NY to see Alamo - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 9th, 2014, 5:19 pm Thread Starter

NY to see Alamo

Trip calendar August 29 to September 7. Preparation started with a service at MAX BMW on the LT with 2 upgrades Ohlins shocks and replace NAV 3 with NAV 5. 9 nights on the road 14 states and 3883 miles. Hotel cost rounded up $1100.00. Fuel $315.00. States passed through in order NY PA OH KY TN AR TX LA MS AL GA TN VA WV MD PA NY. Riding gear was Olympia, rain in TN any KY was easier to handle than heat in TX......in traffic dashboard thermometer read 100 degrees. I found soaking T-Shirt under riding jacket with vents open worked very well.....and drink water. My Passenger wife is awesome at records cost, fuel, reservations and navigation. A BIG difference with NAV 5 is I can un-mount it hand it to her she can re-program, hand it back I re-mount and continue. We use Nolan helmets with intercoms. Her microphone had a bad connection and had to be in just the right position to maintain contact.....annoying but handled, to be repaired. Otherwise motorcycle ran perfect Thanks MAX. We always pick a Hotel that served free breakfast and was very accommodating to motorcycles.

When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all.
Colonel. Theodore Roosevelt

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who would do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 9th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Re: NY to see Alamo

Freakin awesome. I would love to get out for that long on the bike. It's good ur wife likes to ride. It makes the trip that much better.

Ken
El Paso Texas

2007 K1200LT
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 9th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Sounds like a great trip ( except for that Texas heat! ) nice that your wife was with you too.

Ride Safe,

Bob
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We were leaving confusion and nonsense behind, performing this one noble function of our time..to move"
Dean Moriarty - On The Road

'12 R1200RT

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 14th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Have a good trip to the Alamo. However a word of advice from a previous trip there. Do not park two motorcycles in the same parking space. With the very limited parking available one would think they would encourage that , but it cost me and my riding buddy $52.00 each for abusing a parking space.Needless to say I was shocked and could not believe it.I will never go there again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in