FIRST ride this year - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ibbones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 11:22 am Thread Starter

FIRST ride this year

Saturday I threw my leg over the seat that has been gassed up since the 29th of December to make my first ride of the year. It's been a very strange year for me physically.
I filled up at the end of December to get ready for the South Central New Years Day Ride to Waco but since the weather was forecast for a high of 28* and sleet, no one went.
January had wind and wet so I stayed parked. February brought me back to the Dr. for a boot I had to wear for seven weeks so no boots or blue jeans.
At the end of March I had eye surgery in my left eye for cataracts and went three weeks to go back for my checkup. Then the Dr. decided to do my right eye. Another three weeks of not seeing very well. Astigmatism so I could not read without my glasses for over a month. Finally the day came for me to get my new glasses so I could go out and enjoy the world. The frame broke in the lad and they had to order another pair......from Japan. Still cannot see the computer except the stupid signs and banners on Facebook so no coming to the LT Site and see what is going on.
At the end of May, Rhonda was going to have trigger finger surgery on both hands and would be unable to grab anything. No problem since i am here. One week from work turned into six due to infection (thank you type 1 diabetes) so she needed a lot of help with both hands bandaged up.
Fast forward to Saturday the 18th, I filled up my tires to the proper PSI, knocked off the dirt daubers and spiders and hosed off the bike. I rode. It was only about 170 miles but I rode. I rode with my wife. I rode for the first time in a long time. All that earlier crap that happened in the first part of the year was no longer, cause I rode.
I am gonna make a quick ride this Saturday to grab a burger with my Son-In-Law who just starter ridding a few months ago and my daughter will be sitting behind me while we go.

Sorry for the long post, just ranting and good to "see" ya'll again.
D.Kinsey and Leboyd like this.

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 11:40 am

Re: FIRST ride this year

Howdy, Bud. Glad you and the bride finally got on the horse for the first time in a long stretch. Got some good times coming up - I hope you and Rhonda have all the troubles behind y'all and finish out the year on a high note. BTW - whazzup with the bike wash?? Didn't you used to find a rain storm to ride thru and take care of that leetle chore? 😉 😉 Best to you folks always.
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 11:43 am

Glad you finally made it out "Bones" I had that type of thing go on for all of last year and only made it out on the bike once the entire year between work, health, rain and other commitments.

This year is going to be different and have already been out several times and plan on many more. Mine are usually short day rides of 200 or less but I enjoy them none the less.

Keep the rubber side down.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 4:34 pm

Sorry to hear of the medical issues but glad to hear you are back in the saddle now.
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 8:12 am

Glad to hear from you. We have hade medical issues at our house also. as I'm still working Saturdays and can not do the Saturday ride thingy, how bout a Sunday lunch at that fish place near you?

Loansumrider: Jim
01 LT Fast Pacific Blue ... " The Goose "

? when to ASUME, and HOW MUCH should you ASUME, safely ?
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 7:00 pm

Hey Homey.....RTE coming up! Glad both of ya are healed/healing up!!

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in