Review- cold weather riding gloves - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Dec 14th, 2014, 8:44 pm Thread Starter

Review- cold weather riding gloves

As the temps started to drop I started to figure out I needed a good pair of cold weather gloves. Started with a pair of ski gloves I had but I REALLY didn't like them. Couldn't feel the heated grips and I got "arm pump" after awhile trying to keep my grip. Also, and this falls into the "picky category", I didn't like the way I couldn't "feel" the bike through the handlebars.

I started by looking at something like a Gerbings heated gloves, but that would be redundant as I have heated grips. So, I started hunting for a glove that is made for heated grips....so no (or very little) insulation in the palm of the glove.....

After a bunch of looking I found a pair and ordered. I ended up buying a pair of FXR Mountain Attack Lite's. They are for snowmobiling, so sorta makes some sense. They have insulation in the back of the hand/fingers and also on the sides, but not in the palm or inside of the fingers. Wore them today on a short ride and they lived up to my hopes. No arm pump. Could feel the bike pretty well and the best part is I could feel the heat from the grips. Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Steve and Shari Kramer
2009 BMW R1200RT
2008 BMW R1200RT (wife rides, I fix)
Sedro Woolley, Washington State
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Dec 15th, 2014, 2:04 am

Re: Review- cold weather riding gloves

Just so you know Gerbing's do not heat the palm side of the hand or fingers, only the sides and back, I know this sometimes means you still need to use the heated grips but its the back of the hands as you know that suffer from cold, wind chill etc.

Saying that I've yet to turn my heated grips on even when riding at -5 celcius as the palms are warm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in