not feeling any seams while riding. Once or twice I was aware of the armor in the knees and zippers holding the armor in place as I sometimes push my knees against the tank.
MoToTech turns out to be owned by FirstGear and comes with a 1 year warranty. Nice lining inside and pant legs go over my boots easily.
No rear pockets.
Nice comfy waist belt that snaps with velcro belt addition. Easy to use zipper. Made of Black Cordura Nylon with very good reflective piping.

These pants woud campare with any set I have seen in the misc dealerships I have been to @ any price.. *These I wll keep!

So, If you are in the market for some new personal protective riding pants I happily recommend these.

Fits right in with my ATGATT attitude...

Moto GP Alpine Textile Pants, Now $99 A good pair of pants is always a very popular item for us on closeout. Riding pants are considered a "secondary" purchase for riding apparel by a lot of folks and when our customers see a good deal on pants they usually sell quickly.
When I personally took a look at these pants, I was pleasantly surprised by the features and the overall build quality. I'd describe this style as "sport" or "adventure". They are fairly trim fitting through the seat and legs, and the taper at the ankle allows for wearing tucked into boot or over boots.

The pants have a waterproof/breathable liner and a removable insulated liner, so they'll be ideal for upcoming fall weather. Right now we have all waist sizes available in "regular" inseam lengths, but quantities are limited so use the drop down box on the product page to view available sizes.
Original MSRP $169.95, Now $99.00

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

Last edited by usmctpdog; Aug 6th, 2006 at 11:56 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 6:39 am

UPDATE: They are now selling those pants for $79.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:39 am

Thanks for the Heads Up!

Just ordered the pants, with a telephone to confirm shipment within one hour of placing the order.

Now if there was only a way to get my beastie out of hibernation. Too much ice, snow and just plain cold up here in the frozen north.

I appreciate your kindness in making the community aware of what appears to be a great deal.

Paul M. Feldman

2008 - R1200RT "Cino"
2005 - KLT - "Tipsy" (now "Toasty") RIP
2004 - Suzuki Burgman 650
1978 - GL 1000
1985 - GL 1200 20th Anniversary Edition
1976 - Honda 750A
1973 - Honda CB 360 - "Bone Shaker"
1966 - Suzuki S80 - "Old Smokey"

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 12:52 pm Thread Starter

*Thanks for the update... I think I will order another set for my S/O for her new FJR....... I really like these pants and the price is unreal!

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

Last edited by usmctpdog; Jan 29th, 2007 at 12:57 pm.
post #5 of 10 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 12:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Wow!!

Great find & post!
Just ordered a pair to compliment my summer mesh pants.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #6 of 10 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Sure would love these if they came in Adult sizes more often.. Us "little" guys get left out often. I wonder if these manufacturers know the "average" Americans are not as small as they once were and certainly not European. O Well... back to my carrot sticks and celery ... someday maybe, but probably not.

Bill
KLR650
Looking for the next machine :<)
Lafayette, Indiana
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 6:09 pm

The part of the description that stated: " They are fairly trim fitting through the seat and legs..." scared me off. I figured that if the seller was telling me this up front, they stand a chance of being VERY "trim fitting" and would choke my "boys".

BUT, that Cortech Fusion jacket for $62 was just too good a price to pass up!

2010 Honda NT700V
1978 Honda CB400T II

Formerly
2011 R1200 RT
'04 R1150 RT-P
'04 R1200CLC
'06 Triumph Scrambler
'02 K1200LT
'01 R1200C Montana
'00 H-D Dyna Defender

" Twas a woman that drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her! " - W.C. Fields
post #8 of 10 Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

My Boy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_S
The part of the description that stated: " They are fairly trim fitting through the seat and legs..." scared me off. I figured that if the seller was telling me this up front, they stand a chance of being VERY "trim fitting" and would choke my "boys".

BUT, that Cortech Fusion jacket for $62 was just too good a price to pass up!
My new Moto GP Alpines were outside the garage door for a couple of days unnoticed until I ran a check on the FedX tracking site. They had been delivered two days ago and left in a milky white bag (FedX . . . New Enough shipped them boxed) for protection from the elements. It's dark when I get home from work and we've had snow off and on since delivery. Since it was 9 deg. this morning I let them defrost inside the cozy house before the modeling.

I ordered my regular waist size (40) and the fit was great even with the insulated liner. Plenty of room in the seat and legs as well.
The only disadvantage is that there is a fabric web triangle when you unzip the fly (must be a Euro thing) so I'll need to make some "adjustment" for the family when the need arises . . OTHERWISE great value and post! Total cost including FedX ground was $90.87!
Now I'm just waiting for my new Shoei Multitec from Chicago Performance, Inc.

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #9 of 10 Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 2:36 pm
Gold Supporter

So do you just order the same size you wear in jeans or what?

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #10 of 10 Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 3:24 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
So do you just order the same size you wear in jeans or what?
I have another pair of riding pants that are mesh and they are the same size. The invoice said returns are authorized w/in 15 days of shipment as well!

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2016 Spain & Portugal

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in