V1 Remote Audio Adapter - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 8:19 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
V1 Remote Audio Adapter

Let's see if we can liven this forum up a little.

I've been using my V1 connected to my IntaRide intercom using the Remote Audio Adapter and a custom cable that I made. I'm now removing my IntaRide and replacing it with a Baehr unit.

I'd like to hook up the V1 adapter using the 2.5mm speaker jack on the back of the adapter, rather than the 3.5mm jack on the front. I vaguely remember that this didn't work when I tried it before.

Is anyone using the 2.5mm audio output jack on the V1 Remote Audio Adapter? Any special cables needed, or did it just plug right in?

I'd like to get all my cables together before I start tearing things apart.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 8:27 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Ken:

This won't answer your question but will let you know how I hooked mine when i had the LT.

I did not use the rear 2.5 mm. Didn't try it either. Used the front 3.5 mm. Since my Baehr unit on the LT was under the rear seat, I bought an extension cord to reach the left side of the BMR Co-Pilot shelf.

HTH,

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 8 Old Feb 19th, 2006, 12:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Is anyone using the 2.5mm audio output jack on the V1 Remote Audio Adapter? Any special cables needed, or did it just plug right in?
Ken - I also use the front 3.5mm socket of my RAA for V1 audio, but I don't see any reason why the rear 2.5mm socket shouldn't work as well. If you can't find a 3.5mm male to 2.5mm male cable, a simple 3.5mm to 2.5mm (or vice versa) adapter will work. Rene and Rick both successfully used the rear socket on their RAA's, as described in this thread.

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese

I'd like to get all my cables together before I start tearing things apart.
Ken,
The 3.5mm front jack is meant for feeding a signal into an amplifier. The rear 2.5mm jack if for attachment to a speaker. If you are determined to use the 2.5mm jack(I was and did), use an isolation cable.
I got into this with the folks at Valentine a couple of years ago when I was installing a Tesseract XMA3 amplifier. They told me about the differences in the jacks and I forwarded it on to the guys at Tesseract. They began marketing isolation cords shortly after this.
http://www.tesseractcorp.com/accesso...0Patch%20Cords

Mick
Tucson
"Old and Slow" Sorta
post #5 of 8 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 8:22 pm

I am running the rear jack into the number 1 priority Baehr input with a Radio Shack 2.5-3.5 adapter and a 3 foot extension cable to reach the front of the bike from the Baehr contoller located under the pass seat. It seems to work fine, good volume that over-rides radio nicely, no hum. Good tone in both helmet speakers. Do I need to move to the front ouput or use an isolation cord?

Laurence Hendrick

2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite (Oh my, so fast!)
2005 LT Ocean Blue (Sold and comfort will be missed, but not the weight)
post #6 of 8 Old Feb 20th, 2006, 9:09 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
Thanks for the info guys. I emailed Valentine and they also said to use the front jack as the rear is meant for a direct helmet speaker output. But I'd rather have all the cables coming out the back because of where I'm mounting it. It's good to hear that someone else has it working that way.

Laurence, I'd say if it's working well for you then don't worry about it. But do you remember the part number of the Baehr cable you're using for the V1? Many of the Baehr cables are already isolated, but as you mentioned I may have to extend it some.

Just trying to get everything together before I start tearing the bike apart.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 8 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 3:35 pm

Cable details for Valentine Audio to Baehr

Seems to be working fine. Just installed it this weekend. I used the Baehr cable labeled RKW-03-02 and #1365 Baehr, got it from Raffy, with a 3 foot Radio Shack cable to extend to the front of the bike and a Radio Shack 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter to get it in the little hole in the back of the Valentine audio box. The Baehr cable specified has a 3" long bulge in it that could be some form of isolation, or it may just be happy to see me. I could just as easily have plugged it into the front of the audio box but with the NAV II, Sirius Sportster and Valentine 1 with audio box all on a BMR shelf it already looks like the deck of the Enterprise and the more I can hide in the back the better for me.

I plan to use another of these cable setups to feed my Sirius Satellite audio into the Baehr too, and I've pre-installed the extension cable for same, just need to order the Baehr cable from Raffy. SUre nice not to have to use the FM modulator method, which is not so great in the NY Metro area.

Laurence Hendrick

2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite (Oh my, so fast!)
2005 LT Ocean Blue (Sold and comfort will be missed, but not the weight)
post #8 of 8 Old Feb 21st, 2006, 4:54 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
Thanks again, Laurence. I have an CRKW-03-02 cable already, and the same cable with a 2.5mm plug coming from Raffy. I'll sort it out next week after I get back from Oregon.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in