The new SlamCam - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Nov 16th, 2012, 1:13 pm Thread Starter

The new SlamCam

I have just been playing with the new SlamCam and the new SlamCamMount, however I am still trying to figure out how to reduce the wind noise.
So come on and let me take you on a trip on the Iron Pig through Basel in Autumn.

http://s1013.beta.photobucket.com/us...sel-1.mp4.html

Without men civilization would last untill the oil needs changing.

Last edited by Slammer; Nov 16th, 2012 at 1:29 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Nov 17th, 2012, 4:16 am

Re: The new SlamCam

Got the pictures, very nice, but no video. I think mobile photobucket needs more work. I'm viewing this on an android tablet.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #3 of 7 Old Nov 17th, 2012, 4:24 am Thread Starter

Hmm! Seems to be something with the Photobucket format, try this.

post #4 of 7 Old Nov 17th, 2012, 10:08 am

I didn't have any luck with the video either, but I've got a pretty poor Internet connection.
the stills are neat. That's some beautiful scenery, and look at those switchbacks. they look like loads of fun.

I'm hoping I'll get to tour Europe some day on a bike.

Does your bike have one of those horizontally opposed engines? If so, it looks more stream lined than those with the 2 opposed cylinders, one poking out to each side. I don't mind the air cooled engines, but the newer ones have such slick styling until you get to the two sore thumbs jutting out at the bottom.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I'll keep checking on the videos. I bought one of those hero go-pros, and I'm fairly satisfied with the quality of the recordings. I just need to find more interesting sights to film.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

post #5 of 7 Old Nov 17th, 2012, 11:58 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerj
I didn't have any luck with the video either, but I've got a pretty poor Internet connection.
the stills are neat. That's some beautiful scenery, and look at those switchbacks. they look like loads of fun.

I'm hoping I'll get to tour Europe some day on a bike.

Does your bike have one of those horizontally opposed engines? If so, it looks more stream lined than those with the 2 opposed cylinders, one poking out to each side. I don't mind the air cooled engines, but the newer ones have such slick styling until you get to the two sore thumbs jutting out at the bottom.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I'll keep checking on the videos. I bought one of those hero go-pros, and I'm fairly satisfied with the quality of the recordings. I just need to find more interesting sights to film.
Well we are not going anywhere in this geological period, so when ever you are ready give us a call and I am sure that the Euro brethren and cisteren of the BMWLT forum will show you around.

post #6 of 7 Old Nov 17th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I can view the Photobucket videos.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #7 of 7 Old Nov 19th, 2012, 7:18 am

Cool, you drive on the right side of the road! A couple of observations - not as many advertising displays in the city - billboards, large displays, etc as I'm used to seeing in most US cities. And electric trains everywhere.

Maybe one day I'll be able to tour Europe on two wheels.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in