Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shelton, CT, USA
Pretty sure I have Smartire receiver problems
I have about 1K on my Smartire setup and I'm convinced I have receiver problems. I just need confirmation that it's not just me or my install.
Everything seems to work out of the chute in the morning. I start out and almost immediately I sense both wheels and I can push the button and the unit cycles through the displays and everything looks normal. I installed the receiver on top of my Sirius antenna with some industrial strength Velcro and it is at an excellent viewing angle. I have some signal loss so I decided to move after a few days but I had intermittent problems so I wanted to get things identified before I changed the parameters..
After about an hour the button stops working.. however I can get it to work sometimes. Once the button stops working I notice that one or more of the readouts contain the two dashes that are there at setup. I always get tire pressure but either tire may or may not give me one or more of the four other readings.
I never get an error code. I began to think it was heat related because the unit is exposed to direct sun and it's black. I moved it to a shady spot under my Sirius antenna on my BMR shelf and it didn't recover. I powered it off and it initialized correctly after a wait as I was stopped like I expected.. A little longer than I expected but within 9 minutes it was operational without movement and I had all readings and the button worked.
Has anyone had similar problems.. i.e most notable is the button not activating a display sequence. I'm not happy with relative pressure.. but I'm happy with the cold start of day tire pressure readout.
Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA