Germans Coast to Coast - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old May 5th, 2012, 11:23 am Thread Starter

Germans Coast to Coast

Germans going Coast to Coast.
Two Bikes my friend Dieter and my self with our wifes.
We start next week Wednesday May 9th in San Francisco. Pick our bikes up Friday and Saturday.
I will ride an LT and Dieter is going for an Electra Glide. We will keep you informed here on the Forum in "Riding Tales"
Is there any recommendation on the Tour regarding anything we have to watch on our trip like dangerous, nice area, really bad roads or other things.
Our schedule is.
S.F. > Monterey > Santa Barbara > L.A. > San Diego > back to Palmdale > Lone Pine > Death Valley > Badwater > Las Vegas > Hoover Dam > Williams, Grand Canyon and Route 66 > Monument Valley > Chinle > Albuquerque > Roswell > Houston > New Orleans > Mobile > Panama City > Orlando.
I would appreciate any comment from your side

thanks, Manfred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old May 5th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Re: Germans Coast to Coast

Wow, what a great ride you have planned. Keep us posted on how you make out and the progress you have made. Always curious as to how you and the LT holds up.

Enjoy your trip and pack lightly...actually the latter advice is for you wife.

G
post #3 of 44 Old May 5th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Hi, Manfred - sounds like you folks are gonna have a great ride and visit in the USA. You gonna ship the bikes back home from Florida after the trip?? And I'm not sure why, but I thought Rudy (Winghunter) was going to be on the same trip - no??

Have a safe trip over, while here, and on the return to home, Manfred. Lots of pictures are always recommended. Best always.

post #4 of 44 Old May 5th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Go to Colorado, ride the mountains!!!!!

Stark
2014 1200RT
In the past
2005 LT
2002 Honda 1300 VTX
2000 Honda 750
post #5 of 44 Old May 5th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Mobile is the ugliest part of Alabama. If you run into some free time, you gotta get to north Alabama, north georgia and north/south carolina. Great riding and great beauty. Have a great trip!

Associate Pastor, Pickens, SC
Director of F.A.I.T.H. Riders Ministry at my church

'07 BMW R1200GS Adventure - White (easily my favorite bike to date!)
'07 Honda Gold Wing - Metallic Silver
'99 BMW K1200LT - White
'06 Yamaha V-Star - 1100 Midnight Custom
'03 Yamaha FJR1300
'04 Yamaha V-Star - 1100 Classic
'99 Honda Shadow 750
'90 Honda Shadow VLX
post #6 of 44 Old May 6th, 2012, 3:26 am Thread Starter

Thanks for your tip Guy's will keep you up to date including pics.
Yes Dick Im one of Rudys group. Rudy couldn't manage to register his Bike over in the states therefor He and an other Member of the MTCG rented a Camper. We will meet them in Las Vegas for a Day.
I bought my LT in California about 120 mi east of S.F. and should stay after the Trip in Orlando at my Sons so no transfer to Germany. I will use it the next few Years for some trips in the US.

Manfred
post #7 of 44 Old May 6th, 2012, 5:23 am

Hello Manfred,

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time on your long awaited trip.

As mentioned, keep us posted.

Please ride safe and say hi to Rudy, Petra, and the rest of the gang.

Best regards,

Mauro

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving."

BMWMOA - #45711

2006 K1200LT - Blue Baby
2003 R1150GS - Yellowbird
1981 R100CS - Sadly gone
1991 K1100RS - Sold and burned
1986 K100RS - In the past

Last edited by Mugszy; May 6th, 2012 at 5:24 am. Reason: spelling
post #8 of 44 Old May 6th, 2012, 8:27 am

Very cool..someday I shall have the time!
Ride safe and take pics..lots of them.
I will be checking the thread you speak about!

One tip I can think of is bring some Lemon Pledge and a micro fiber towel to keep the windscreen clean.
Man the bugs just love the BMW windshield!
post #9 of 44 Old May 6th, 2012, 11:03 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreuter
> Hoover Dam > Williams, Grand Canyon and Route 66 > Monument Valley
In between Hoover Dam and Williams don't miss Route 66 from Kingman to Seligman. One of the best preserved sections of the Mother Road.

Motor On ,/'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 44 Old May 6th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Super Moderator

Well looks like you are traveling the southern route and there is a lot of history and great sites to see. If you stay in San Antonio check out
the Alamo (http://www.thealamo.org) - a little history of the US and Mexico and maybe a relaxing evening in the River Walk (http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/)
. . . nothing like the scenery in Germany but very flatland US / Texan . . .

I am sure others will chime on in our your travels:

Dan Finazzo

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted to get"
post #11 of 44 Old May 8th, 2012, 6:49 am Thread Starter

Once again thanks for your recommendations.
I will go and check Rout 66 between Kingman and Seligman and will also take a look of San Antonios Scenery and I don't stop in Mobile
Thanks for everything.

Manfred
post #12 of 44 Old May 8th, 2012, 7:06 am
Lifetime Supporter

We were just at the Alamo and learned that 2 Germans fought and died along with the Texans. Actually there were many men from different countries listed that died there.

We also did the River Walk and had lunch at Dick's Last Resort. If you like to be entertained while having lunch this is the place. The waitstaff will say anything to anybody. If you can take a joke it is pretty good time.

Chuck
1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200
2009 BMW K1200LT
post #13 of 44 Old May 8th, 2012, 8:28 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Two Bikes my friend Dieter and my self with our wifes.
We start next week Wednesday May 9th in San Francisco. Pick our bikes up Friday and Saturday.
I will ride an LT and Dieter is going for an Electra Glide. We will keep you informed here on the Forum in "Riding Tales"
Is there any recommendation on the Tour regarding anything we have to watch on our trip like dangerous, nice area, really bad roads or other things.
Our schedule is.
S.F. > Monterey > Santa Barbara > L.A. > San Diego > back to Palmdale > Lone Pine > Death Valley > Badwater > Las Vegas > Hoover Dam > Williams, Grand Canyon and Route 66 > Monument Valley > Chinle > Albuquerque > Roswell > Houston > New Orleans > Mobile > Panama City > Orlando.

thanks, Manfred
How long are you planning for this trip?

Houston: Space Center
New Orleans: Bourbon Street

We are in Fulshear Tx, 20 miles west of Houston and 7 miles south of I-10
post #14 of 44 Old May 8th, 2012, 9:38 am Thread Starter

Hi Dan, someware around four weeks. We going back to Germany on June 7nd but I like to see the kids in Orlando for two three days.
Houston - New Orleans is on my schedule.
Got your Place, thanks.

Manfred
post #15 of 44 Old May 8th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Manfred, glad to hear you all are here! Sorry to hear Rudy couldn't get a bike!

While you're doing Rt. 66 through New Mexico, take a quick 40 minute jaunt north of Albuquerque, to Santa Fe - it'll be worth the detour. I grew up in Albuquerque and Santa Fe (still here) and I'd love to show you around!

Rudy
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

'03 BMW K1200LT (a keeper)
'08 BMW F800ST (fun fun fun)
'99 BMW R1100RT (sold her!)
'84 Honda Magna V45 (nice while she lasted)
'80 Yamaha YZ125 (rest her soul)
post #16 of 44 Old May 8th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrystark
Go to Colorado, ride the mountains!!!!!
+1
post #17 of 44 Old May 11th, 2012, 1:04 am

Hi friends from over the pond, guess it is my time to jump into this thread .

Well, it was a bit complicated for my friend Peter and me, to get the bikes registered. No problems to get a registration for the bike I bought already but for Peter it became more and more difficult as time time got closer to our trip. So I could aggree with the seller to cancel our contract.. Thanks to Rick from Oregon for his kind understanding.

So we finally will end up in a motorhome. Peter and and our ladies. Guess for the girls it is more relaxabel to do the long trip. they seem to be happy

Peter and I will leave on Sunday and pick up our motorhome in Vancouver. We will meet Manfred on the 19th of May in LAs Vegas. May be someone is interested to meet us down there. We will stay at the OASIS RV Park. Just ask for Rudy

On our Club forum we have opened a kind of a live blog. It is visible for guests. normally our forum is just for registered Members but due to a lot of interest in our trip we have opened that section. As a guest you will have a "read status". If you wonna leave a posting you need to be registered on our site.
http://mta.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=usa

sorry, our site is in German but there is a "Translator" on top of the site. Feel free to use it.

Hope to meet some of you guys along our route.

best regards from Bavaria

Rudy
"Winghunter"
Administrator and Chairman of the MTCG
The European Motorcycle Touring Community
Motorcycle Touring Club Germany

- Forum

post #18 of 44 Old May 11th, 2012, 1:08 am

This will be our route

Vancouver , Corvallis - Oregon, Lassen Volcanic Park, Yosemite Park, Fresno - CA, Sequoia, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, Historic Route 66, Grand Canyon South Rim, Grand Canyon North Rim, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Natural Bridges, Sonoran Desert, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, HW 1 North, San Franzisco, Vancouver

Rudy
"Winghunter"

- Forum

post #19 of 44 Old May 11th, 2012, 7:42 am

Lightbulb Re: Germans Coast to Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinazzo
Well looks like you are traveling the southern route and there is a lot of history and great sites to see. If you stay in San Antonio check out
the Alamo (http://www.thealamo.org) - a little history of the US and Mexico and maybe a relaxing evening in the River Walk (http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/)
. . . nothing like the scenery in Germany but very flatland US / Texan . . .

I am sure others will chime on in our your travels:

Guten Tag!

Being you're starting in San Francisco, you should go at least 12 miles north to Muir Woods National Monument to see some of the California Redwoods, also known as giant sequoias. I've been to Bavaria/Garmische, which is got to be one of Deutschland's crown jewels, but I don't think you have trees like this. Yosemite National Park is four hours East of San Francisco. This area is some of the most beautiful in California, and it's a "must see" part of Americana. here's one link: http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/top...od_forests.htm

And if you like wine, don't forget Napa Valley. California, as jacked up as their politics is , has some great tasting wines, many of which are world class.

+1 about San Antonio- it has lots of things to see and do and the Riverwalk is beautiful- and San Antonio is one of the best locations in the USA for TexMex cuisine. Forget the Mexican food in California- they can't hold a candle to the Southwest flavor of genuine TexMex.

Also, if the google map presented in one of the posts is accurate, I suggest changing the route South from Roswell, New Mexico to San Antonio. Head out of Roswell towards Big Ben National Park. It's beautiful, then go to San Antonio.

While you're in San Antonio, you might be interested in New Braunfels. It's a relatively small town compared to San Antonio, but it was founded by German immigrants.
It's just on the North side of San Antonio, and they have Schlitterbahn Waterpark, but if you like waterparks, SeaWorld, Texas in San Antonio might be better bet. I would say for water sports/recreation with a local flavor, go tubing down the Guadalupe River near Canyon Lake/New Braunfels. It's cheap, cool fun, and I've heard you can pull your own cooler of refreshments/beer in it's own inner tube.

I don't know much to see between Roswell and San Antonio on the above mentioned map/route, therefor the reason for my suggestion of Big Bend National Park. There's probably a member here to either confirm or correct me.

There is an area just Northwest of San Antonio referred to as the Texas Hill County, with small towns like Bandera, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Leakey and others w/ Texas charm. This area has beautiful scenic riding, giving you even more exposure to authentic Texas ambiance, so to speak. One famous/well known motorcycle route is the Three Twisted Sisters, aka The Hundred Mile Loop. You can google this and get an idea of what you could expect. Again, it's a great example of Southwest Texas countryside and the related charm. This is also a great area to experience Texas Bar-B-Q. Hope you all aren't vegans because Texas has some of the best food in the United States, and it involves all kinds of beef.

Speaking of great food, you'll want to maintain a healthy appetite to experience some awesome seafood and french inspired local cuisine in Louisiana known as Cajun-style or Creole. Between the flavors of what Texas offers and the great state of Louisiana, you'd be hard press to find better a more enjoyable culinary experience for your palate. Oh yeah, you'll want a great steak while in Texas. Besides TexMex, and Bar-B-Q, you can't beat Texas Beef. There are hundreds of great steakhouses. One that comes to my mine is a chain in Houston called Papas Brothers. As a matter of fact, they specialize in all the above w/ a chain of restaurants for each. They even have a chain for seafood with a Cajun influence, called Pappadeaux. But they steakhouse is called Pappa Bros. Steakhouse, and it's to die for, but it's also a four or five star restaurant, so it's pricey.

One last thing, while you're in the San Antonio area, and even the rest of Texas, try Shiner Beer. It's made in Shiner, Texas, and it's only available in Texas. There's several flavors, and all of them are really tasty. On a related note, there is a brewery with a castle-like building in San Antonio that makes Pearl Beer and Lone Star Beer. I want to say they have free guided tours, and they use to give free samples in their Buckhorn Hall of Horns (as in antlers). Pearl and Lone Star are marginal when it comes to flavor, but you want to say you drank a Lone Star beer. Ensure you try one from the bottle, instead of a can. Some reason, it's a lot more palatable.

Anyhow, hope this gives you some ideas to seriously consider.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

Last edited by bikerj; May 11th, 2012 at 8:27 am.
post #20 of 44 Old May 12th, 2012, 9:14 am Thread Starter

Germans Coast to Coast

Hi Folks there we are as promised here in this Thread.
After a long flight we arrived San Francisco on Wednesday evening.
Next Day sightseeing on a bus and a must on the Cable car. Is very impressive San Francisco with his different parts of the City. We spend some hours in China Town and Fishermans Wharf.

On our way throughout out the City we found some things and spots everyone knows like Golden Gate Bridge.

Or our nice ride on the Cable cars

On our Bus trip also Alcatraz in the fog

And on the end some good food and some beers on Fishermans Wharf

Keep you Guy's up to date, Manfred
post #21 of 44 Old May 12th, 2012, 10:25 am Thread Starter

Hi, thanks once again for your input and ideas. I changed some parts of the Route will visit Santa Fee and San Antonio.
As promised I will continue this Thread in Riding Tales has started already.

Manfred
post #22 of 44 Old May 12th, 2012, 7:09 pm

After you have soaked up all of the alien conspiracy hype that you can tolerate in Roswell, head south to Carlsbad and experience Carlsbad Caverns. Different types of tours, but all of them are nice and cool... a pleasant change from the Texas heat above. From there, join up with the 10 and head towards San Antonio...

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #23 of 44 Old May 12th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211
After you have soaked up all of the alien conspiracy hype that you can tolerate in Roswell, head south to Carlsbad and experience Carlsbad Caverns. Different types of tours, but all of them are nice and cool... a pleasant change from the Texas heat above. From there, join up with the 10 and head towards San Antonio...
+1 for Tony's suggestion. I believe Carlsbad is suppose to be the largest caverns in the U.S., but if you happen to not be able to stop there, San Antonio also has caverns called Natural Bridge Caverns on the North side. Of course, they're not as big as Carlsbad.... that's messed up. Hey Tony, I thought everything was suppose to be bigger and better in Texas?

Jeff

08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

post #24 of 44 Old May 13th, 2012, 9:37 am Thread Starter

On Friday I picked up my beauty and Dieter his HD on Saturday. We put just the first 300 mi on and went to the California Wine Yards at the Napa Valley. Really Beautiful. Quite warm there in the Valley up to the mid 90's.

And some pic's from the last two Days.

Dieter and his HD

My Beauty

Wine Yards all over

To Day we will head direction Monterey. Totaly different I think so.

Manfred
post #25 of 44 Old May 13th, 2012, 9:46 am

A road you may want to include is 191 in eastern Arizona. 191 runs all the way border to border, from Canada to Mexico, but the 100 mile section south of Alpine, Arizona to Clifton, Arizona is superb. I live 1000 miles away from there, but I make detours on my trips to try and include that section. 10 miles south of Clifton you can take 78 and head east into New Mexico - this is also another great road. There are no gas stations on that 100 mile section - so fill up in Alpine.

Dave

2008 K1200LT Biarritz Blue
2004 K1200RS Capri Blue

post #26 of 44 Old May 13th, 2012, 9:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccodavj
A road you may want to include is 191 in eastern Arizona. 191 runs all the way border to border, from Canada to Mexico, but the 100 mile section south of Alpine, Arizona to Clifton, Arizona is superb. I live 1000 miles away from there, but I make detours on my trips to try and include that section. 10 miles south of Clifton you can take 78 and head east into New Mexico - this is also another great road. There are no gas stations on that 100 mile section - so fill up in Alpine.
Thanks for the input. I'm planning a trip in September through Colorado, Utah, south to Grand Canyon/Arizona, then East to NM, so I'll be looking closer at incorporating your suggestion.

Jeff

08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

post #27 of 44 Old May 14th, 2012, 9:50 am Thread Starter

Hi all, yesterday we went from San Francisco to Monterey on Highway 1. Wasn't a lot of traffic quite a good to ride. But is not a long ride just a few Miles, very interesting with this kind of rough shore line.

Here some impressions from the day. Was a beautiful day.

Dieter in my slip stream on Highway 1

A LT in use as a Mule.

Two MTCG Members on the Pacific Ocean

Seeleons sun bading

End of the Daytrip something to drink at Motel Pool

And a Manatee in the Whirle pool at the Motel

To day we will go on a Boat for wale watching here in Monterey.

Manfred
post #28 of 44 Old May 14th, 2012, 6:59 pm Thread Starter

Today no miles on the Bike. Just for fun Whale watching on a Boat from Monterey.
A lot of Animals to see there Seelions Otters and even Whales.

Some Pics from to Day

Port of Monterey

Just on the Entrence of the Port a colonie of Lions, Birds and Otters in the Water

And in the open Ocean Whales. We were very lucky, we sow a bunch of them.

Next will be Morro Bay.

Manfred
post #29 of 44 Old May 14th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Looks like you guys are having a great time, hope the sun shines for the whole of your trip.

Gerhard
post #30 of 44 Old May 16th, 2012, 1:19 am Thread Starter

Today was riding day. Not so far just a short distance from Monterey to Morro Bay.
The first part about 70 mi ist very interesting up and down curfs left and right and a lot of things to see very unusual for the part of the world where we come from.

HWY 1

Dieter is leading today so I can see more of the things beside the road

A feuw of the coast line

A Seeelephant population close to Big Sur

End of oure riding day in Morro Bay, Port of M.B. with Morro Rock

Tomorrow we will go down to Santa Barbara will give some more pics

Manfred
post #31 of 44 Old May 18th, 2012, 7:23 pm Thread Starter

Hi all, Morro Bay is far behind us. We went to Santa Barbara and on Thursday to Palmdale with a stop in Hollywood and L.A. Today from Palmdale to Furnace Creek / Death Valley. Santa Barbara was a nice place Hollywood and L.A. very crowded and the Death Valley quite hot.
Here some pic's from the last Day's

Santa Barbara at the Harbor and the Promenade

Just us four at the Port in Santa Barbara

Tina with the famous Name on the Hill

Just before we arrived in Palmdale

Me and Tina at a stop in the Death Valley

Our Days stop Furnace Creek Ranch in the Death Valley

Next Stop is Las Vegas, Manfred
post #32 of 44 Old May 18th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Hey, Manfred - thanks for sharing the pics with the forum. Sure can tell you guys are having a wonderful time. Keep riding safe and sharing the pics - and enjoy the vacation.
post #33 of 44 Old May 18th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Quote:
Our schedule is.

thanks, Manfred
Suggested Solvang, but you're way past that now! Have a great trip!

Rudy

post #34 of 44 Old May 20th, 2012, 10:45 am Thread Starter

Now our trip Furnace Creek - Las Vegas. There is not a lot to see, just desert desert desert and some salty lakes for sure the deepest point of the US Badwater.
Some Pic's as usual

Desert, desert and again desert

Deepest Piont of the US, Badwater

First tankstop after the Death Valley Pahrump

And then the hotest City I know Las Vegas

HD Cafe on the Strip

Manfred
post #35 of 44 Old May 21st, 2012, 10:53 am Thread Starter

Yesterday we went to the Hoover Dam. Just a short ride from Las Vegas but the Dam is very impressive. We left our bikes on the Arizona side and walked back to Nevada
Here some pics of our journey.

View of Lake Mead.

Hoover Dam

Viuew from Arizona to the overflow towers

Out flow or I call it back to the River

Monument

The whole Gang

Manfred
post #36 of 44 Old May 31st, 2012, 10:11 pm Thread Starter

Hi friends, I dintīpost for 10 days. Sorry about that but there is a slow Internet at some Motels there is no time at the evening and some other things but I will get everything up in order. Will take a few days but I promise.
First I have to sa sorry to Rudy in Santa Fe that we could not meet up there but the time is almost going.
Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam is far behind us we are in Beaumont Texas already and will visit New Orleans tomorrow.

After Las Vegas and Hoover Dam we went in direction Williams, Grand Canyon, on the way over there we stopt at Route 66.

Next day Dieter and both Tinas went by train up to the Grand Canyon I my self spend a day in bed with some Kidney problems, but I think they have had some fun. On the train some trustfull personal, a fiddler and a train stop with robbery

On the Canyon they say a camera cant really show what you see there but anyhow here are some pics.

Next time more, Manfred
post #37 of 44 Old May 31st, 2012, 11:03 pm

Great pics of the Grand Canyon! Hope you all are enjoying yourselves. Be safe and have a blast in New Orleans!

Rudy

post #38 of 44 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:29 am Thread Starter

Hi friends, Las Vegas is far behind us we are already in New Orleans. On the way over here we have seen a lot of nice and good things a really good trip up to now.

We have been at the Canyon de Celly

Via Roswell, Fort Stockton and Del Rio over to San Antonio a beautifull City with his Alamo and the River Walk

River Walk, extra superb with his Pubs, Bars and Restaurants

Next will be New Orleans

Manfred
post #39 of 44 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:02 pm Thread Starter

On our Way to New Orleans.

Once in a while needs an old man a rest, here someware on an Restarea on a Highway

A Highway Bridge over a River

Swamp to the right and the left of the Highway

Coming to New Orleans

Super Dome and part of the City

Mississippi Bridge

Next Pics will be from New Orleans

Manfred
post #40 of 44 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

Now, New Orleans.
We stay here just in the French Quarter. To day we take a rest and tomorrow we go on the road again. New Orleans the French Quarter and Bourbon Street you cant prescribe it is a melting pott of everything.

French Market

Bourbon Street by daylight

Somekind of crowded and noisy by night, but I love it

Jazz and Live Bands in every Bar and any Corner

So far New Orleans.
We have still 650 mi to go till Orlando, just a hopp. We will stop on the way over there in Pensacola and Tallahasse and on Thursday next week is our flight back to Germany.
I ceep you informed Guy's

Manfred
post #41 of 44 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

guess it is time to jump into this thread as well. Yep, the second group is not in a bike and ended up in a RV. Well, the trip with the RV is for the ladies a bit more comfy

We are now in Pismo Beach heading back to Vancouver. Our trip in total will end up with around 10 000 Kilometers.

Manfred and Tina, I can`t say it often enough. I really pay a lots of respect to your trip. You and tina do a great job my friend.

Take it easy and finish the last miles safely.

You will find tons of pictures on our Club forum. We have opened a section for guests.

Enjoy the pictures

best regards from the SunShine State, Pismo Beach

Rudy

Rudy
"Winghunter"

- Forum

post #42 of 44 Old Jun 9th, 2012, 12:02 pm Thread Starter

Hello everyone, we arrived our home in Germany yesterday.
Our flight was on Thursday from Orlando via New York to Frankfurt.
On our way from New Orleans to Orlando we have had some bad weather with a lot of rain but finally we made it.

Here some more pic's from our ride

Swamp area in Louisiana

A last drink on the Poolside of our Motel for the last time on this trip

Bad weather with haevy rain you see it on the wet roads

Next morning after we crossed the finish line cleaning and check trough of some technical things because she has to wait for the next ride.

Looks like new , on the way I called her Francisca, is a German Girls name, because I picked her up close to San Francisco

So Guy's I like to say thanks to everyone how helped me to schedule this Trip, thanks for your advise and for your invitations. We have seen a lot of nice and funny thinks, have had a lot of fun on our ride, meet a lot of new, nice and helpful people, everything worked out well.
I know it is a long way throughout the states we made about 4300 mi or almost 7000 Kilometers, and Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Texas is not always nice to Bikeriders but we dit it.
I'm proud of my wife that she withstand the pressure, kept on going, very good and strong. She lost about 6 lb's is a lot for a tiny person like her
Was my Target # 1 since 30 Years to cross the states on a Bike, once more, we made it.

Thanks, Manfred
post #43 of 44 Old Jun 16th, 2012, 2:42 am

Wazzn Ausflug. What a great ride, I enjoyed the piccys and the story a lot, got into a dream and now I am suffering from Fernweh big time.

Without men civilization would last untill the oil needs changing.
post #44 of 44 Old Jun 17th, 2012, 6:32 am Thread Starter

as I said before took me about 30 Years

Manfred

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in