Adaptiv - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 5:38 am Thread Starter

Adaptiv

I was in a dealership the other day and the topic of radar detectors came up.
Now, I've always thought the way to go was with a V1, but I've been out of the loop for so long (haven't owned a cage for 14 years) what would I know?
Anyway, it was suggested that I look at an Adaptiv detector. Specifically made for motorcycles. I won't reveal how he came to know it worked real, real well.

http://www.adaptivtechnologies.com/g...radar-detector

I brought up the V1 and was told his experience was they couldn't take the moisture and after several returns to the manufacturer he was told they wouldn't fix it again for him.
So.....anyone with one of the Adaptiv detectors?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 5:40 am Thread Starter

Re: Adaptiv

Doh....it seems they're here under TPX. Sorry.

post #3 of 4 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 8:16 am

Wink Re: Adaptiv

I've had one for several years now and don't ride without it! It has been completely weatherproof and even crash survivable! I actually purchased a certificate for one at the CCR Silent Auction and managed to acquire it for a song. And the company has been supportive. When I had a problem with the mount they provided an updated one as an exchange for no charge!

It won't give you directions like the V-1, but it does a good job of detecting, even behind you!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 11:54 am

Re: Adaptiv

I just purchased a V1 and used it on a quick trip in my truck from SoCal to the Canadian border and back to move my mother in law. Wow ... Loved it and the directional arrows and differentiation between junk signals, side signals to safely ignore, etc. seem like options I wouldn't want to lose. I don't have any experience with detectors in the past beyond my son quitting using a cheap one due to too many false indicators.

I am building a mount utilizing the mirror mounts, RAM components and a Pelican water proof 1020 box (based on a post by Dshealey on another thread.) hopefully that addresses the moisture issue you referenced.

Chris

Ain't nothin like a friend who can tell you you're just pissin in the wind - Neil Young
2015 BMW R1200RT
1973 BMW R75/5
Yard Art - 1968 Sachs 90 / 1968 Hodaka Ace 90
SCBMWRC / MOA / Airhead Beemer Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in