i need a R90/S motor - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 14th, 2010, 1:02 am Thread Starter

i need a R90/S motor

i have a R90/6 that i have run to death we just purchased a 2009 K1200LT so my winter project is going to be building a hot rod R/90 the lower end and the top end are both realy far gone both rods ratteling the valves are caved in and the bore is shot anny help or advise would be welcome because i dont have a clue what is out there still for this old of a bikebut i realy like smoking new harleys with my antique scoot please help me go faster
R90/S motor would be a good start and a hot cam past that i am open to sugestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Aug 16th, 2010, 2:51 pm

Re: i need a R90/S motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x101bigfoot
i have a R90/6 that i have run to death we just purchased a 2009 K1200LT so my winter project is going to be building a hot rod R/90 the lower end and the top end are both realy far gone both rods ratteling the valves are caved in and the bore is shot anny help or advise would be welcome because i dont have a clue what is out there still for this old of a bikebut i realy like smoking new harleys with my antique scoot please help me go faster
R90/S motor would be a good start and a hot cam past that i am open to sugestions
Your bottom end is gone? Have you confirmed that?
There is a lot of Airhead stuff out there. Buying a working R90S motor might not be the cheapest way to go, especially if you're going to modify it anyway.
eBay, IBMWR market place, and others will have stuff.

I'd tear the existing motor down and see what you really need. You might need less than you think.
I have a 74 R90S and a 76 R90/6, love 'em both. You'll only get so much out of a 90 but one thing that is easy to do an will give a /6 a little more punch is swapping out the Bing CV carbs for some Dell'Ortos or something like that.

Here's a place to look for stuff:
http://www.ibmwr.org/market/adlist.php?cat=aps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in