I parked it next to the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 2:42 pm Thread Starter

I parked it next to the LT

Last night I got home from picking up my new-to-me 2007 R1200R. When I picked it up it had 247 miles on the clock. It only took me two days and 816 miles to make the 437 mile trip back to my house. I have been riding a 2000 K1200LT for several years and a 1978 R100S many years before that. It felt like riding a scooter for the first mile and a half. It was an amazing ride. I took it to a dealer 120 miles from where I picked it up and had the 600 mile service and brake line recall performed.

On the way home I rode in mountain twisties, on some amazing two lane desert roads in the middle of the Mojave, in 60 degrees and in 31 degrees. What a great bike! I was worried at first. Not about failing FD, failed EWS rings, or bad seats. I was worried because I didn't have THE smile after the first day. Once I hit the desolate desert roads and twisties on the second day I found myself smiling so much it hurt. I put 461 miles on the bike the second day and my butt didn't even hurt.

The gentleman I purchased the bike from could not have been nicer and easier to deal with. As I was pulling out of his heated garage he put his hand on my shoulder and told me to enjoy the bike like he wished he could have. I fully intend to do just that.

2007 R1200R

2000 K1200LT

1978 R100S (long gone, but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 3:57 pm

Re: I parked it next to the LT

Congrats on the new-to-you Christmas present, Sean! Gonna keep both scoots in inventory, are ya??

Every time you guys post up about the enjoyment of owning an RT of some circa, I wonder how it would have been back in '99 when me and ole Toad got paired up, if instead, I'da taken the dealership owner's advice and had let him deliver one to my casa? Guess I'll never know - butt a second bike might be sumpthin' Santa oughta think about some Xmas, when he runs outta ideas!!

BTW - seeing your avatar - thought I'd mini-hijack this thread and show you our soon-to-be family addition. Six weeks at pick-up next Wednesday. Sleepless nights just around the corner!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tallulah.jpg.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	29746  
post #3 of 11 Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 4:11 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

In keeping with the "Not So Mini Hi Jack"
Congrats on the new member of the "Paw Print Gang"

Oh Yea and the R1200R too

Stevie Shreeve

post #4 of 11 Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 5:38 pm Thread Starter

Great looking bullie Dick. I have had two. They are not the smartest breed but they make up for it in other ways. Don't let anyone tell you that a bulldog cannot be trained. Ours has a large wire crate that stays in the living room. The door is always open.That is unless it is bath day, which today was. I shut the door to his crate and he went and sat in front of the shower until I opened the shower door. He walked right in and sat down for his shower bath. They are great dogs. Enjoy yours.

2007 R1200R

2000 K1200LT

post #5 of 11 Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 10:47 pm

That might be worth a little loss of sleep.
post #6 of 11 Old Dec 8th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Aw geez Dick! What a QT!

You know what "they" say dontcha? Apparently masters and pets grow to look more alike as time together goes on. Sometimes it starts even before the little feller/fellerette comes home for the first time!

Not sure if this is true or not!

Enjoy your new family member!

BTW, someone mentioned in a prior post that they are not the smartest dog. Might be a good thing if ya know what I mean!

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #7 of 11 Old Dec 13th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Boston Terriers have way too many brains in those square heads...

Doug Stracener
2011 RT polar metallic
Attorney,
MSF #127350,
Instructor, Motorcycle Safety Program Louisiana Department of Public Safety
NAUI Scuba Instructor #36288
Divers Alert Network Board member
post #8 of 11 Old Dec 17th, 2010, 1:41 am

Garage

Congrats...I've had an R1150R for 4 years and love it to death. The LT was good but not as much fun.
post #9 of 11 Old Feb 4th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipokebadgers
Last night I got home from picking up my new-to-me 2007 R1200R. When I picked it up it had 247 miles on the clock.....

.....The gentleman I purchased the bike from could not have been nicer and easier to deal with. As I was pulling out of his heated garage he put his hand on my shoulder and told me to enjoy the bike like he wished he could have. I fully intend to do just that.

Awesome. How did you find such a low-milage bike?!?! I've been looking at R1200R's for a while (not to mention trying to justify buying one when I've got a K1600 GTL on order...) and would love to find one that has low miles and well taken care of....

Scott

In the garage:
'12 K1600 GTL (took delivery 5/25)
'12 Ducati Monster EVO 1100
'08 Big Dog Pitbull
'79 Honda CX 500 Deluxe (restored)

Past:
'09 BMW R1200R
'09 BMW K1200 LT
'08 Victory Vision
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'03 BMW K1200 LT
'02 Gold Wing 1800
'98 Yamaha Roadstar
'96 GoldWing 1500
'79 Honda CX500
'77 GoldWing 1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 11 Old Feb 5th, 2011, 11:35 pm Thread Starter

I just got lucky. I had been watching cycletrader.com for months along with ebay. I happened onto it on ebay the day it was listed. I was very apprehensive about spending that kind of money on ebay for a bike I wouldn't be able to see until after the sale. I emailed the seller and then talked to him on the phone several times and finally used the buy it now option. It worked out great. The seller was a very nice gentleman and very easy to deal with. I knew when I got to his house and he opened the garage door I had made a good decision. The R1200R was parked next to three restored Porches. It is a great bike and I am enjoying riding naked again. Good luck and just keep watching out for one.

2007 R1200R

2000 K1200LT

post #11 of 11 Old Feb 6th, 2011, 12:38 am
cws

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipokebadgers
... and I am enjoying riding naked again..
So its not really that cold over there, huh????

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in