ABS lights - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 8th, 2010, 1:33 pm Thread Starter

ABS lights

Was on the way to dealer, about 250 miles away, to get fork seals replaced, when the ABS lights started to flash. In the past, they would do this when I started a trip. Simple solution was to shut the bike off, re-start and the system would re-set itself. This time no go. Dealer had only a minute to look it over. He did a load test on the battery, and it checked out good. The pads were replaced, as the fork oil had drenched them. I got home & toped off both brake fluid containers. Still the ABS is flashing. Dealer, Hansens of Medford, said they had developed a few tricks to fix the problem, but sometimes none of those worked & the owner had to chose to live with it or start replacing some very expensive components. Could the fork oil leaking have contaminated the ABS sensor, and if so how is it possible to remove, & or clean it? I have never worked on the brakes on this machine. It is a 94 K1100LT with nearly 70k on it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Aug 8th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Re: ABS lights

Here's a very useful synopsis of the collective wisdom from the K11 rider's group (K11OG.org) that you should read, and then perhaps raise your issues on that forum:
http://k11og.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2110

I personally am a "tweener," as I have both a K12LT with the integrated brakes and a 71K75 RT; And so I have confidence in both the folks here on this forum and those on K11OG

Larry Johnson
2003 K12LT
1991 K75RT
(and tomorrow, a 1993 K11LT)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in