K1200R Sport opinions - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jul 1st, 2013, 7:29 pm Thread Starter

K1200R Sport opinions

Test drove a 2007 K1200R Sport with 39k miles on it. The bike runs well and was a blast to ride. I'm interested but have not been able to find many reviews or opinions for the bike. My use will be around town with occasional 2 - 4 hour trips. Would appreciate thoughts on how well this bike fits that use and what the best source for after market ergonomic upgrades ( seat, windscreen) are. Also wondering if 39k miles is an issue for this motor.

All the best

Tuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:06 am

Re: K1200R Sport opinions

Hi Tuck, I bought my 2007 K1200r Sport (blue) about one year ago. Put apx. 7000 miles on it. Total 13k right now. Love the bike. Get tons of comments because it looks like nothing else. I've occasionally gotten the bug for something else but each time I test drive something else I find I have one of the best bikes out there.

I'd say its more of an open road and twistys bike. In town it's a tad cumbersome, long wheel base, but really not bad. Just takes getting used to. I bought a Corbin seat. Huge improvement along with bar backs. I can ride all day with out being sore or tired. Unfortunately it only has a range of about 175 miles.

Not much wind protection. A bike you may forever be growing into. Endless power and versatility. Let me know if you need to know anything specific.
Pat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in